New DynaCab™ Pack - York Audio 4x12 Recto

Loving it so far.

One question: What are the SIC values for this cab?
Try the 4x12 Recto Straight and set the low resonance frequency to 100Hz. You can also try the Recto Large with the low resonance at 100Hz as well to see which one you prefer. :)

I would also be interested in the preamp used for the pack
Chandler , API?
Who said only one mic preamp was used? ;) It could a Chandler, BAE, API, or AEA depending on the mic... I don't think I used anything else.

I always thought of the SM58 as being the same as a SM57 except for the grille which I thought was generally to deal with plosives when used as a vocal mic. Is that true? I was surprised to see it in the list of mics selected for a guitar cabinet. Does it provide a different sound from an SM57 when used on a guitar cab?

The SM57 and SM58 share the same cartridge in the same case. They are the same microphone, except that the 58 has a windscreen. The windscreen has some effect on the tone, but the bigger difference is that you can get the SM57’s mic closer to the source because there’s no windscreen in the way. That gives it a potentially greater proximity effect.

I always thought of the SM58 as being the same as a SM57 except for the grille which I thought was generally to deal with plosives when used as a vocal mic. Is that true? I was surprised to see it in the list of mics selected for a guitar cabinet. Does it provide a different sound from an SM57 when used on a guitar cab?
The 58 is one of my favorite mics on a guitar cab. It has a smoother top end than a 57 and has a little more midrange. I've never taken the windscreen cage off to compare it to my 57s, but I love whatever is happening with that mic.

Mics are also like guitars and speaker cabs... even two with the same specs can sound drastically different. All of my 57s have the same specs, but they all have their own unique top end and midrange character.

Dang, that’s my favorite cab. In the future will you ever be able to buy these for use like the stock Dynacabs? I haven’t ventured into Cab Lab yet.

Can you work live in Cab Lab while playing to move mics around or do you have to upload the IR first?

Dang, that’s my favorite cab. In the future will you ever be able to buy these for use like the stock Dynacabs? I haven’t ventured into Cab Lab yet.

Can you work live in Cab Lab while playing to move mics around or do you have to upload the IR first?
The DynaCab packs in Cab Lab 4 are like the stock DynaCabs on steroids. You have more mics to choose from and you can move the mics in different directions and distances. Cab Lab 4 lets you make mic adjustments that you can export and send to your Fractal as a User IR.

The DynaCab packs in Cab Lab 4 are like the stock DynaCabs on steroids. You have more mics to choose from and you can move the mics in different directions and distances. Cab Lab 4 lets you make mic adjustments that you can export and send to your Fractal as a User IR.
Just watched a quick video, makes sense. It’s looks like the GGD Cali type setup.

Are there any presets to start with or just start from scratch? Maybe you have some tips since you know this cab very well 😎

For example…how about the 2000s Paramore tone or maybe 2000s Metalcore?

First DynaCab purchase here, and it was an instant buy as soon as I saw it listed. The "regular" V2 Recto pack has been one of my go-to packs since release, and this just takes that already winning pack and makes it even more tweakable. Absolutely loving the tones from this one so far and I've only been playing for 15 minutes. York Audio continues to be the stuff that makes my ears the happiest, whether DynaCabs or standard IR's. Absolutely love these just like I loved the predecessor. 10/10, would buy again.

Back
Top Bottom