whats going to be in 6.03?

One of the things I've noticed in each successive release is that "feel" and real amp like qualities improve each time. I have no idea if more magic can be done, as it's really very very close now, but perhaps there is. I know that the development team, and Cliff in particular, really strive for that. The live feel of the product improves every time.. now it is pretty much like dialing in a real tube amp.. Way way way cool..

New amps are cool, axe-edit being more stable would be cool of course, but the feel thing for me is what makes the Axe a wonderful tool in a working environment.

Now that I've thought about it .. a Fender Super Reverb model would REALLY rock. :)

Last edited:
The room stuff in the cab block is going away and will be part of the reverb block. The reverb block now has two distinct parts: early and late. The early part allows you to choose different shapes and craft highly realistic (or very artificial, if desired) early reflections. The late reverb has been improved with three bands of decay.

Q - if you had a preset that uses a tight room on the cab [for rhythm / riffing], but also use a bigger reverb [to kick in for soloing with within the same preset]
would that mean you have to use two reverb blocks in 7.0?

if two reverb blocks is the case:
Q - would you expect the CPU to be better with 'room in the cab' and one reverb block, or 'room-less cab' and two reverb blocks?

just curious really, cos some of us guys that create multi-purpose presets sail a little close to the CPU limits on occasion
and we'll have to consider this when 7.0 shows up

since I got my Axe II, I can't NOT turn up the volume! It sounds so good loud! My neighbors would disagree...
Can't wait to use it in a loud, live setting.

Will there ever be more Ampegs?
In terms of use, they appear on a zillion more recordings than all these high gain amps put together.

Reactions: jon
For the low gain amps. You know you cab turn down both drive, master and the guitarvolum. You can get lots of good tones from higain amps...... In the low gain area. But of course. Don't think like an vintage man. Outside the box. You're already away from tubes!!!!!! Push your psycs limits boys'n girls

Any chance for the Rockman Cliff? I know you hate it but it is an iconic tone nonetheless and for those of us dialing in tons of 80's tones it's a must.

Zen drive? Barber direct drive would be nice too. Can't wait let the guessing begin lol.

a zen drive would be amazing as would another marshall-style, higher gain drive (direct drive, crunch box, etc...)

For the low gain amps. You know you cab turn down both drive, master and the guitarvolum. You can get lots of good tones from higain amps...... In the low gain area. But of course. Don't think like an vintage man. Outside the box. You're already away from tubes!!!!!! Push your psycs limits boys'n girls

"Lots of good tones", yes, but like a true low gain amp? No. Play through some real, vintage low gain amps, read the schematics to see what they're actually doing, & then you may want to re-access how you feel.
I'd be extremely surprised if you felt that turning down a high gain amp's parameters (including the guitar's volume) came even close. Hence the continued favouring of "low gain" amps to this day by many great players. NOT of the widlly widdly variety, of course.

Any chance for the Rockman Cliff? I know you hate it but it is an iconic tone nonetheless and for those of us dialing in tons of 80's tones it's a must.
I know I sound like a broken (80's) record and eventhough I don't like voicing my wishes in a thread like this, a big +1 to that (especially the cleans)

Q - if you had a preset that uses a tight room on the cab [for rhythm / riffing], but also use a bigger reverb [to kick in for soloing with within the same preset]
would that mean you have to use two reverb blocks in 7.0?

if two reverb blocks is the case:
Q - would you expect the CPU to be better with 'room in the cab' and one reverb block, or 'room-less cab' and two reverb blocks?

just curious really, cos some of us guys that create multi-purpose presets sail a little close to the CPU limits on occasion
and we'll have to consider this when 7.0 shows up

Isn't all this handled by the X/Y parameters? In the reverb block wouldn't you have the short reverb as X and the long reverb as Y?

Back
Top Bottom