What is the meaning of your user name here?

Ever since I first saw your name here I was like, "Who does this guy think he is?!?! Coming to the FAS forum with a name like THAT!!!" Funny that it doesn't even mean that. You have been redeemed in my eyes vAmp.

I was thinking "oh my, that's got to be irony". I've tried a vAmp by behringer ONE time, and when that blue piece of sh... hit my ears my spine went into a crazy rattlingsnakespasm. No offence, it may be awesome to everyone but me :mrgreen

An abbreviated version of my name smushed together with my favorite genre and the year I was born. Plus it sounds like its saying meh in between as I have referred myself as Sammeh before. Though I must add, ever since I played the Budda amp sim, I may eventually switch to samsomewhatdistorted or samcleanrock or something similar as aleclee once pointed out to me once. :lol
It's a really good amp sim.

Reactions: jon
An abbreviated version of my name smushed together with my favorite genre and the year I was born. Plus it sounds like its saying meh in between as I have referred myself as Sammeh before. Though I must add, ever since I played the Budda amp sim, I may eventually switch to samsomewhatdistorted or samcleanrock or something similar as aleclee once pointed out to me once. :lol
It's a really good amp sim.

That's the wierdest thing, for some reason I've always thought it was "sammental91" since I joined the forum. I just realised it now as you wrote it.
Wierd... Yeah, just wierd.

Due to involvement in the music industry, I simply used my real first and middle names combined (Nikki K), or just my first name. No alias to be accused of hiding behind, and when I frequented several forums, it provided a constant. And yes, my full middle name is the letter "K" (with no period, as a judge argued with me about when discussing using a period when indicating it as abbreviated).

Mine was the first name that came into my head when I joined jemsite yeeeears ago and was because I was watching Australian soap 'Neighbours' at the time (I know, I know...) and the character nicknamed 'Toadfish' happened to be on screen at the time.

Ah, the good old days of watching Neighbours and Going for Gold as an excuse not to revise for my finals!

My name is Tomas Gunnarsson. My nickname is Tommi or Tommi Gunn (short for my last name; I didn't find out until years later about the weapon). So, tgunn is just an even shorter version of my name :). Btw, English is not my first language in case that wasn't already obvious. :)

Reactions: jon
Btw, English is not my first language in case that wasn't already obvious. :)

not mine either but who's counting? Wait, that's not how that goes..
My english is puke but I don't care, i write a gazillion words per post. Hopefully some single soul understands my hypothetical metaphoric fogcoated point w/double meaning, some how, my way or the highway one way or the other, and another one bites the dust, ehhh.... yeah. That's about it.

I like coffee. 'nuff said.
4922698313_f56861b661_z.jpg
MochaJava.1.gif
java-coffee-cup.gif.gif

OK, if you insist!

20 years ago I lived in a city, just an ordinary guy but I had a fairly decent job related to the music industry, I had a car and could bluff the guitar reasonably well. I met this girl who kept horses and she said "lets move out to the country" so I agreed. I bought a house and moved way out to the stixs to a village called Brinsley. Brinsley is a tough old ex mining town in Nottinghamshire, UK but it's a lovely rural spot and cheap living. Unfortunately The locals don't like strangers and the men are real men and like to keep their ladies in check, if you know what I mean. Anyway, the relation doesn't work out so there I was a single guy, decent job, nice house, transport, gigging musician and the centre of attention for the first time in my life! I start to get attention from the ladies, I'm nothing special to look at but as most of the guys in Brinsley are a bit short on life options they ain't exactly happy about this.

One night I'm in the pub, just being friendly with a few of the girls and I need to take a leak. The next thing I know two guys have got me against wall outside, one gets right in my face just before I get the kicking and says "who the f*uk do you think you are? The Prince Of fuc%$ng Brinsley!" LOL!

POB stuck and It makes me smile thinking back about it. I moved away soon after that but I did end up marrying one of the local girls!

Cool story POB! It's funny how it goes "now who's against the wall! I married one of your locals, big mouths!"
Prince of Brinsley fits you now 8)

OK, if you insist!

20 years ago I lived in a city, just an ordinary guy but I had a fairly decent job related to the music industry, I had a car and could bluff the guitar reasonably well. I met this girl who kept horses and she said "lets move out to the country" so I agreed. I bought a house and moved way out to the stixs to a village called Brinsley. Brinsley is a tough old ex mining town in Nottinghamshire, UK but it's a lovely rural spot and cheap living. Unfortunately The locals don't like strangers and the men are real men and like to keep their ladies in check, if you know what I mean. Anyway, the relation doesn't work out so there I was a single guy, decent job, nice house, transport, gigging musician and the centre of attention for the first time in my life! I start to get attention from the ladies, I'm nothing special to look at but as most of the guys in Brinsley are a bit short on life options they ain't exactly happy about this.

One night I'm in the pub, just being friendly with a few of the girls and I need to take a leak. The next thing I know two guys have got me against wall outside, one gets right in my face just before I get the kicking and says "who the f*uk do you think you are? The Prince Of fuc%$ng Brinsley!" LOL!

POB stuck and It makes me smile thinking back about it. I moved away soon after that but I did end up marrying one of the local girls!

I hereby award you the honor of having the most epic story behind your name.

I'm a high gain djent djent meedley meedely meedely type player...

Sent from my iPod.

My name is Tomas Gunnarsson. My nickname is Tommi or Tommi Gunn (short for my last name; I didn't find out until years later about the weapon). So, tgunn is just an even shorter version of my name :). Btw, English is not my first language in case that wasn't already obvious. :)

Your English is just fine. You've got an awesome name too!!!

Sent from my iPod.

I hereby award you the honor of having the most epic story behind your name.

Sent from my iPod.

Thank you, thank you, thank you! (takes a bow and leaves quietly by the fire exit)

Back
Top Bottom