Axe-Fx II Technical Questions Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a question about the four cable method. I would like to use the axe II with my Bogner. As I understand it the guitar goes direct to the front input of the axe II. The output 1 of axe II would go to the input of the Amplifier. The FX loop send o the amplifier would go into the input 1 of the axe II. Finally the output 2 of the Axe II would go to the return of the amplifier fx loop. This would allow for effects to be inserted in front of the amplifier pre-amp section and after the pre-amp before the power section correct? I am wondering if the loop of the AXe II could be bypassed removing the pre-amp section of the amplifier so you could use the amp sims going directly into the power section of the amp and then switch back to the amplifiers pre-amp, is this possible?

I have a question about the four cable method. I would like to use the axe II with my Bogner. As I understand it the guitar goes direct to the front input of the axe II. The output 1 of axe II would go to the input of the Amplifier. The FX loop send o the amplifier would go into the input 1 of the axe II. Finally the output 2 of the Axe II would go to the return of the amplifier fx loop. This would allow for effects to be inserted in front of the amplifier pre-amp section and after the pre-amp before the power section correct? I am wondering if the loop of the AXe II could be bypassed removing the pre-amp section of the amplifier so you could use the amp sims going directly into the power section of the amp and then switch back to the amplifiers pre-amp, is this possible?
Completely possible. However, 4cm is:

Guitar into AxeFX front.
Amp send to AxeFX input 2 (Axe FX loop in).
AxeFX output 1 to amp return.
AxeFX output 2 (Axe FX loop out) to amp front input.

Removing the FX block from your patch will get you there.

Completely possible. However, 4cm is:

Guitar into AxeFX front.
Amp send to AxeFX input 2 (Axe FX loop in).
AxeFX output 1 to amp return.
AxeFX output 2 (Axe FX loop out) to amp front input.

Removing the FX block from your patch will get you there.

Great! Thanks for posting the correct method for me fredster..

I guess 3 and 4 are raw mono signals (L and R) voor reamping.
If that's the case, then you'd be able to reamp two guitar tracks simultaneously. That would be cool (I think). Can anyone confirm?

...voor reamping.
Wow, you really are Nederlander. :) Your English is so fluent — in all your postings, that's the first indication I've seen that you're not an expatriate American.

Wow, you really are Nederlander. :) Your English is so fluent — in all your postings, that's the first indication I've seen that you're not an expatriate American.

Haha, I'm caught! That, or the location info next to my name gave me away. :))

Dear cliff,
using the ultra with a tubeamp (diezel vh4) via 4CM I noticed a rise of the noise level when I go into high gain territory with the amp (compared to using the amp alone). I solved the prob by using a splitbox after the guitar (lehle p-split) and going parallel into the ultra (input#1) and the tubeampinput, then amploop into axeinput#2, axeout#1 into amploop-return etc.. - but: this way I have no chance to use the clean/crunchchannel of the amp together with FX from the ulta BEFORE the amp.

My Question regarding the AXE-2 is:
Will it be possible to optional root the signal from the guitar (input#1) DIRECTLY WITHOUT A-D-A conversion to output(#2), which leads the signal to the tubeamp-input? (and so hopefully maintain a minimum of background-noise rising when using more amp distortion)

thank you!
dig your work!! ;)
martin

Should work. The Axe-Fx will respond to MIDI events sent over USB.
How well does the new looper sync to MIDI? Has anybody tested the real time functionality?
Our band plays against tracks and metro from the keyboardist MAC. The sync would have to be flawless.

Dear cliff,
using the ultra with a tubeamp (diezel vh4) via 4CM I noticed a rise of the noise level when I go into high gain territory with the amp (compared to using the amp alone). I solved the prob by using a splitbox after the guitar (lehle p-split) and going parallel into the ultra (input#1) and the tubeampinput, then amploop into axeinput#2, axeout#1 into amploop-return etc.. - but: this way I have no chance to use the clean/crunchchannel of the amp together with FX from the ulta BEFORE the amp.

My Question regarding the AXE-2 is:
Will it be possible to optional root the signal from the guitar (input#1) DIRECTLY WITHOUT A-D-A conversion to output(#2), which leads the signal to the tubeamp-input? (and so hopefully maintain a minimum of background-noise rising when using more amp distortion)

thank you!
dig your work!! ;)
martin

While I don't know the answer to your question (but would guess no), as you are talking about noise when using the 4 cable method with the Ultra, I wanted to make sure that you noticed the following section of the II web page:

New I/O Capabilities and with Even Less Noise

All rear analog inputs are now balanced like the onboard XLR outputs. The ¼" unbalanced outputs feature our new Humbuster™ technology, which senses and subtract the ground noise of equipment connected with a simple stereo-to-mono cable. This can provide up to 20 dB reduction in ground noise without resorting to dangerous "cheater plugs" or expensive isolation transformers.
The Axe-Fx II was also designed with the “Four-Cable Method” in mind. Special analog processing keeps the noise floor even lower on output 2, designed to be connected to the front of an amplifier.
Meanwhile, the front panel input uses a proprietary circuit and dedicated A/D converter for astonishingly low noise. The original Axe-Fx was hailed for its low-noise performance; the Axe-Fx II provides an almost 10 dB SNR improvement with the same pristine quality. The front panel also now features a high quality headphone jack.

Sorry if you have already answered this question, but I don't have time at the moment to read the whole thread. Does the II have more parameters that can be controlled in real time?
I'm not an axe owner yet, I've just been checking out the Axe Edit to try to learn my way around. So I was wondering if the II has more controllable parameters than what shows in Axe Edit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom