Axe-Fx III 16.00 Beta 12 "Cygnus" Firmware - Public Release Candidate

Status
Not open for further replies.
Done

Go to page 20 and listen to my video comparaison. Same riff, same guitar, same levels... I’m not saying it sounds bad but I just don’t like the feel of it as much as I did before
Yeah, I was just being sarcastic with regard to the 95% of people that didn't do what you did; I found that video useful.

Yeah, I was just being sarcastic with regard to the 95% of people that didn't do what you did; I found that video useful.
Thanks. Didn’t used a reamped track as I wanted to hear the « different feel » too.

@FractalAudio, keep in mind I’m not saying 2018 Friedman sounds bad. I tried seriously every beta. I didn’t like the Friedman sounds in the first Cygnus public beta at all, but I loved the beta 11 ones. This is my main amp model when I play live so I’m used to know what I want to achieve with this kind of sound. I’m pretty sure I can tweak (neutral boost in preamp section, or simply use the Hbe version) the new one but please, don’t erase the 2020 in the public release. As you see, lots of comments saying they loved it 😍!

50 shades of Brown Eye... Smells sounds correct :laughing:

I'm fine with the current selection tbh. If Cliff adds every iteration of the modeled amp, at some point, someone will ask for the Axe-Fx Ultra's Marsha ;)
...and it always is like one simple tweak to make it sound like previous version.

Ok, maybe 2 tweaks :D

for example, if someone wants the sound of friedman from previous beta, they can go to input EQ and lower it from current value to something like 50hz and it should be very similar. maybe tweak a negative feedback a bit and it´s done...

Edit : I feel like those little tweaks are no problem, I always tweak with my ears, never with eyes, so that´s not a problem for me at all.
I would rather have bug-free version of FW, than care about those little nuances, which CAN be changed anytime.

There is

I leveled the two sounds. There’s almost 3db less on the 12. It sounds less « heavy » to me. Sounds ok for you?

I listened again to these sounds with good earphones and with other devices (phone, car, studio monitors). Beta 12 Friedman Be is much more agressive while being less « huge ». Also less « umph » thing in the low end with palm mutes. Last one made my chest vibrate, here nothing happens. Pick attack is very different, more precise but harsh too.

Well, this discussion is pretty weird.
Like. You say that something sounds wrong to you but without any relative or an actual amp to compare with to say that some amp sound WRONG.

Some amps behave in a certain way, and some amps are totally different. Maybe Cliff modeled it spot on to his reference amp, and you simply liked the un authentic one? So.. switch a model! Play other amps!

Like. You say that something sounds wrong to you but without any relative or an actual amp to compare with to say that some amp sound WRONG.

Some amps behave in a certain way, and some amps are totally different. Maybe Cliff modeled it spot on to his reference amp, and you simply liked the un authentic one? So.. switch a model! Play other amps!
I played with the real Be100 Dlx (same as beta 11) last Saturday. This was the exact same sound. Maybe beta 12 sounds ok for be100 2018 owners but this is not the sound I’m used to. As you certainly missed, I didn’t say it sounds bad. I just don’t get it now because I was in love with beta 11 Friedman sounds and I can assure you Cliff nailed the Be100 dlx 2020’s sound!
So yes, I know what I’m talking about bro 😎
No complain here, just here to talk about my impressions with betas.. isn’t it what public releases are made for?

exactly my thoughts.

When I first started using my ax8, I played friedman models, as this was the sound I knew by playing real amps.

But very soon, I have found Cameron CCV + Atomica High, which I prefer by far compared to friedmans.

In the end, I sold all real friedmans, as those fractal modes with Fryette PS-2 and friedman 4x12 cab IMHO burried real friedmans (be50dlx/be100dlx/JJ100).

I think guys you missed the point. Let me explain shortly: I’ve been playing with my axe3 since it’s been released in Europe. Always played with Friedman in real life and now in digital world. That’s my sound. I always liked it in the axe but since Cygnus it has sometimes made me feel weird because that was not the sound I was used too. I gigged with Ares using these sounds and enjoyed it!
I didn’t like the first public beta but loved the 11. When I tried the beta 12, I found my Be sounds weak and thin besides my beloved beta 11 sounds. But Cliff explained he came back to 2018 models instead of 2020 deluxe model. It’s just a matter of taste. Unfortunately, as Cliff also said, there is actually nothing to do unless going back to beta 11 to get the 2020 sound.
I never said it sounded bad, but different. Just hope they’ll implement my beloved 2020 sounds in the public release... I don’t get why every Friedman had to be reset one beta before release... but that’s life. The aim of beta testing is to try, tell what you like/dislike and make compromises no?

Correct its a modded plexi 100
w additional gain stage and KT88

The 100 watt plexi head features an extra gain stage, frequency adjust control, effects loop & master volume. The head has been well maintained in Los Angeles and features matching Drake transformers, KT88 quad-matched power tubes & hand-selected pre-amp tubes to Steve’s liking.”
True, but I could get it pretty close with the Cali Leggi.

I just went back to beta 11 and back to beta 12.

TBH, I have no problems whatsoever to make beta 12 friedmans to sound like in beta 11, I did 2 tweaks and got there IMO.

Dunno what the fuss is about, maybe just an user error...

I much prefer friedmans now, regardless of accuracy to the real amp (still think it is much more accurate now).

I loaded my ax8 as well, and can make friedman models roar and scream, even if they are not my favourites, after discovering new amp models in axe.

But I can understand there´s always will be someone, who will have different taste.

In this case, just tweak to your liking or go to previous fw, peace :blush:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom