🆕 Axe-Fx III Cygnus Factory Presets "Enhanced" - Preview 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Admin M@

Administrator
Fractal Audio Systems
As many of you will be aware, we recently released updated versions of the Axe-Fx III factory preset banks. These have been incredibly well received and we're grateful for the many compliments and comments. In the week since, there have been a few changes, including a few new presets (with a great one by Marco Fanton... "MF Euro") plus some minor fixes here and there.

These banks have now been migrated to the FM3. (@chris and @2112 deserve special thanks for being my shoemaker's elves, working across the time zones on this conversion with me.) During that process, I added many enhancements to Bank A including "bonus" scenes, newly dialed-in effects, and per-preset Performance controls on par with the work previously done across banks B and C. (This enhancement is currently limited to the first 50 presets, with more to come later.) Now, I couldn't conscience having the "little brother" be the sole beneficiary of this effort, so I simultaneously made the same changes the Axe-Fx III presets. And I promised a preview, didn't I? ;)

Here it is! Those of you who want to explore the new goodies can install these banks and consider them an upgrade from those shared on May 27.

IMPORTANT: These banks require a minimum firmware version of 16.02.
https://www.fractalaudio.com/downlo...0/Axe-Fx-III-Factory-Presets-16p02-ENH-p1.zip

The easiest way to install is to use the "All Banks" file, included in the zip.

Last edited:
Thank you

Question: 122 preset by Marco - whats the name of it - I see it named "Small Box" doesnt look like a Marco preset - no scenes also

As many of you will be aware, we recently released updated versions of the Axe-Fx III factory preset banks. These have been incredibly well received and we're grateful for the many compliments and comments. In the week since, there have been a few changes, including a few new presets (with a great one by Marco Fanton... "MF Euro") plus some minor fixes here and there.

These banks have now been migrated to the FM3. (@chris and @2112 deserve special thanks for being my shoemaker's elves, working across the time zones on this conversion with me.) During that process, I added many enhancements to Bank A including "bonus" scenes, newly dialed-in effects, and per-preset Performance controls on par with the work previously done across banks B and C. (This enhancement is currently limited to the first 50 presets, with more to come later.) Now, I couldn't conscience having the "little brother" be the sole beneficiary of this effort, so I simultaneously made the same changes the Axe-Fx III presets. And I promised a preview, didn't I? ;)

Here it is! Those of you who want to explore the new goodies can install these banks and consider them an upgrade from those shared on May 27.

IMPORTANT: These banks require a minimum firmware version of 16.02.
https://www.fractalaudio.com/downlo...0/Axe-Fx-III-Factory-Presets-16p02-ENH-p1.zip

(There is no ALLBANKS file yet. Use Fractal-Bot to send them over one-by-one, please.)
Thanks M@!

Thanks M@! Just spent hours noodling through many of these and had a blast. Very much appreciate the constant flow of new sounds.

Wow! Thanks guys! I honestly didn't think there was any way to improve on the Factory Presets, you guys have out done yourselves! Thank you!!

Wow! Thanks guys! I honestly didn't think there was any way to improve on the Factory Presets, you guys have out done yourselves! Thank you!!

It is possible to add a subtle enhancement to most presets by adding a Preamp in High Quality Mode at the Cab block. e.g.: to the preset "Cork Sniffers" add Vintage Pre, with Drive around 4 and Saturation around 3 (only for genuine corksniffers that appreciate fine aromas). For other presets I normally use FET or Tape

That is what I'm playing right now, and I cannot move to another preset

Last edited:
Oh wow, my flashaholic and testing disorder is coming back after all these years...... and it feels great :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom