Acoustic Sim preset?

Friends,

I'm rebooting this post. On our latest album we just used an acoustic guitar, but trying to translate that into something on the FM3 if anyone else has any further suggestions please feel free to contribute. Thanks to all for the suggestions so far. I'm assuming this is like a recipe if you had too much or too little you can make it good or bad but what else would be the main ingredients. Compressor? Reverb? EQ?.

Thanks again in advance for any help.

Rob

Yek,

Thanks so much for that. I'm sure you understand we're trying to simulate the acoustic guitar on stage with an electric guitar. I will watch it several times and pass it on to our guitarist hopefully it's a starting point for us. Do you have any tips for simulating the the acoustic to guitar?

Friends,

I'm rebooting this post. On our latest album we just used an acoustic guitar, but trying to translate that into something on the FM3 if anyone else has any further suggestions please feel free to contribute. Thanks to all for the suggestions so far. I'm assuming this is like a recipe if you had too much or too little you can make it good or bad but what else would be the main ingredients. Compressor? Reverb? EQ?.

Thanks again in advance for any help.

Rob
There are a few shared on the forum, here's one:
https://forum.fractalaudio.com/threads/12-string-from-a-6-string.184023/#post-2264592

Yek,

Thanks so much for that. I'm sure you understand we're trying to simulate the acoustic guitar on stage with an electric guitar. I will watch it several times and pass it on to our guitarist hopefully it's a starting point for us. Do you have any tips for simulating the the acoustic to guitar?

Sorry got that wrong. Search for Fremen's free presets. Often there's an acoustic simulation in scene 8.

Last edited:
I made a commercial pack for this. No demo for the FM3 version but here's the Axe 3 one :

It has presets for many electric guitar models, Strat, Tele, Les Paul, SG, superstrats etc

Very nicely done, so cool and something I've been wanting!

Can you send me or post here a link to your store, please??

Any possibility there will be an explanation somewhere of the difference between what I hear there in the Axe-III version and I what I will hear in the FM3 version? I was just wondering if it's a complex preset that uses a lot of the CPU on an Axe-III and a lot has to be dropped on FM3 version or is it not that CPU intensive and they're pretty close?

Very nicely done, so cool and something I've been wanting!

Can you send me or post here a link to your store, please??

Any possibility there will be an explanation somewhere of the difference between what I hear there in the Axe-III version and I what I will hear in the FM3 version? I was just wondering if it's a complex preset that uses a lot of the CPU on an Axe-III and a lot has to be dropped on FM3 version or is it not that CPU intensive and they're pretty close?
They're pretty close ! The Axe-Fx III version has a Plex Delay and better resolution reverb, that's all. The presets are here : https://fremenpresets.com/modellers/fm3/

I think just running a clean amp without a cab makes it sound acoustic. That and maybe a dialed in notch filter. Use the neck pickup and it satisfies my acoustic itch pretty well

I think just running a clean amp without a cab makes it sound acoustic. That and maybe a dialed in notch filter. Use the neck pickup and it satisfies my acoustic itch pretty well
Try neck+ bridge. In my opinion, that usually gives you about as close to an acoustic sound as you're going to get with magnetic pickups.

If you really want to go down the rabbit hole all you really need is some decent acoustic guitar IR's. Here is a free searchable database. http://acousticir.free.fr/spip.php?rubrique2. There are a lot of ways to set this up, but if you want a good shortcut.. use the Maz 38 amp. Base settings, adjust gain until you only get a clean signal. Add a cab block and put the irs in the cab block. There are a few other free resources for acoustic IRs as well. I made this just now in about 5 minutes.. Literally just the Maz 38 (it has the right punch for acoustic) a Taylor and an Ovation acoustic guitar IR with room level raised to about 40% set to room, not hall.. No reverb at all. I have not even added EQ yet. Played on the neck pickup, split to single of a schecter Ultra III.

Last edited:
My main reason to pop into this thread initially was to defend @fremen. His credentials and history here are impeccable.

But, here is a clip of my old AX8 Acoustic Sim preset with some 'Multi-Delay' added, using my EBMM Axis bridge pickup. The Gen 3 unit versions sound better IMHO.

Last edited:
Just did two shows with my Pink Floyd tribute band, on 6/7 October. On first night, for Wish you were here, I used my PRS Hollowbody Piezo. I intended to use it on second night too, but while changing guitars, I forgot that the PRS has two output jacks, and on the dark stage, I put the jack in the wrong hole (nobody laugh). Thinking the guitar wasn't working, I quickly grabbed my Tom Anderson Strat. Fortunately, in the preset I use, I have scenes for the piezo guitar, but also scenes for a regular Strat. Can't wait to show you the video comparing the two sounds ! The piezo is of course better, but that's not a night and day difference, far from that !
Btw, AFAIK, that was the first rock/metal festival ever sponsored by a pro presets programmer, I sponsored it, all bands played on my modelers. More on that soon too !

Just did two shows with my Pink Floyd tribute band, on 6/7 October. On first night, for Wish you were here, I used my PRS Hollowbody Piezo. I intended to use it on second night too, but while changing guitars, I forgot that the PRS has two output jacks, and on the dark stage, I put the jack in the wrong hole (nobody laugh)....
1697541695972.png

I made a commercial pack for this. No demo for the FM3 version but here's the Axe 3 one :

It has presets for many electric guitar models, Strat, Tele, Les Paul, SG, superstrats etc

Hello fremen,
I'm interested in your acoustic pack for the FM3, it sounds good. Plesse tell me where I can buy it. regards Mike

Back
Top Bottom