What is the meaning of your user name here?

shotgunn

Fractal Fanatic
I'll go first. (duh!!!) Years ago my friend and I were writing a piece of music and I kept coming up with some killer riffs. He said, "Man, having you in the band is like going into battle with a frickin' shotgun. Everything you come up with just blows people away."

My real name is Michael Dunn. Two nn's in my last name so I've always spelled it 'shotgunn'. I spell with all lowercase just because it looks better to me. I even started a company and called it 'shotgunnmods, LLC'.

I'm a high gain djent djent meedley meedely meedely type player...

Sent from my iPod.

I prob have the lamest - it's an abbreviation of my real name :lol:
Short for Jonathan, but people always get it spelled wrong (I really don't know how :eek:) so I kept it as Jon.

People still get THAT wrong too :/ le sigh.

Real name is Urban and my passport says Swedish but living in China and Hong Kong since years. My online nick name is from a friend that noticed that I once had cut off 2cm of the head of my guitar neck (was my own build and looked crappier than EVH first own built stuff). He asked why and I replied that otherwise it wouldnt fit in my gigbag... result.. Mr Guitarabuse

John N...pretty lame my self. I was half a sleep when I registered. I had finished working a double shift @ my job. When I got home in the am I had came to the fractal site, sent my email for the waiting list and created this account would like to change the user name if possible but doesn't really matter. I like the vibe in this forum and everyone seems pretty cool here......:ugeek

Reactions: jon
Soma is of course, a song by the Smashing Pumpkins. I really didn't get into guitar in a big way until the 90's and Siamese Dream was an album that particularly blew me away. Soma, along with Mayonaise, remain two of my favorite songs. Soma (or variations on it when it's taken) has been my nickname ever since I heard that album. Sadly Smashing Pumpkins released 4 good albums and then (IMO) went downhill fast.
Side Note: I listened to guitar music before the 90's, Metallica, Iron Maiden etc but it was Nevermind that really grabbed me by the balls and made me think 'I want to be a guitar player'. Strange when you consider Cobain's style, but oh well ;)

Cheers.

I chose Sixstring because as a guitar player I thought it would be the lamest most cliche one I could use + it was available and my last name is way to long :lol.

Mine is pretty gross actually and just came to me when registering here. Around these parts with guy/shop talk, this name is the result of when one gets sweaty in the crack of their ass. The result...swass. :lol However my real name is not gross...

Last edited:
I've been accused of naming myself after some cheap modeller...?
That was never on my mind (maybe because I chose a Pod over that one? ;))

I like that it has at least 3 meanings of which 2 musically related: virtual Amp, a rhythmic/groovy pattern and a "well-toned" woman ;) (in my native language at least) and that it is short.

Last edited:
So far I think yours is the funniest. That is AWESOME!!!

Mine is pretty gross actually and just came to me when registering here. Around these parts with guy/shop talk, this name is the result of when one gets sweaty in the crack of their ass. The result...swass. :lol However my real name is not gross...

So far I think yours is the funniest. That is AWESOME!!!

Ever since I first saw your name here I was like, "Who does this guy think he is?!?! Coming to the FAS forum with a name like THAT!!!" Funny that it doesn't even mean that. You have been redeemed in my eyes vAmp.

I've been accused of naming myself after some cheap modeller...?
That was never on my mind (maybe because I chose a Pod over that one? ;))

I like that it has at least 3 meanings of which 2 musically related: virtual Amp, a rhythmic/groovy pattern and a "well-toned" woman ;) (in my native language at least) and that it is short.

Well.. Years ago I thought the Cobra snake was a bit facinating with the look and poison all to be hypnotized by a flute..
Combined with the Ford mustang svt Cobra being a cool car. Combined with "Cobra" being used too much.
Hell, this nick started back when I was a steamgamer playing counter-strike going BOOM HEADSHOT! I used "Cobra <3 Buckethead" then though.
So I tought of "Cobrangotang", like cobra combined with "orangotang" (orangutan in english) for a moment just to be able to use cobra, then I tought of Cobrango
as a thing in between. Buckethead has got an album called "cobra strike" when I think about it.

Guess I just sticked with it.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom