Wish Wish please - Mimic (Mimiq) Block

I would think the Polytune would be hard to replicate because it would take a lot of processing power.
Sorry, but I'd say that guess could not be more wrong. TC can make a clip-on Polytune that they sell for bugger-all money and powered by a 2032 battery. If polytuning needed a lot of processing power you couldn't fit it in a clip-on format, you couldn't sell it cheap and you couldn't power it with a 2032 battery.

This pedal is simply catasrophilically necessary. She is more priority than a new amplifier model. Because, the huge number of guitarists with FRACTAL amplifiers are the only one in the group. And they really need to compensate the second guitarist by making the sound wider and thicker. It will help out many.

+1. I use the enhancer block on classic mode live with my IEMs, I prefer it to the other methods using pitch blocks and LFOs etc, but I do miss the width and realism of the mimiq. Might have to add the mini pedal in an FX Loop in front of one of the amp blocks.

+1. I use the enhancer block on classic mode live with my IEMs, I prefer it to the other methods using pitch blocks and LFOs etc, but I do miss the width and realism of the mimiq. Might have to add the mini pedal in an FX Loop in front of one of the amp blocks.

That's the problem with the Mimiq...it doesn't have side chaining. It should go in front of the amp block to get the proper envelope sensitivity, but you also want it after the amp block so you can get a double tracking effect with a single amp block.

If the Axe-FX had a double tracking block, it could be placed after the amp block, but have side chain input. If it did that, it could potentially be better than a Mimiq.

That's the problem with the Mimiq...it doesn't have side chaining. It should go in front of the amp block to get the proper envelope sensitivity, but you also want it after the amp block so you can get a double tracking effect with a single amp block.

If the Axe-FX had a double tracking block, it could be placed after the amp block, but have side chain input. If it did that, it could potentially be better than a Mimiq.

that's a really good point. +1

I'm pretty sure, if Fractal comes up with a double tracking block, it will certainly be better than the mimiq.

+1 The TC MIMIQ and the Digitech FreqOut are the only two external effects I use with the Axe-Fx. There is just nothing else like them in the modeler world, especially the MIMIQ. An inclusion of that effect inside the Fractal universe would be epic.

Back
Top Bottom