FM3 Firmware Version 6.00 beta 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
The New version is not on the download page on the fractal Web site, right?
I have to go on the forum and unzip it myself?
Right, it's the first post of this thread but you should download and use it ONLY if you want to participate in the beta.
Yes, unfortunately you are the only one who can unzip it on your computer.
After opening the latest FM3-Edit which you WILL find on the download page on the Fractal website, go to Tools->Fractal-Bot
1669142934928.png

At this moment you should do a backup (Receive-mode) so that you will be able to get back to a previous state

Then use the Browse button to point where you unzipped the file all by yourself

1669143028282.png

Then press Begin.

It would really help you understand what's happening and what are the steps if you read the manual.

What version firmware will be shipped with the new FM3if order now? Is firmware six almost to the end of beta testing. Sorry to sound uninformed.

What version firmware will be shipped with the new FM3if order now? Is firmware six almost to the end of beta testing. Sorry to sound uninformed.
Whichever firmware is the latest official release at the time of shipment.

Nobody can say when the beta of done except Fractal.

Beta 4, no sound out put at all, when I went to setup on the FM3, then page over to global settings, the unit pops and blanks out. Have to reboot every time.
Beta 3 was stable until this morning when I booted, everything was scrambled and it would not work.
Rolling back to 5.03 until these bugs are worked out.

Beta 4, no sound out put at all, when I went to setup on the FM3, then page over to global settings, the unit pops and blanks out. Have to reboot every time.
Beta 3 was stable until this morning when I booted, everything was scrambled and it would not work.
Rolling back to 5.03 until these bugs are worked out.
What do you mean by "page over to global settings"? Just accessing the Global Settings page? On the hardware or from FM3-Edit?
Please post your preset and system settings so I can take a look.

What do you mean by "page over to global settings"? Just accessing the Global Settings page? On the hardware or from FM3-Edit?
On the FM3 unit itself using the page buttons. Happened on standard and empty presets.

On the FM3 unit itself using the page buttons. Happened on standard and empty presets.
On the FM3 front panel, you don’t use the Page buttons to get to “Global.”

Can you post a picture of the screen you’re looking at?

Sorry, frustration while typing. While On the Home Screen, paging over to the Perform-Gbl. Happened with a user preset, factory preset and empty preset.

Beta 4 produces no sound, Had signal as the tuner worked and all the level meters showed signal.
On a side note, the tuner was set at 430hz instead of 440hz.

Was trying to get to the screen attached to see if levels were down. When I went to the Perform-Gbl, there was a pop and the screen went blank. Nothing responded and had to reboot each time.

Attachments

• 11B31CEF-A7E1-4F95-80A8-2168DA481F05.jpeg
    11B31CEF-A7E1-4F95-80A8-2168DA481F05.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 44
A little late in the day but I've been getting USB audio issues since updating my FM3. I thought it was just a one of but it keeps happening.
The issue is I'm playing something in my DAW and after a while the out goes to mono and just audio output just plays in my right ear but the FM3 is still in stereo and sound perfectly ok. My setup is as follows:

FM3 without headphone jack
Windows i5 Laptop PC 8Gb RAM
Cakewalk Bandlab
Good quality USB leads.

My FM3 is connected to a little mixer and this part of the setup is fine. Its just the USB audio that has the issue and happens randomly but often now. The issue has only happened since the update. Its a little bit of a pain as I use my DAW with drum loops to noodle about etc and to resolve the issue, I have to close the DAW project and reopen, and its fine again for while and then will happen again, times vary.

Any help or advise greatly appreciated.

A little late in the day but I've been getting USB audio issues since updating my FM3. I thought it was just a one of but it keeps happening.
The issue is I'm playing something in my DAW and after a while the out goes to mono and just audio output just plays in my right ear but the FM3 is still in stereo and sound perfectly ok. My setup is as follows:

Cakewalk Bandlab
Good quality USB leads.

My FM3 is connected to a little mixer and this part of the setup is fine. Its just the USB audio that has the issue and happens randomly but often now. The issue has only happened since the update. Its a little bit of a pain as I use my DAW with drum loops to noodle about etc and to resolve the issue, I have to close the DAW project and reopen, and its fine again for while and then will happen again, times vary.

If restart of project in DAW solves the problem, ist seems more like a bug there or that it has problems with the Audio driver.
May you check another DAW to verify the behaviour...for example free test-version of Reaper or something.
Or check buffer settings inside DAW. May it is to low and causing issues ?

If restart of project in DAW solves the problem, ist seems more like a bug there or that it has problems with the Audio driver.
May you check another DAW to verify the behaviour...for example free test-version of Reaper or something.
Or check buffer settings inside DAW. May it is to low and causing issues ?
I was thinking of buffer settings. I had removed all the Fractal drivers and reinstalled cleanly. I'll take a close a look of the settings but nothing had changed, only the firmware update and I installed the latest USB drivers, I was using a previous version. So maybe not the firmware, I certainly dont get any issues with the operation of my FM3, all good on that front. I had increased the buffer settings too. I will download another free/trial DAW and see (good suggestion) thank you ! :) I will also try using the ASIO4ALL driver as well, just to rule in our out the Fractal Driver.

I reloaded beta 4 again, same behavior. No sound. I did notice that if I hit the page buttons on the unit more than twice it popped and blanks out, regardless if I hit setup, layout or what have you.

Went back to 5.03, no issue.

Unplugged everything except power and usb, reloaded Beta 4, no issues found this far. Maybe the uploads corrupted, maybe having the FC6 connected did something. Who knows.

Cakewalk Bandlab
Good quality USB leads.

I had the same problem twice. During playback of a Youtube track, the left channel failed. The guitar signal was still fine. After disconnecting the USB connection and then reconnecting, everything worked again.

I’m not sure what Economics even is but I hope Fractal sells a million units so that all this extra stuff they keep doing for us pays off somehow.
These on-going sincere attempts to perfect a product that was already mind-blowing is so above and beyond the asking price.
Maybe if every device owner gets 1 friend to make a purchase it would could come close to re-paying them.
Feeling awfully dirty right now for buying one of the very first “non-technically new“ units to hit Reverb-
but as a newbie I truly didn’t know any better.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom