FM3 Firmware Version 6.00 beta 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
There will be at least 1 more 6.00 beta. I am working on a couple issues now and there are more Amp updates from AxeFx which need to be pulled in.
Really I thought we were even w AX3 21 full release
At present is is more amp stuff from 21?

Fractal folks,

Good morning, went to fire up my FM3 which has been updated to 6b4 for a few days now, and today, got this:

View attachment 111387

Preset had changed to 000 (never use that one) and none of the footswtiches seem to be functioning; flashed to 5r3, same thing, back to 6b4 and now no footswitch illumination. The expression pedals seem to work, the strip at the top of the FC-6 seems to track when I make scene/preset changes through FM-edit, but the footswitches are now out of operation, and the scribble strips (which you can't see really well here) are 3x dashes ( --- ) on the FM-3 and blank on the FC-6.

Prior to just this morning, everything was functioning correctly.

Any tips?
I had a similar issue the other day with my FM3 running Firmware 6b3 and an original FC-12.
No footswitches working, and couldn't load in the default layouts. Was working fine before and I've never had any other issues. I ended up fixing it by restoring from a previous backup.

I downloaded the lastest beta but I cannot find the Brit studio 20 amp. Is there something I did not do?
Are you unable to find it in FM3-Edit? If so, did you download the latest beta for FM3-Edit linked in the first post of this thread? Last, did you use refresh FM3-Edit after updating to the latest beta?

Settings > Refresh After New Firmware

Are you unable to find it in FM3-Edit? If so, did you download the latest beta for FM3-Edit linked in the first post of this thread? Last, did you use refresh FM3-Edit after updating to the latest beta?

Settings > Refresh After New Firmware
I did all of those steps. Now the FM3 edit says fw 6.00 - Beta and the FM3 itself says fw 6.00 beta 4. thats the only questionable aspect at the moment.

I did all of those steps. Now the FM3 edit says fw 6.00 - Beta and the FM3 itself says fw 6.00 beta 4. thats the only questionable aspect at the moment.
1.05.11 is my FM3 Edit version so I should be up to date but I still do not see brit studio 20 in edit or the unit itself.

Can anyone confirm/deny that the sound has changed from beta 3 (some earlier post has said that it was less warm, and more strident in the high end)? I updated to beta 3 when it came out, and absolutely love it, and don't want it to change.

Right, it's the first post of this thread but you should download and use it ONLY if you want to participate in the beta.
Yes, unfortunately you are the only one who can unzip it on your computer.
After opening the latest FM3-Edit which you WILL find on the download page on the Fractal website, go to Tools->Fractal-Bot
View attachment 111521

At this moment you should do a backup (Receive-mode) so that you will be able to get back to a previous state

Then use the Browse button to point where you unzipped the file all by yourself

View attachment 111522

Then press Begin.

It would really help you understand what's happening and what are the steps if you read the manual.
Please @FractalAudio add a "how to beta" page and link in the beta release notes 🤔

Can anyone confirm/deny that the sound has changed from beta 3 (some earlier post has said that it was less warm, and more strident in the high end)? I updated to beta 3 when it came out, and absolutely love it, and don't want it to change.
it will probably be the speaker drive as in the latest round of Axe fx betas there was a change (Cliff has reduced the amount by 50% and the changed it back to how it was) - I think this was between FM3 beta 3 and 4

it will probably be the speaker drive as in the latest round of Axe fx betas there was a change (Cliff has reduced the amount by 50% and the changed it back to how it was) - I think this was between FM3 beta 3 and 4

I think this is correct as well. I heard a perceptible difference between 3 and 4, and saw a similar response earlier in the thread. I had to go back and re-read a few comments in the AXE 21 beta 7 and 8 build threads to see when it changed. To fix this try dropping the speaker drive value in half (2.0 to 1.0 value) and that seems to bring back the tone I was hearing in beta 3, at least to my ears.

Oh.. and Happy Thanksgiving USA!

My main AC20 preset sounds absolutely fantastic. Single notes are fuller and have more weight in the attack. No more high or low cut in the cab block and I was able to remove my 3db High Treble cut as well. Klon in front with level at 7 and drive at .25 sounds so good. The feel really shines with this update. There is a significant thump and attack to the notes that really makes a big difference in my playing experience. Thank you, Fractal Team! Happy Thanksgiving!

It's in the first post:
  • 6.00 beta 4
    • Fix incorrect block bypass under certain circumstances with scene ignore enabled.
    • Amp block up to date with Axe-Fx III Firmware version 21.00 beta 8.
It's always going to change... You can choose to stop updating or accept it :)

Last edited:
Thanks for all the great work on these lovely little units!
I dont know if this has been reported but when using the value wheel to scroll presets it gets stuck at 394 and the unit freezes indefinitely until power cycle. I can reproduce the issue every time, if I select a preset in the list everything is fine :)

EDIT: It freezes when going PAST 394, and I can't clear patch 395 in Fm3-edit, the unit freezes. That patch is pretty standard, I've used it live on previous firmware. Any Ideas?

Last edited:
Thanks for all the great work on these lovely little units!
I dont know if this has been reported but when using the value wheel to scroll presets it gets stuck at 394 and the unit freezes indefinitely until power cycle. I can reproduce the issue every time, if I select a preset in the list everything is fine :)

EDIT: It freezes when going PAST 394, and I can't clear patch 395 in Fm3-edit, the unit freezes. That patch is pretty standard, I've used it live on previous firmware. Any Ideas?
Try to move the 394 and 395 presets or copy them in other positions of the Fm3 memory, using the Edit program in your computer from the Manage presets window. It hapenned to me many times in the past

How’s it possible that with all these new great features and fixes the Fractal team hasn’t fixed the usb buffer bug? I’d imagine it’d be much easier to fix that than to optimize all these algorithms… Please fix this, as it makes it impossible for me and many other people to use the FM3 as an audio interface (and yes, that includes reamping)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom