Where are the Axe II samples? Come on, beta testers!

American Standard Strat, neck pickups Area 58s. The guitar needs some seasonal attention, I'm getting a lot of fret buzz. What you really don't get from the clip for some reason is the extra punch the shiva in the II has over the Ultra. I have a Shiva and it is REALLY close to it (at least at the settings I like). I doubt I would be able to tell the difference on a recording.

I knew, Strat! Very promising, can't wait to hook my Strat to Axe II... If you have some spare time in near future, would you consider creating a similar clip with Shiva, for comparison?

Here's a challenge (link below). A sound that I was not quite able to reproduce with Ultra & Strat. Especially attack of the sound and details in high-end "tinkle", so called "Fender tone"http://www.youtube.com/user/jensmo75#p/a/u/0/xm88xysdMJQ
Compression is very involved in the attack you're hearing. The initial impact of pick to string is uncompressed, letting the attack leap out before compression kicks in and providing a lot of the feel as well as more sustain. Maybe it's just his amp doing that. I'm not an SRV expert, but you have to dial that dynamics into the rig one way or another.

BTW, I like that clip because the Shiva is at the front until the reverb takes over. What a sweet reverb!! Damn. And I've heard that Shiva clean in person - it's a real nice combo of fender/marshall vibes. Great job!

What I'm finding from everybody's clips is that there is no longer any little hook or artefact to tell my ears that this is not a valve amp I'm listening to. In fact I am finding it very hard NOT to forget I'm listening to demo and just start listening to the music. I suspect the experience of actually playing the damn thing will be even more impressive. People talk about dynamics with valve amps but what we actually mean is the subtle tonal variations you get with the different input signals as you play. I'm hearing all that. This is very exciting.

Here is a very quick example of the shiva clean w/ a ambient verb. I only had 5min to dial it in a play something. I'll do something better later.

Redone w/ new cab and darker verb

Fuck, clean is my thing and that sounds fantastic, having been extremely busy in the month I have had my Ultra, I haven't done much in the way of patch building/trying out ones posted online but the stock presets for clean get nowhere near that on the Ultra, please tell me it is possible to get close with tweaking?

Fuck, clean is my thing and that sounds fantastic, having been extremely busy in the month I have had my Ultra, I haven't done much in the way of patch building/trying out ones posted online but the stock presets for clean get nowhere near that on the Ultra, please tell me it is possible to get close with tweaking?

Yes, you can get close with the Ultra. Everything for the reverb is there. Just need to put a peq after the verb instead.

Yes, you can get close with the Ultra. Everything for the reverb is there. Just need to put a peq after the verb instead.

Good to know I need to find the time to play with it I'm currently in work at half nine on a Friday if that tells you anything :-x maybe Sunday. It was more about the dry clean tone than the reverb, the presets pretty much all (IMO) have that plasticky quality that is significantly reduced in your clip or almost completely gone.

Good to know I need to find the time to play with it I'm currently in work at half nine on a Friday if that tells you anything :-x maybe Sunday. It was more about the dry clean tone than the reverb, the presets pretty much all (IMO) have that plasticky quality that is significantly reduced in your clip or almost completely gone.

I'll post the Ultra patch were I use basically the same verb only using another amp.

Java .not sure if you are taking requests .lol .But I would love to here Some Lynchesque Scorps modded marshall tones from the Jose ,Brown SLO, HBE.. Rythm chunk

also I cant recall if it was you with the acoustic IR but will that work in the 2

Wonder if any of you Beta testers have tried the violin sound on the Axe II, or should i say recreate that patch on the Axe II, in my opinion it should be in the factory banks..pretty much evryone who hears it is amazed how great it sounds.. I had a guy who wanted to buy my Ultra a few months ago just to have that violin sound.

Violin tone should be the same maybe slightly better w/ the 2048 IRs. Yes the Acoustic IR w/ work reprocessed. Cliff took the liberty of converting the original .wav of the acoustic guitar body. It is not a stock cab but I will make sure it is available as a user cab.

I'll try to get to some scorpish tone this weekend.

Thanks Java that's great news!! I love that patch, also it's a lot of fun playing it when the singer or someone else is doing soundcheck and then having the FOH and Monitor guy yell at the keyboard player, not realizing it's the GTR..lol

Back
Top Bottom