Axe-Fx II Firmware Version 5.07 Available

The 4x12 Metal was Jocke's, (clawfinger). I think he was a bit miffed it was put in the Axe-II without permission or credit, even though that was an error on FAS part. Maybe he'll chime in here? Back in the Gen1 day he shared a whole bunch of great IRs with the forum so maybe he'd still be willing? :)

This update is strongly recommended as it fixes issues with backup and sync with Axe-Edit. New Axe-Edit will be available soon.
I'd been having trouble the last few days syncing banks from the AFX into Axe-Edit... it would only do about 10-12 and then lock up. Hopefully this will have fixed it.

As always, thanks to the FAS team!

Yeah it borked my user cabs too I get a box similar to this, but empty █ for a name. Luckily I did a sync and back up prior and only have a few user cabs so no big loss or anything for me.

Loaded v5.07 and there was no sound from my main preset. Looked at all the blocks, and many amp controls were set the the negative extreme (e.g. Drive/Bass/Mid/Treb/Presence/Depth/Master Vol/Level/all EQ controls... set to lowest possible setting). I went through every single control on the amp using the AxeFx front panel and set it to the desired values. Now I have sound.

Not to be a complainer, but the preset is way too loud now. It clips even with the amp block bypassed. Oh look Mr. Bill, all the user cabs are corrupted! Oh Nooooooo!!!

It appears that in presets using a global amp block, the amp settings were messed up in the process of updating from 5.04b to 5.07. Last update it was global cab2 blocks that took a hit, and the one before that it was the user cabs again. I believe I will start unlinking all global blocks first thing. This is not helping me to overcome my obsession with backing things up all the time. In fact, Mr. Bill, I think we need to back you up right now. Watch out for the garbage disposal Mr. Bill. Oh Nooooo!!!

This update addresses global blocks specifically (System bank). There have been changes made to firmware and upcoming Axe-Edit in order to support the global stuff. The things you're experiencing are probably a transition issue (messed up global amp/cabs happened to me too when updating to inbetween fw updates) and hopefully a thing of the past after correction. I haven't had any problems with global amps/cabs since. For editing with Axe-Edit, wait for the updated version, it'll be online soon.

I performed a preset bank and system backup before updating to 5.07 but after the installation all of my Global blocks are gone and restoring the system settings and banks doesn't replace them.

Is this the expected behavior?

I would have held off on the update if there was any warning that my global settings would be unrecoverable (assuming that's the case)...

I would have held off on the update if there was any warning that my global settings would be unrecoverable (assuming that's the case)...
Worst case I figure you can revert to the previous firmware and recover your global settings from the backup. I ended up opening them up in AxeEdit in bank mode (not connected to the AxeFx), and restoring the stuff I needed right now manually.

Reactions: yek
I performed a preset bank and system backup before updating to 5.07 but after the installation all of my Global blocks are gone and restoring the system settings and banks doesn't replace them.

Is this the expected behavior?

All global blocks or Amp and/or Cabs?

Is this processed the same as the factory cab, meaning it has been through Cliff's min phase doodad?
I absolutely don't know... i think removing this IR from stock cabs without giving users an easy way to keep their sounds intact is a shame !

Worst case I figure you can revert to the previous firmware and recover your global settings from the backup. I ended up opening them up in AxeEdit in bank mode (not connected to the AxeFx), and restoring the stuff I needed right now manually.

How are you manually restoring your settings?

I opened up my backed up preset bank in Axe Edit, everything looks right, but I'm unable to send those settings to the Axe... Nothing seems to overwrite the errand settings that the Firmware installed.

Basically anything with a global block setting is heavily messed up.

Last edited:
Hmm, haven't seen that before. Looks like corrupt presets, can't tell.

Try "clearing" a preset on the Axe with Axe-manage.

Hmm, haven't seen that before. Looks like corrupt presets, can't tell.

Try "clearing" a preset on the Axe with Axe-manage.

I decided to revert to 5.04b first and make certain that all of my patches can be restored properly first, since that's where they were built.

If that works then the presets are not corrupted assumably.

Then, I'll upgrade to 5.07 again and try clearing a patch as you suggest if the same issue with the global settings appears again.

Back
Top Bottom