New Firmware Version 1.0 for the MFC-101 MIDI Foot Controller

YES! This is the REAL pedalboard Mode! Changing preset = changing AMP (channel) but NOT change actual on/off state (bett say: re-transmitted state) of the pedalboards effects (drive, delay ,etc...). Right? And this without the need of using externals -> modifiers reset=no) ....... AWESOME!

Mmm, I see what you mean. That'd be great for 'amp presets' with a common grid.
It would mean no Axe-Fx mode. And the need for an alt. way to be able to select a 'dry' preset (no fx carried over).

Still no ability to change presets on the MFC with the looper continuing kinda sucks..but I'm not a whine!! Still some great features! :)

Looks like a fine upgrade. Unfortunately it does not have the one feature I was hoping for - I would like to have an IA switch assigned to an Axe-FX function but not derive it's initial the state from the Axe-FX preset so that on-the-fly changes can be made in Axe-FX mode. It's not too hard to work around but it means I don't get the red/green light behavior. Ideally you could configure each IA individually to get the initial value from either the Axe-FX or the MFC. Oh well, the rest looks good.

this colorblind guy is happy, the MFC is the best MIDI Footcontroller have ever used, love how it is seamless with AXE FX!

Bulk Dump Converter New Version

A new version of the Bulk Dump Converter was just added to the archive containing the MFC-101 firmware on the web site.

It corrects a problem where Axe-Fx Tx Map entries were not being translated correctly.

Fantastic features update! When I attempted to update from a Win7(32bit) machine via Midi-OX over one of those Alesis USB->MIDI cables kept hitting errors on the MFC. In Midi-OX changed "Low Level Output Buffers" size to 128 rather than the 256 listed in the readme then worked like a charm. For whatever reason on this particular machine had to do the same with-in Axe-Edit ages ago or the connection was flaky so hope someone else will find this info useful.

Still no ability to change presets on the MFC with the looper continuing kinda sucks..but I'm not a whine!! Still some great features! :)

I don't know why, but I was under the impression the looper continued so long as the patch being switched to had the looper; is this not the case? Bummed :(

Great sounding update BTW :)

Cheers,
Steve

I don't know why, but I was under the impression the looper continued so long as the patch being switched to had the looper; is this not the case? Bummed :(

Great sounding update BTW :)

Cheers,
Steve

It does as long as the controller doesn't interfere. Record/play IAs (if any) sent at preset change need to be "off" for record, "on" for play. I think that was possible (save play IA on in target preset) but the new global IA option should make things easier--leave record non-global & stored "off" in all presets, set play to global.

Just installed the firmware. No problems.

Ability to "backtrack" (even though "limited' to recalling the previous preset), per preset or global, is awesome.
Showing names when pressing IAs is awesome.
Ability to switch off all IAs in a "linked" group is awesome.
Manual update is awesome.
I think the update is, eh, awesome!!

Ability to select alt.presets, plus X/Y and the capacity for 2 amps allow amazing flexibility now.

Suggestion:
How about adding the capability to choose between X and Y by pressing and holding the IA for a second or so? I realize this would raise an issue with the LED state.
Alt: add a 'generic' IA-switch (CC) for X/Y switching. Pressing and holding any effect IA will 'select' that effect, and the generic X/Y switch switches between X and Y.
Or even better: adding a single IA set to 'generic X/Y' would suffice. Press it once to get into Select mode, then press an effect IA to switch between its X and Y state.
No more need for a separate X/Y-switch for each X/Y-enabled effect.
Okay, I'm getting carried away. :)

Last edited:
Just installed the firmware. No problems.

Ability to "backtrack" (even though "limited' to recalling the previous preset), per preset or global, is awesome.
Showing names when pressing IAs is awesome.

OH YEAH :) I am one happy bunny...this was my No1 feature wish for the MFC. Thank you FAS for listening. It's really appreciated.

Back
Top Bottom