New Firmware Version 1.0 for the MFC-101 MIDI Foot Controller

It's one of the global settings. Off the top of my head.. I'd say check out the global preset section in the setup menu.

I've been out of town for a week with very limited Internet access. Been so busy reading all the drama with the Axe II, I totally missed this update while I was gone!

Thanks, Fractal. :)

Just updated and transfer the new firmware, no problem.
The manual says: "5. At this point MFC-101 must be power-cycled to begin using the new firmware."

What the heck does this mean? What do I need to do? Probably something idiot simple that I dont understand

Cheers

Backtrack Function:- I think you better download the new manual, its been updated to include the 'tweaks', I quote:-

4.5.1 Global Preset
The Global Preset function allows you to specify a preset which other presets can use as their Alternate Preset(s).
By default, the Global Preset is set to OFF, and all MFC-101 presets are set to GLOBAL.
To set the Global Preset:
1. Press EDIT footswitch to enter EDIT MODE.
2. Press SETUP footswitch to select the SETUP menu.
3. Press PAGE footswitch 16x to get to the Global Preset screen:
4. Press the INCR or DECR footswitches to make your selection.
 0-383: Load an alternate preset specified by its number
 OFF: The Alternate preset function will be disabled for this preset
 BAK: “Backtrack” to whichever preset was loaded before the current one.
5. Press EXIT to return to PERFORMANCE MODE.

I suppose to get my Axe II delievered today and to use the mfc i need to update the firmware. Can I update the firmware using the Axe II as the midi interface? If so will it matter if I connect it with the cat5 or by midi cable for the update?
When I sold my ultra I gave the guy my midi interface and 7 pin midi cable.

Can I update the firmware using the Axe II as the midi interface? If so will it matter if I connect it with the cat5 or by midi cable for the update?
When I sold my ultra I gave the guy my midi interface and 7 pin midi cable.
I would say "No" you can't do it that way based on ... you must [generally] update the MFC firmware in "stand-alone" mode. Not sure if it can be done PC (USB) --> Axe2 (MIDI OUT) --> MFC (MIDI IN) - and not heard of anyone trying it that way. I believe Cliff said not - in another post.

Most of the time its direct PC -> MFC, and that does work.

Dear Guys at Fractal,

Clicking the 'Like' button on Post #1 doesn't do it justice. The upgrade is superb and I just wanted to drop you a line to say 'thank you'. Seriously, this is such a cool development and great to know that you are listening to the feedback.

Cheers!

If you use MIDI and "USB adapter mode" on the II this should work.
Yup.. it should. I tried (posted about it some other thread) but it did not work. Showed "100% COMPLETE" message on MFC, but never went further to the "firmware upgraded" message. Will try the process again as time permits.
NOTE: some folks HAVE had SUCCESS using this method. But not me.

Back
Top Bottom