Axe-Fx III Firmware 22.00 Public Beta (Beta 6)

Status
Not open for further replies.
currently getting a blank context menu with a checkmark up top when i open the cabinet options in dyna-cab mode. followed the opening post's instructions to the letter, axe-edit and fractal-bot are both updated. any ideas?
It took me a couple of tries to upload the dynacab data. Try that.

I may have missed this, but is the 1960 TV cab greenbacks?

And second, I'm curious (more of a nerdy question); Are the captures all done on the same speaker per cabinet? i.e. 1960 TV cab; are dynamic, ribbon, and condenser mics all shot on the same speaker?

Are the captures all done on the same speaker per cabinet? i.e. 1960 TV cab; are dynamic, ribbon, and condenser mics all shot on the same speaker?
Typically all the speakers are evaluated, and the best-sounding one is used for all microphones. Failing to do that would mean that all the IRs shot off that cabinet could have differing quality.

Look, Cliff… this is AWESOME and we all REALLY appreciate you, but I’m posting this as a grass roots uprising to (respectfully) “Demand” that you rename this to firmware release 21.12. I mean, c’mon, man! How could you skip that?!?!? Come to your senses, for the love of Pete! Fractal users unite! Viva la revolution!
I suddenly feel like listening to Bastille Day

Just out of curiosity: what hardware units do the folks experiencing input clipping issues have? I am running the mk I without issues. Is there a chance this issue is specific to mk II and/or Turbo or are fellow mk I owners also experiencing input clipping at extremely low A/D levels?
Wouldn’t call it an ‘issue’ exactly, but I saw the input clip warning for the first time ever on this beta. It flashed for a second while I was playing a single note line. Wasn’t even picking hard. I had never seen it before, and it was just that once. Mk I.

Wouldn’t call it an ‘issue’ exactly, but I saw the input clip warning for the first time ever on this beta. It flashed for a second while I was playing a single note line. Wasn’t even picking hard. I had never seen it before, and it was just that once. Mk I.
Thats because the input clip waring is new to this firmware before all you had to really go off was the input leds on the front panel or recording a clip of your playing and looking at the wave forum for signs of clipping.

Thats because the input clip waring is new to this firmware before all you had to really go off was the input leds on the front panel or recording a clip of your playing and looking at the wave forum for signs of clipping.
Yes, I missed that.

Still, I haven’t been able to get the clip warning to appear again, no matter how much I bash on the strings. So what caused it to flash?

Yes, I missed that.

Still, I haven’t been able to get the clip warning to appear again, no matter how much I bash on the strings. So what caused it to flash?
Maybe a string or something metallic (e.g. a ring) touching a magnet pole of your pickups, or some noises coming from a bad cable or scratchy pot?

I was using a Moabi Cab from OH that I was very happy with.
I tried the 1960 TV with a ribbon and a dynamic and within a few minutes, I had a sound that was almost a perfect match to the OH.

I have just loaded up the beta and spent an hour with it on my 5153 red preset and I think DynaCab™ is awesome. Everything just seems a bit more solid, especially higher single notes that seem less brittle. I'm guessing that unlike a single static IR shot we now have complex interactions going on creating a more reinforced sound?
The only thing I don't get is the clip warning. Is it a pop up window on the hardware? I've only tried my Les Paul so far and the meter is set to only flash red if I really thump it, yet I have not triggered any warning that I can see.

IR choice was one thing that actually made me feel panic when I got into modelling. I am loving the less is more approach. With limited choices, it's feasible to actually try them all and really get to know a few IRs well.

Is this an Avenue Q reference? Incredible!

In a roundabout way, it might be … I was quoting Stephen Sondheim’s lyrics to Something’s Coming, from West Side Story.
I wouldn’t be at all surprised if Avenue Q – another Broadway musical, though performed by puppets – paid homage to Leonard Bernstein's music from (perhaps) the most beloved musical of all time.

Here’s my hero Todd, with his version … (sorry for the potato audio, and the OT diversion)

Last edited:
These IRs are so clear and free of any phasiness. I don't like when IRs sound like if they forgot to turn off the wah or the formant filter before capturing, but too many do. These are free from such issues.
Now is that the way how the IRs got made or are they well choosen?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom