Axe-Change

Just center click and it will open your choice in a new tab. Download and then go back to the initial tab exactly where you left it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I547 using Tapatalk 4
What does center click refer to? I only know right or left click?

Click the scroll wheel on the mouse. On most mice pressing the scroll wheel defaults to opening link in a new tab

Download the preset to your computer. Then use the Import button in Axe-Edit.
Help needed... I' m triyng to import a preset I downloaded from axe change. Import button is not operative and when I drag the file to the space of the preset's name a window reports that the file owns to axe FX II xl and is unnable to import it. Note that I installed the lastest versión of axe edit. I have an axe FX II and is not conected to the laptop.. What I'm doing wrong? Is it necessary to be conected ?

Thanks in advance

Help needed... I' m triyng to import a preset I downloaded from axe change. Import button is not operative and when I drag the file to the space of the preset's name a window reports that the file owns to axe FX II xl and is unnable to import it. Note that I installed the lastest versión of axe edit. I have an axe FX II and is not conected to the laptop.. What I'm doing wrong? Is it necessary to be conected ?

Thanks in advance
Presets aren't downwards compatible. If the preset was created on an XL+ or an XL and you have a MkI or a MkII unit you can't use it in your unit. Also: you have to have your Axe-Fx II connected to your laptop in order to look at presets in Axe-Edit. It doesn't have an "offline" mode.

I knew that I cannot use a preset made with THE XL in my mark II but is it not possible to open it in axe edit only for a view?

Can a new "Setup" be added for WDW rigs?

Where L/R wet output is typically driven to "OUTPUT 1 L/R" and dry output is driven to "FX SEND" via fx loop block.

Newbie here, so apologies if this has already been requested, or would not make sense for some reason.

Can a new "Setup" be added for WDW rigs?

Where L/R wet output is typically driven to "OUTPUT 1 L/R" and dry output is driven to "FX SEND" via fx loop block.

Newbie here, so apologies if this has already been requested, or would not make sense for some reason.
You can do that now.

Definite newbie to all things Fractal, including the Axe-Change! I've been through pretty much all the factory presets, and found relatively few I would actually use as-is. So that means lots of tweaking and finding sources of new presets(patches). Also unfamiliar with the Fractal Community and preset sharing. Are most/all of the shared presets free downloads, or are there also sites that sell them? Example: Can anyone tell me where I could find a preset that nails the splashy vintage surf reverb like the '63 Fender Tube Reverb unit? I'm sure there will be many more, but when playing around with tweaking the parameters for the 3 available spring reverbs (Small/Medium/Large), I couldn't get anything even close. Admittedly, the available parameters for the Spring Reverb were pretty much Greek to me (there are no "Dwell/Tone/Mix" knobs). :) .

Use the search function on Axe-Change and see what you can find. Everything there is free.

Fractal's spring reverb is an accurate emulation of a real spring reverb. There are tons of options for tone. Even a Mix knob. :)

^^^ Glad you like it! I forgot about that one... I've done a poor job of keeping my stuff organized and basically just started over yesterday with a blank slate, and will try to resurrect ideas from that into my current setup. One thing I do differently now is make the volume pedal -12db to 0db to give more flexibility without reaching down to grab knobs (because we play small venues and each person controls their own volume so far). Somewhere I have an audio recording I made of jamming out with the flute synth alongside Marshall Tucker.

Edit: At the time I uploaded it to soundcloud (a sample playing along with MTB, and another solo to hear the tone and minor glitches more clearly):

Last edited:
BUG: CAN anyone get axechange to STAY on the latest page number without reverting back to page one? eg. I may download something from page 4, then Im reverted back to page 1 losing my place.

OR, if I select show 'all' for pages, this also doesnt stay (its like a momentary switch rather than a toggle, to put in guitar terms :)

BUG: CAN anyone get axechange to STAY on the latest page number without reverting back to page one? eg. I may download something from page 4, then Im reverted back to page 1 losing my place.

OR, if I select show 'all' for pages, this also doesnt stay (its like a momentary switch rather than a toggle, to put in guitar terms :)
I think it's always been like that. A bit frustrating.

If I pull up a preset someone uploaded, say Quantum 6 or 7 and I make some tweaks and think it's an improvement and bring it up to Q8 or Q9, is it cool to upload that version?

Newbie here and I’ve been feverishly reading manuals and the forums. I just started poking around the Exchange. To me, it doesn’t appear that there are a ton of preset available on there. Am I seeing/searching correctly or am I missing something?

I also bought my complete XL+ rig with MFC and ev pedals in December. Definitely a little disappointed to not have had some visibility to the III, but in reality I’m just hoping they continue to offer FW updates so I can experience the great customer experience I read so much about. Even this early in, I’m very confident this little box has the goods and will be delivering exactly what I need from it.

Back
Top Bottom