Is the Mk I now a little outdated?

If I was buying today, I’d get a mkII version

Not selling my mkI, not buying a mkII, but if I was starting from scratch, yes, I’d for sure pay a little extra for the II

my spin:
If I was buying today, I'd get a mkII Turbo version

Not selling my mkII, not buying a mkII Turbo, but if I was starting from scratch, yes, I'd for sure pay a little extra for the II Turbo

mki is fine for me. I really appreciate the team constantly improving the product but I wouldn't be using the fullres feature anyway for the same reason I have artists track BGVs in the dry vocal booth instead of the big room: I don't want a bunch of printed room reverb sounds stacking up on my layered guitars or BGV tracks. If I want a room sound or reverb sound on my layered guitars or BGVs, I will bus them to a reverb. For live with my IEMs running stereo with a small reverb and the enhancer block at the end get it done for me.
Ho Alex , i enjoy your presets 😉 . Can you vive tour settings fi
or thé enhancer block with I.E.M ?,?
thanks !!!!
Fafa

I have a set template I use for my presets with any effects that I will use already in it on my Mk1, I truly dont need more preset spaces as I generally live on one preset, I do have other rigs that I have created but I always kick back to my main one. That said if I was buying now, yes I would probably go for the Turbo Mk2 but its really overkill for what I would use it for.

MKI users did get FullRes IR functionality, just not the ability to save them on the device. A separate firmware would be more work for the development team and deprive end-users of the ability to at least use them.
I know. I meant to post that mk1 is outdated due to a single feature is absurd. One of the selling points to me was how good the reverb block is in the afx3. It is world class. To say that its no good now because an alternative was added is making me scratch my head.

If I was buying today, I’d get a mkII version

Not selling my mkI, not buying a mkII, but if I was starting from scratch, yes, I’d for sure pay a little extra for the II
If I was buying today, and they were available new, I’d get a Mk I. I don’t need the additional memory or faster CPU. I got the Mk II because that’s what was available and it met my goals, and if the Turbo had been available I wouldn’t have picked it because I don’t need the additional speed.

The Mk I is not obsolete at all. It might not meet some people’s needs, and if so, they should STFU if they’re complaining, buy a model that fits their needs and sell the other one, and move on. Did they jump on a forum to complain because their gas-fueled car was instantly obsolete because electric versions of the same car appeared?

Fractal is a company doing what seems right for them, a small company with tight margins in a small market of modeling companies, versus some who have big corporation backing. They don’t owe anything to us, yet FAS goes way out of their way to provide bug fixes and new features and improve the sound quality of their devices at a pace that no other competitor can equal, but that’s not good enough for some people who can’t get over how badly life has treated them because technology moved forward. Yes, technology does that, it’s going to continue doing that and as time passes it’s going to do it in larger leaps, so buckle up because with that attitude it’s going to be a really bumpy ride.

People keep whining that Fractal didn’t warn them that there’d be upgrades. Really?! Pay attention to the companies used by Fractal and watch their products and figure it takes six months to a year to trickle into place. It’s all in the news if you make a little attempt to find out.

The Mk I hasn’t broken. It’s capable of better sound than when it was new. FAS has already made it possible to run the latest IRs on it and continues to try to make it even more powerful, and has provided upgrade paths if it’s not doing the job for you. Upgrade or find your peace with the future.

Not outdated / saved fullrez as stated in release notes. Its all been discussed ad nausium in a gazillion posts in multiple other threads over the last week or 2 - I suggest reading through that.

Outdated!! What is the about? An old OS that becomes incompatible or a freaking tone machine that stands the test of time!! I still know guys using the ultra and sounds great if used correctly.

F..k me...do u guys hear yourself?...It's not about the Axe FX or real amp or whatever gear..those are just tools to express your creativity and have fun..and honestly...even ultra or Axe2 has moooooooore then you need for a guitar player. You think that your creativity will diminish 'cuz u don't have some extra memory or amps or gazillions of IRs. Gear is not for a dick measuring contest. Yeah...if you afford then from time to time yes... it's nice to upgrade...but honestly...with what axe3 has now, I can still use it for another 20y..that if some hardware won't fail of course.
So stop making stupid treads with stuff like this. Play more and have fun...that's what's all about.
Hmmm, sorry this isn't true. I can get presets to sound way better on the III. There is no need to upgrade unless you can't live without full res IR's live.

Back
Top Bottom