Fremen presets - V 10.02

awesome thanks! I always look to your patches for ideas and 'solutions" when I'm trying to nail a sound and it's eluding me.

Merci Thibault ! Je me plonge juste dans l'Axe fx et pour un novice, l'étude de tes présets va être une véritable mine d'infos (après une longue digestion : je suis un peu long à comprendre ;-). Une question sur ton MFC (peut-être bête ?) : en utilisant une taille de BQ de 10, du coup tu n'as plus d'IA dispo sur ces mêmes switches 1 à 10 ?Tu gères les changements d'effets uniquement par les scènes donc, ou tu as ajouté des switches externes (en + des pédales d'exp.) ?

If I don't have a mfc or any expression pedals will a lot of these be tricky to test out? Do I simply delete a block or two and just click the scenes tab to try them out? I'm still an Axe Fx noob haha. Thanks!

If I don't have a mfc or any expression pedals will a lot of these be tricky to test out? Do I simply delete a block or two and just click the scenes tab to try them out? I'm still an Axe Fx noob haha. Thanks!

You can bypass the blocks that use the expression pedal.

But I will say that playing with these presets today has caused me to want an expression pedal badly. Looking at the Mission Engineering ones but a little confused - they have two outputs ? Don't I just need one to connect to the back of my Axe FX ?

Looking at the Mission Engineering ones but a little confused - they have two outputs ? Don't I just need one to connect to the back of my Axe FX ?

The Mission Engineering ep1 has a single output to the MFC. While the sp1 has two outputs to the MFC that will allow the control of 2 seperate paramaters. (one at a time after depressing the switch.) I ordered an sp1 yesterday. I'm not with the AF2 to see if you can connect direct to the AF2. If you can, you will need some long TRS cables.

Check out Chris' videos: http://blog.katsukurimedia.com/2012...-and-mfc-101-how-totutorial-3-different-uses/

I am also pretty much limited (for now at least) as I only own an Axe and one expression pedal.
I would recommend loading the presets in axe edit and manually edit or disable the controllers.

Stellar sounding presets.
Wow, thanks Cliff !

Consécration ! :)

:D

Merci Thibault ! Je me plonge juste dans l'Axe fx et pour un novice, l'étude de tes présets va être une véritable mine d'infos (après une longue digestion : je suis un peu long à comprendre ;-). Une question sur ton MFC (peut-être bête ?) : en utilisant une taille de BQ de 10, du coup tu n'as plus d'IA dispo sur ces mêmes switches 1 à 10 ?Tu gères les changements d'effets uniquement par les scènes donc, ou tu as ajouté des switches externes (en + des pédales d'exp.) ?

Il y a la fonction "Reveal" pour ça, les switches 1 à 10 sont tous assignés à un effet spécifique. Mais c'est juste au cas où, je n'utilise quasiment jamais cette fonction en fait, effectivement je n'utilise que les scenes et les pédales d'expression pour les variations au sein d'un preset. Tu peux néanmoins voir comment sont assignés les 10 switches dans la vidéo explicative du preset "Fix you", j'y filme mon pédalier

Last edited:
I would recommend loading the presets in axe edit and manually edit or disable the controllers.
Yes I would do that to ; change pedal 2 to pedal 1 etc and test what you want to keep. Assigning everything to pedal 1 won't sound good, so you'll need to chose what kind of effects you want first (gain control, wha, morphing etc)

Am I correct that if I want to audition these presets one by that I cannot use Fractal Bot because they're entire banks and not individual presets, and there fore have to use Axe-Edit? Thanks.

Back
Top Bottom