Wish Wish please - Mimic (Mimiq) Block

The thing TC Mimiq does really well, and what I think draws people to it, is the subtlety of the delay time randomization. I can almost replace my Mimic pedal with L6's "double-take", but I can annoyedly hear the double-take shifting it's delay gears where as the Mimiq pedal very subtly moves around a generated single voice on one side (my preferred config) randomly between 0 and 40ms or so depending on the tightness setting. It's that subtlety of randomization that makes Mimiq a great pedal imo - the delay time is changing but I can't quite pinpoint / hear exactly when it changes while in dry-left / gen'd-single-voice-right config. Would love to see Fractal tackle it, but they would have to match that subtlety of randomization to get me away from the outboard TC version.

Last edited:
Yea, I still run the Mimiq in one of the loops on my setup. It's really good at what it does. I'm only running two outboard pedals at the moment with my big axe rig- the Microcosm, and the Mimiq. It's very cool, and just gives an enormous stereo image in a way that doesn't come off as phasey and weird.

Cooper Carter's simulated MIMIQ can be found in the factory Petrucci preset. Also watch his recent videos:

Relative to the Enhancer block the Pitch block uses a ton of DSP, and the LFO Pitch Block on the petrucci rig preset just sounds like a stereo chorus/vibrato to me. It also lacks any Haas effect so it's not as wide as classic mode on the enhancer block, let alone Mimiq's 1 dub mode. Over the years I've tried all the built-in widening tricks multiple times and I can't find or build anything as wide as Mimiq. However I'm content for the time being with the enhancer classic mode because of the decent width and low DSP usage, though a Mimiq-style mode would be a welcome addition for even greater width / faux double tracking.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom