Axe-Fx III Firmware 24.04 Release

Status
Not open for further replies.
I tested this on my Sig:X tonight and I can’t hear or feel any difference engaging / disengaging the boost function when the gain II knob is turned to minimum.
That's also my experience on my amp, but I don't have a schematic to guarantee it's completely identical.

And that's probably why it'll never be modelled too. Making a model without a schematic is intensive enough. With all the switching and functionality in the circuit it's got to be 10x worse.

Side not, heck of an amp isn't it?

That's also my experience on my amp, but I don't have a schematic to guarantee it's completely identical.

And that's probably why it'll never be modelled too. Making a model without a schematic is intensive enough. With all the switching and functionality in the circuit it's got to be 10x worse.

Side not, heck of an amp isn't it?

Yeah, unless Steve Fryette decides that he'd like to have his amps modeled, it is unlikely that we'll ever get a Sig:X model in the Axe-FX. The Deliverance amplifiers are intentionally simple in their functionality and were likely not too much trouble to signal trace. The Sig:X is the total opposite. I think Steve said in one of his videos that the Sig:X was designed to have as many options as possible for the price point it was manufactured at. The idea was that anyone could find their signature tone with that amp. That's why he named it the Sig (signature) X (as in sign here on the document). I don't think it is out of the realm of possibilities because I get the impression that Steve and Cliff might get along if they were to interact directly.

Yes, it is a great amp. The way that it responds to picking dynamics and guitar volume / tone changes on all three channels makes it a very interactive playing experience. I hope Fryette does eventually release the series II Sig:X like they've been talking about for several years now.

the updated fryette d60 more seems to have a sagging effect that wasnt there before when playing fast below the 12th fret in the high strings. is it just me or did anyone else notice this?

I was still on 23.01 (!!!) because life kept me busy, and I was using the AxeFX for a lot of recordings and live work and didn’t have the time to worry about potentially changing presets.

Finally upgraded tonight and messed around a bit. I don’t know how to describe what I’m hearing, but there are some marked improvements all around. Everything sounds awesome. Fell in love with the 59 Plexi all over again. The touch sensitivity is (even more) incredible, and it feels to me like a lot of amps have had some of their low-end boominess tweaked. Huge improvements! Thanks Cliff and team!

I'm digging the Deliverance update. But even with the old version I ran gain 2 really high to make it a little more forgiving. If you want it more like the old version maybe back that guy off a lot and play with the master vol, seems pretty close IMO.

Side note: SLO (clean crunch and lead models) is my go-to. Love it as-is (with several deep edits), but also wonder if there's any similar plans to update it to the newer version too? Haven't played a recent SLO, only heard demos, but they seem pretty great... kinda like a... SLO.

...#teamslo

Hi, I just updated with the Fractal Bot from 24.03 to 24.04. After the update, output 1 no longer works properly. I only get a signal of 20% on output 1. Everything is way too quiet. The Output LED shows only one light when the Output 1 Level is fully turned up. With the other Ouput2 and 3 the problem is not. Does anyone have any advice? Can and should I go back to 24.03? But how? Or is the Output1 defective?

Hi, I just updated with the Fractal Bot from 24.03 to 24.04. After the update, output 1 no longer works properly. I only get a signal of 20% on output 1. Everything is way too quiet. The Output LED shows only one light when the Output 1 Level is fully turned up. With the other Ouput2 and 3 the problem is not. Does anyone have any advice? Can and should I go back to 24.03? But how? Or is the Output1 defective?
I just updated to 24.04 about an hour ago and everything works fine. Maybe try reloading 24.04.

Here is the link to 24.03 if you can't get .04 to work right away.

https://www.fractalaudio.com/downloads/firmware-presets/axe-fx-3/24p0/axefxiii_dsp_rel_24p03.zip

Check to see if Output 1 had been changed to -10dBu instead of +4dBu.

That‘s not the problem.
Is this on one preset? Have you switched to the layout page which shows the block levels? That will show if there’s a block causing this.

It’s working great for a cast of 1000s so it’s either your unit or the preset

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom