Axe-Fx Firmware Version 21.04

Might be a silly question, but I updated firmware and jumped several upgrades and now the volume of my patches is much lower than before? Did I miss something goofy between all the last several updates?

Also when i plugged headphones into the headphone jack I initially only had sound from the left output but after a quick power cycle that went away.

Might be a silly question, but I updated firmware and jumped several upgrades and now the volume of my patches is much lower than before? Did I miss something goofy between all the last several updates?
Probably. Read the Release Notes since your latest firmware

If you are using Axe-Edit, just go to Tools - Fractal Bot...should be prompt there for 21.04 and a link to download it. Back up your unit first though! (Also in Fractal Bot)
I dont have a computer. Just an iPad. Can it be done with FracPad or a usb thumbdrive?

Also, do I need to backup if I havent made any changes from the factory configuration it shipped with?

I dont have a computer. Just an iPad. Can it be done with FracPad or a usb thumbdrive?
You need Fractal-Boot to upgrade Firmware. As far as I know, Fractal-Boot doesn't run in iPad. Only Windows PC or MacOS

Here is the Firmware Update Guide that comes with the firmware zip file

Attachments

• README Firmware Update Guide.pdf
    124.4 KB · Views: 8
https://www.fractalaudio.com/downloads/firmware-presets/axe-fx-3/21p0/axefxiii_dsp_rel_21p04.zip

Axe-Fx III Firmware Release Notes​

Fixed Tuner not working if Offsets are on.

Improved dynamic speaker modeling in Amp block.

Reverted bypass speed of Drive block to fast.

Fixed channel changes on blocks with “Slow Bypass” are not smooth.

Fixed IR(s) not loading in Cabinet block when switching channels if previous channel had a slot Soloed.

Fixed presets with lots of modifiers (>20) and moderately high CPU usage can cause starvation of graphics thread.

Improved Tuner.
The art of perfection! Thanks for all your hard work.

Are you guys re-setting the amp block because of the speaker modeling, or just plug and go (vs 21.02)?
This question came after every updates. I ask it very often too.
I think that it can be cool, if at every updates, in the release notes, we are informed if we need to reset the updated blocks or not.

The release notes tell you when you DO, so therefore they also tell you (by not telling you) when you DON'T ;)
Yes but as sometimes you have to do it and sometimes not, imagine that one day he forgot to mention that you have to reboot the block, so you don’t have the new algo and 🤷. Just a small sentence in the end of the note like “your preset will automatically have the new algo/value” or “you should reset the block” prevent any questions about that . Don’t know. Everytime there is a new firmware I’m never sure that the new algo are in . So rebooting hundreds of blocks to be sure you know 😬

Are you guys re-setting the amp block because of the speaker modeling, or just plug and go (vs 21.02)?
I always reset one amp to see if it makes a difference. Many times to my opinion it does. Sometimes not. Really doesn’t take much more effort or time to check one patch than getting on the forum and asking the question. Then you know for yourself whether it’s worth it. Some hear or feel the difference, others don’t, at the end of the day it’s your opinion that matters to you, not what others think.

I always reset one amp to see if it makes a difference. Many times to my opinion it does. Sometimes not. Really doesn’t take much more effort or time to check one patch than getting on the forum and asking the question. Then you know for yourself whether it’s worth it. Some hear or feel the difference, others don’t, at the end of the day it’s your opinion that matters to you, not what others think.
here is another example that proves that the situation is not clear every time. When the question is asked, it is asked to fractal audio, not for what “others people think”

Are you sure that you are not also resetting some advanced parameter that you may have tweaked? e.g.: out compression, cab curve, speaker thumb or drive, supply sag, input or output EQ...

Warning-know-what-you-are-doing-before-resetting-amp-blocks

I think that besides indicating the need to Reset or not to Reset at the release notes, it would also be interesting that they explain the correct mode to reset without messing with the advanced parameters that the user may have changed.

Are you sure that you are not also resetting some advanced parameter that you may have tweaked? e.g.: out compression, cab curve, speaker thumb or drive, supply sag, input or output EQ...

Warning-know-what-you-are-doing-before-resetting-amp-blocks

I think that besides indicating the need to Reset or not to Reset at the release notes, it would also be interesting that they explain the correct mode to reset without messing with the advanced parameters that the user may have changed.
+1
I'm no pro at setting parameters so definately all the info is needed not to Fc* up my day if I descided to reset anything

Back
Top Bottom