FM3 Firmware Version 6.00 beta 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Updated to 6.0b4 and it seems that the update reduced my input eq low cut on a Recto1 Red preset. (I had a 200 Hz cut and it went down to 10 or 20 Hz) Could this be correct? (Maybe I missed this in the release notes?)

I've tested Beta4 with my 2x12 cab with Fane Sovereign 250TC at rehearsal and it sounds very clear an defined...
But after reading the posts here I have to check the low-cuts on my presets too...I missed a bit thumb and corrected it via power amp setting or thumb level on FM3 a bit (global performance page)..
So tweaking the presets will sure get back my prefered sound.

Updated to 6.0b4 and it seems that the update reduced my input eq low cut on a Recto1 Red preset. (I had a 200 Hz cut and it went down to 10 or 20 Hz) Could this be correct? (Maybe I missed this in the release notes?)
It s normal.. It s probably the only one or two parameters need to tweak after the update

Fw v6.04, switch 1 doesn't work in any layouts and looks like this. This actually happened a few times on some of the previous firmwares including stable ones, so I am not sure if this is a bug or my unit. I've already reported it a few times.
Restart solves this every time. Should I contact a vendor for the replacement or this is software issue?

Attachments

• IMG_20221130_113723.jpg
    IMG_20221130_113723.jpg
    824.7 KB · Views: 44
Fw v6.04, switch 1 doesn't work in any layouts and looks like this. This actually happened a few times on some of the previous firmwares including stable ones, so I am not sure if this is a bug or my unit. I've already reported it a few times.
Restart solves this every time. Should I contact a vendor for the replacement or this is software issue?
I could not find any thread by you in the "FM3 bugs" forum about that --- is there one?

Updated to 6.04 beta from 5.03. Keeps on frezzing, when I switch bettween some presets, so I have to restart it. Installed 5.03 back for the gigs. Beta not gigable yet!

I could not find any thread by you in the "FM3 bugs" forum about that --- is there one?
I don't think so - I reported it in FW threads because there is no reliable way to repeat this. It just happens. Last time it was SW2 I believe (maybe a couple months ago), this time it is SW1. Literally no idea how to reproduce the issue intentionally. I don't think I reported every time I had this, but it happened at least 5 times in about a year I own the unit.

UPD. @Ingo here you go: https://forum.fractalaudio.com/threads/fm3-firmware-version-5-03.184176/post-2287662

I've seen this blank FC-1 issue one time (FW 6b4), when I powered off the FM3 with the Editor attached via USB and running (Win 10) and then restarted it with the Editor still attached and running , though quitting the Editor and a restart of the FM3 cured it.

I normally quit the Editor first, which likely makes no difference, but it is a Data Point.

Last edited:
For me, the FM3 has always had some glitching issues with layouts and switches being weird. It’s not too bad though overall. Look at what windows was like not long ago. Kind of like that. It gets better with every update. Totally worth it in my opinion. I have never had this much fun playing guitar before.

Updated to 6.04 beta from 5.03. Keeps on frezzing, when I switch bettween some presets, so I have to restart it. Installed 5.03 back for the gigs. Beta not gigable yet!
A quick random comment like this with no detail isn’t helpful…

Post the presets that are causing freezing on the beta. Don’t expect others reports of freezing to have the same cause as yours. Lest the final release come out and your preset issues potentially remain.

This may have been covered already but I'm noticing a different amp model in FM3-Edit vs what I originally selected or what I select directly from the FM3 itself. As an example open a blank preset from FM3-Edit add an amp (i.e Wrecker Express). FM3-Edit will show Wrecker Express in the info bar under the Scenes field, but in the Amp config section the amp Type field shows the 5F1 Tweed amp along with its controls. The FM3 UI correctly shows the Wrecker Express. Choosing a different amp from the FM3 yields a completely different amp in the Amp config section of the FM3-Edit, however the info bar correctly reflects the name of the newly chosen amp.

I'm running FM3-Edit 1.05.11 for 6.00 beta 4 on Windows 10

This may have been covered already but I'm noticing a different amp model in FM3-Edit vs what I originally selected or what I select directly from the FM3 itself. As an example open a blank preset from FM3-Edit add an amp (i.e Wrecker Express). FM3-Edit will show Wrecker Express in the info bar under the Scenes field, but in the Amp config section the amp Type field shows the 5F1 Tweed amp along with its controls. The FM3 UI correctly shows the Wrecker Express. Choosing a different amp from the FM3 yields a completely different amp in the Amp config section of the FM3-Edit, however the info bar correctly reflects the name of the newly chosen amp.

I'm running FM3-Edit 1.05.11 for 6.00 beta 4 on Windows 10
Yes, I have the same issue. FW 6b4, fm-3 edit 1.05.11 win 7

Well I thought I had already performed that task, but you called it correctly - I just needed to run refresh after firmware update. All is well now, please disregard my previous post.

Well I thought I had already performed that task, but you called it correctly - I just needed to run refresh after firmware update. All is well now, please disregard my previous post.
Been there done that. I forget even when I know better. Glad your good to go now.

Reactions: Rex
good evening,
I am French, so I hope the translation will be understandable.
First of all, I wanted to thank the Fractal Audio teams for this enormous work carried out on this version 6 of the firmware. It sounds so good.
However, I have a few minor issues.
When patch or scene changes on my Fm3, the refresh with the editor on pc is no longer done correctly or at least not as fast as before, sometimes not at all. I have to re change patch or scene for it to work. Before I didn't have this problem and I updated my editor.
Second problem: on clean amps I find the output level very low (for example: twin or deluxe reverb he no longer knows what it's called) and if I push the master of the amp block, I clip the output very quickly .
Are these 2 issues known?
thank you in advance ...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom