Axe-Fx II Firmware Version 5.07 Available

We'll I tried to revert to 5.04b using Snoize and the Firmware didn't take... I'm still at 5.07 (after a reboot).

I tried blanking a preset with Axe Edit and sending it to the Axe Fx but nothing happens... Axe Edit says it sends the preset okay but the Axe Fx never changes.

Very strange and unfortunate stuff...

Is there anything special I need to do to revert the firmware?

I've never had to do so before and I'm not sure why it did't work...

The 4x12 Metal was Jocke's, (clawfinger). I think he was a bit miffed it was put in the Axe-II without permission or credit, even though that was an error on FAS part. Maybe he'll chime in here? Back in the Gen1 day he shared a whole bunch of great IRs with the forum so maybe he'd still be willing? :)

Permission was given for sure, but the credit was none until I pointed it out. That was of course BII (before II), so I got a surprise when the IR was in the AxeFX2 but without credit (again). I do have better things to do than chasing Mr. Chase (*giggle*) every time there's a new revision of the user manual or a new AxeFX, so I saved us both some time and asked it to be removed. Simple as that. People solve it anyway so all is good.

I've been having very erratic results when trying to use the X/Y function in version 5.04b. For instance I will try to Save X to Y but when I toggle between them the Y patch changes wildly (new cabs, different amp settings, etc.). I tried powering down and powering back up but still the same problem. Anyone know if this update fixes those issues? Incidentally, I couldn't find anywhere else on the Forum where others had similar issues.

I want to update but I don't want to lose the 4X12 metal cab, is their anyway to export it as a syx file?

4x12 Metal Cab from the Ultra was a ENGL 4x12 - The Ir was originally called : Engl_XXL_MT103_01_v6 created and shared by Clawfinger (Jocke) for the Ultra/Standard

EDITED:

Engl_XXL_MT103_01_v6.syx - File Shared from Box - Free Online File Storage <original for Ultra Standard

Converted for the Axe II by Axe O matic

http://www.box.com/s/cnxl56aexe57l80xoah5

Last edited:
Yeah it borked my user cabs too I get a box similar to this, but empty █ for a name. Luckily I did a sync and back up prior and only have a few user cabs so no big loss or anything for me.
NOT borked, only the display name is corrupted, not the underlying IR. Go into AxeManage | Axe-EDIT | CABS and resend the cabs to the Axe... should fix the issue.

Has the dual delay being effected with new FW been addressed? The 2nd delay went from 375 to 2,2275 or something crazy on all my pre sets.....

Has the dual delay being effected with new FW been addressed? The 2nd delay went from 375 to 2,2275 or something crazy on all my pre sets.....
second Delay goes from 1-8000, same as Delay one. there's currently a tiny little bug in the editor regarding this though.

Anyone having freezing issues with 5.07?

I updated this morning before work, and when I came home I played. About an hour in i lost all sound from the AFX2 - no input signals from the guitar. I tried changing cables etc but nothing, so I went to change patches - no reaction. Tried all front panel buttons - nothing. turned the unit off, then on (after few seconds) no change. turned off again, waited a couple of minutes and turned on - alls well.

Another 20 mins same thing. turned off, rebooted and it didnt get past the AFX2 splash screen. no LED cycle and no response to buttons. Rebooted gain (another 2 minute wait) and alls well.

I reverted to 5.04b an hour ago - no issues since (though its early days).

Hmm, haven't seen that before. Looks like corrupt presets, can't tell.

Try "clearing" a preset on the Axe with Axe-manage.

I searched the Bugs forum and apparently there are others having the same issues I am...

All of my global block amps have changed to 59 Bassguy with the levels all the way off. I'm totally unable to restore these presets by sending by backed up banks, presets and system settings to the Axe Fx.

Here is one user who's issues are identical to what I'm seeing:

Same issue here!
AXE-FX and Edit are both up to date.
Audtioned Yek's preset collection this afternoon and made 2 new presets out of these with Axe-Edit.
Then I swapped some presets with Axe-Manage and stored them. Everything worked fine and so I played a while with various presets (changed by foot with the MFC).
After a while I turned everything off for a couple hours. About 10 min ago I powered it up again and now I have the same issue like "swissguitar" explained above. All amps are changed to 59 Bassman with all flat settings. Almost every effect in a chain which is linked to a global effect is turned on and has flat settings. Specific effects seems to be okay. User cabs are lost. So basically everthing is destroyed. All the hours of tweaken are lost. I made a backup before I started to tweak this afternoon. So, I sent this backup to the unit including system backup but it's still everything destroyed. Does anyone know how to fix this problem and why this did happen? .. I'm really frustrated at the moment.

http://forum.fractalaudio.com/axe-fx-ii-bugs/47967-presets-corrupt.html

Thing is, this happened to him on 5.04b and it's only happened to me on 5.07...

Last edited:
I posted this in the Bugs thread but will post again here since it may help someone else:

****I was finally able to get one of my previously saved presets to write to the Axe Fx using Axe edit.

I had to unlink the Global Block within the preset and then I was able to successfully send it to the Axe and overwrite the corrupt version (with 59 Bassguy).

So basically it appears that all of my global block settings were destroyed by the firmware update and that restoring the system settings will not replace them.

I'd advise anyone with global block settings to unlink them before backing up so that they can be reloaded after the update. It appears you would have to recreate the Global Blocks manually after that.****

Question for this thread:

Is there a way to unlink all of my patches within a bank in one shot before sending them up to the Axe? I'm looking around for a handy checkbox like this...

Back
Top Bottom