Let's see those FM9 rigs!

Still work in progress, as I'm going to add a couple more things to the board soon... but here you go:

View attachment 109785

The board is a Rockboard Quad 4.2, the 3 knobs you see underneath belong to a TC Helicon C1 which I use as a mic preamp and pitch correction for my voice, it is powered from the Faslink connector and its output goes to FM9's input 2 for further processing.
That's the board I'm going with as well. I have the Rockboard Vocalist Patchbay to get everything wired up nicely. It has two xlr outs, three TRS, one XLR in, and of course a power jack. RockBoard sells XLR cables that fit through their slats (holes? openings?). The one thing missing that I really like with the Temple boards are the outer handles. I have some that I can put on the RockBoard, but I'm not sure there'll be room on the sides. Here's a link to the patchbay:
https://www.rockboard.de/en/all-in-...for-vocalists-acoustic-players-rbo-b-mod-3-v2

Just out of curiosity, what does your total rig weigh?

That's the board I'm going with as well. I have the Rockboard Vocalist Patchbay to get everything wired up nicely. It has two xlr outs, three TRS, one XLR in, and of course a power jack. RockBoard sells XLR cables that fit through their slats (holes? openings?). The one thing missing that I really like with the Temple boards are the outer handles. I have some that I can put on the RockBoard, but I'm not sure there'll be room on the sides. Here's a link to the patchbay:
https://www.rockboard.de/en/all-in-...for-vocalists-acoustic-players-rbo-b-mod-3-v2

Just out of curiosity, what does your total rig weigh?
If you put an expression pedal there will be no room for handles on the top, actually fm9+ev1 stick a few millimeters off the sides. Their patchbays are handy but I didn't go for one cuz they don't make one with all the I/O I need and it wouldn't have left enough room to place the TC Helicon pedal underneath.
In the end I just drilled a hole for a D-shape xlr connector on the back.

I don't know the weight, I can check it when I go back home in a few days (currently I'm in Milan to see a Porcupine Tree show tonight 😍)

Last edited:
The rig is complete! For now at least. Worked hard on this! @fractalaudiosystems FM9 Turbo is the brains of the board. I have it mounted to a @templeboards Duo 34 alongside two @fractalaudiosystems EV-1 expression pedals. I installed the IEC mod and have it connected it to a Furman AC-215 which is mounted underneath the board. This provides power to both the FM9 and the dual USB-A/USB-C modules for charging devices on stage, and still leaves the option to add LEDs underneath the board. I added a USB-B module to make connecting the FM9 to a computer more convenient. For the I/O I installed four Neutrik XLR mods for Output 1 L+R to send to my onstage monitors & Output 2 L+R sending to FOH. I used @cabletechniques Low Profile XLR connectors and Canare for all of the cables I built (this project required me to learn how to solder!). I also added a locking 1/4” Neutrik mod for connecting my guitar. For patching to Input 1 I used a Low Profile SP-600 connector & Mogami W2524 cable. It’s sitting atop the bottom half of a custom flight case I had built for it. I love the design of the case because all I have to do it remove the top lid and I’m ready to play! I tried to make this rig as tidy and functional as possible and couldn’t be more stoked on the result!

Attachments

• 6.jpeg
    6.jpeg
    170.9 KB · Views: 318
  • 5.jpeg
    5.jpeg
    143.6 KB · Views: 310
  • 4.jpeg
    4.jpeg
    110.1 KB · Views: 304
  • 3.jpeg
    3.jpeg
    106.8 KB · Views: 284
  • 2.jpeg
    2.jpeg
    128.4 KB · Views: 289
  • 1.jpeg
    1.jpeg
    127.6 KB · Views: 300
Impressive, but isn't that too high to step on it? specially top 3 switches? asking as considering to buy custom flight case as you and mount FM9 directly on it.

This is my plan. The board is a Creation Music 32x16 Aero with a 22x6x3.5 bridge from Fix Pedalboards. The bridge will have a D-Panel punch plate with stereo XLR outs, PowerCon power in and USB passthrough. Cioks SOL under the bridge to power my tuner and wireless. The clock is a joke. I have a clock on my board now and my bassist complains it's too small and he can't see it.FM9 Pedalboard mockup.png

Here is my board. Plus the recording rig it controls. I have presets and scenes sending MIDI to select amps via the KHE amp selector and amp channels via the Amp Gizmo. A Captor load box turns the amps into stomp boxes from the FM9's point of view. Exp pedals are Input Volume, Wah, and Delay (type and intensity).

I do use the internal amp models, but I love me some real amps as well. I love that I can switch between them all seamlessly. Live I'm models-only.

FM9 Board.jpgRecording Rack.jpg

Last edited:
The rig is complete! For now at least. Worked hard on this! @fractalaudiosystems FM9 Turbo is the brains of the board. I have it mounted to a @templeboards Duo 34 alongside two @fractalaudiosystems EV-1 expression pedals. I installed the IEC mod and have it connected it to a Furman AC-215 which is mounted underneath the board. This provides power to both the FM9 and the dual USB-A/USB-C modules for charging devices on stage, and still leaves the option to add LEDs underneath the board. I added a USB-B module to make connecting the FM9 to a computer more convenient. For the I/O I installed four Neutrik XLR mods for Output 1 L+R to send to my onstage monitors & Output 2 L+R sending to FOH. I used @cabletechniques Low Profile XLR connectors and Canare for all of the cables I built (this project required me to learn how to solder!). I also added a locking 1/4” Neutrik mod for connecting my guitar. For patching to Input 1 I used a Low Profile SP-600 connector & Mogami W2524 cable. It’s sitting atop the bottom half of a custom flight case I had built for it. I love the design of the case because all I have to do it remove the top lid and I’m ready to play! I tried to make this rig as tidy and functional as possible and couldn’t be more stoked on the result!
That's a beautiful setup. Clean and elegant. Just the way I like my rigs. 👍

Ok sod it! You guys have convinced me to mount everything to one board. I made it a month before a new pedalboard revision. That's gotta be some kind of a record for me lol

Can explain the board, mods and how did you get to pass the iec under the board ?

Thanks, I love this board.

Sure thing.

Temple audio duo 34" board with road case.

Powercon mod for power. Locking connection is a point of failure I don't have to worry about. I also had the powercon power cable from my old rig. It runs into a Y adapter. One end goes to the voodoo mondo (again from my old rig) and the other to the FM9.

I have 2 sets of stereo XLR's. One set for FOH and one set for my FRFR monitors . The third output is a single ¼" jack to run to an amp for gigs where backline is provided.

Should be noted that this isn't the final form but it is close. I'm waiting on some parts and hobbled this together with bits from my old rig.

Any other questions, reach out.

IMG_0205.jpegIMG_0204.jpegIMG_0203.jpegIMG_0202.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom