🆕 Axe-Fx III Cygnus Factory Presets "Enhanced" - Preview 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is the first preset in the post-Cygnus world that got me too. For me, scene 2 (80s Revisited) and that awesome pitch shifting had me playing for hours.
Yep. Me 3. I actually got bank C before it was temporarily pulled, and that preset and that scene was the first one I landed on.

Indeed, the Arrakis one is mine ;) in case you missed the demo :

And Brett Kingman also recorded one :

Now, one thing about this preset. Those who purchase my presets packs (*) knows that I use custom IRs. For this one, of course, I had to use factory cabs. Well, check the cab block! I used two YA IRs in channel A, which is used in all scenes ; BUT, there are also OH and ML options in channels B and C - you can check which one you like the best and select it in all scenes :) I would be curious to know which of the three cab options is your favorite?

(*) this preset combines two of of my commercial presets : the lead tone (with the "haunting delays") of "TDR Looper lead", and the synth drones from "Chords pad 1"

Nice! SO how does it work with the bottom note being held while the lead playing begins? Is that some automatic frequency detector at a certain threshold to play the drone synth triggered by it?

Nice! SO how does it work with the bottom note being held while the lead playing begins? Is that some automatic frequency detector at a certain threshold to play the drone synth triggered by it?
A true magician never devulges their secrets.

But since I'm not a magician ...

It's a very clever use of a pair of synth blocks.

A true magician never devulges their secrets.

But since I'm not a magician ...

It's a very clever use of a pair of synth blocks.
But its about explaining the patch for proper and full implementation. Its not about hiding any secrets. There are no secrets that anyone can hide in any fractal patches. I would just rather know whats going on before considering.

But its about explaining the patch for proper and full implementation. Its not about hiding any secrets. There are no secrets that anyone can hide in any fractal patches. I would just rather know whats going on before considering.
I was just kidding about magicians and secrets.

Fremen is a magician, maybe something better. Even though we can see just how he and others did something, the genius of how they got there can be astounding.

My last question?
I don't know who to put it to?
Factory Programs: Power Amp Modeling Off? - or - Power Amp Modeling On?
What was the baseline?
In what position were the presets set?
Thanks for the reply!

My last question?
I don't know who to put it to?
Factory Programs: Power Amp Modeling Off? - or - Power Amp Modeling On?
What was the baseline?
In what position were the presets set?
Thanks for the reply!
I use FRFR and I always have power amp and cab modeling enabled.
But set it to what you like best, there is no right or wrong when it comes to sound. You like what you like.

Thx for all efforts on this, definitely enjoying the revisited (and enhanced!) Factory Presets!

Maybe just because I had not used my Strat with vintage pickups for a while, but it seemed to me the latest version (enhanced preview) of the presets were 'quieter' (i.e. not as lound volume wise), as the last version (16.02, but 'not enhanced'...).

Anyone else seeing this? e.g. on clean using one of the Fenders in the first few presets, I need to bring up the volume on the Axe quiet a bit, while volume seems normal with same guitar when I play e.g. the latest Burgs preset (Strat Arena)...

Again, maybe just me, and I will look at it more carefully tonight, but just thought I would put it here to see if other had the same observation.

Cheers,
J

Thx for all efforts on this, definitely enjoying the revisited (and enhanced!) Factory Presets!

Maybe just because I had not used my Strat with vintage pickups for a while, but it seemed to me the latest version (enhanced preview) of the presets were 'quieter' (i.e. not as lound volume wise), as the last version (16.02, but 'not enhanced'...).

Anyone else seeing this? e.g. on clean using one of the Fenders in the first few presets, I need to bring up the volume on the Axe quiet a bit, while volume seems normal with same guitar when I play e.g. the latest Burgs preset (Strat Arena)...

Again, maybe just me, and I will look at it more carefully tonight, but just thought I would put it here to see if other had the same observation.

Cheers,
J

Nothing was changed in that regard.

don't know if any tweaks were made to the fuzz presets
In the summer of 2019, Dweezil spent a week at my house. To say we went down the rabbit hole of the intricacies of fuzz would be an understatement. We had about 15 different pedals under the microscope. The result was a block library from fuzz paradise. You are now reaping the rewards.

Interesting thanks. So these aren't quite finished yet?

I quite liked the preset #34: FAS Lead 1 under the Axe-Fx_III_ALL_BANKS-v16p02b.syx, but in this version it appears to of completely changed into something else quite different. The classic doesn't sound the same anymore? Can we keep that classic the same or other tones we already liked?

Interesting thanks. So these aren't quite finished yet?

I quite liked the preset #34: FAS Lead 1 under the Axe-Fx_III_ALL_BANKS-v16p02b.syx, but in this version it appears to of completely changed into something else quite different. The classic doesn't sound the same anymore? Can we keep that classic the same or other tones we already liked?
Maybe. If I remember the time-line correctly, Matt put up new factory presets of Bank A & B, then when he added C, some didn't work, because they had been done on yet another FW update (16.02.) He pulled Bank C, then we got 16.02, now we have these "Enhanced" versions.
Perhaps what you're hearing is how a preset sounds differently on 16.02, or maybe the preset was slightly changed, or both. If it has to do with the FW, you could revert and see if that does the trick for you. Or, assuming you backed up your earlier presets, you could pull the one in question from that backup to compare.

Personally, with so many great presets to choose from (many of which have effects in their chains that aren't necessarily engaged in the combinations you might like them to be, in the scenes within that preset), I'd just move on (after first trying out the various effects within whatever preset you like.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom