Axe-Fx II Firmware V11.02 and New Preset Banks

From the release notes:
Fixed Amp block Triode Hardness not loading the proper value for model
Do we have to reload the amp block or will it automatically load the proper value?
I just finished the amp presets list for FW 11.00 and would like to update it.
And add the new amp model.
Thanks for the hard work.

Thank you! That was darn fast.

I have to play two rehearses and two gigs this week....I'm so happy that the eq is already fixed.

Thanks Cliff for your continued efforts to make us all happy. I have never experienced such good customer service as this with any product!!!

Can't wait til Wednesdays practice :)

thanks again for your dynamic and services Cliff and FAS team. As I always say, love the never-ending improvement around this great product !

11.01 Release Notes

Fixed incorrect graphic EQ frequencies in Amp block when set to 8-band.
Fixed Looper block not reporting Bypass Mode to Axe-Edit.
Fixed Amp block Triode Hardness not loading proper value for model but defaulting to 5.00.
Fixed Noisegate Threshold not being loaded if a Global Block. Fixed incorrect input gain in USA IIC+ models.
Fixed presets with a large number of blocks can cause unit to crash when Axe- Edit queries states (MIDI buffer overrun).
Removed resync delay when doing a scene change so that MFC will register states immediately.
Changed Auto-Engage behavior so that effects engage when a controller changes more than 5% in any 20 ms interval. Effects disengage when the controller is above or below the OFF VAL, as before. This is similar to previous behavior but resolves issues with slow MIDI controllers that did not send data fast enough to trip the movement detector.
Exposed “MV Cap” parameter in Amp block. This parameter sets the value of the bright cap across the Master Volume pot and is located in the Advanced menu.
Added “1987X Jump” amp model which is a “jumpered” version.

I must say, once the pre-amp comp is set to the suggested settings the Marshalls and Mesas are sounding utterly amazing !

especially through poweramp / guitar speaker

Reactions: MNG
I am not sure, but I found (real or placebo ??...) that the plexi treble, 1987X, Brit800 stock presets in 11.01 (with FW 11.01) are a bit less loud/full than the same stock presets in 11 (FW 11)...
Your point of view / feeling? did i miss something ? or I'm just wrong... and need to try these back to conclude they are as great as expected.

I am not sure, but I found (real or placebo ??...) that the plexi treble, 1987X, Brit800 stock presets in 11.01 (with FW 11.01) are a bit less than the same stock presets in 11 (FW 11)...
Your point of view / feeling? did i miss something ? or I'm just wrong... and need to try these back to conclude they are as great as expected.

If the triode hardness parameter in the advanced tab in the amp block is set to something around 8-9, lower it to 5 and check the release notes to fw 11.01 for an explanation.

hmmm ok thanks a lot jeppekristoffer,
i will check that in the afternoon when back at home.

If the triode hardness parameter in the advanced tab in the amp block is set to something around 8-9, lower it to 5 and check the release notes to fw 11.01 for an explanation.

i just check and the value for Plexi Treble and it was at 9... lower it to 5 and the tone aws more... agressive, full, less flubby... so seems to be better.
But just to be clear, i'm not sure to perfectly understand the release note sentence "Fixed Amp block Triode Hardness not loading proper value for model but
defaulting to 5.00". Does that mean the Triode hardness must be set at 5 for a correct value ?

i just check and the value for Plexi Treble and it was at 9... lower it to 5 and the tone aws more... agressive, full, less flubby... so seems to be better.
But just to be clear, i'm not sure to perfectly understand the release note sentence "Fixed Amp block Triode Hardness not loading proper value for model but
defaulting to 5.00". Does that mean the Triode hardness must be set at 5 for a correct value ?
No it means it was initialized with incorrect value before 11.01.

Back
Top Bottom