Let's see those FM9 rigs!

I see a little of him over your left shoulder. That's GOT to be the smallest stage I've ever seen anyone ever play from, and I thought one of our regional dive club stages was small...your's wins hands down...

Here is my simple setup. One expression pedal, one wireless input. TRS output for my FRFR and XLR to FOH.

Future may hold a stereo output for both FRFR and FOH and a second expression pedal now that I have learned all the things that can be controlled with an expression pedal.

28CC7863-0837-402C-B9A0-FD222AEE9607.jpeg

Got my Turbo late last week. This thing is awesome, I've barely scratched the surface of what it's capable of. I plan to use it both as a full blown modeler at gigs going direct, or as FX only when I'm using my tube amps.
I've now got my FM3 as a grab'n'go on a smaller board for bass and guitar.

FM9T Board 1.jpg

FM9T Board 2.jpg

What else do you need...

View attachment 107587
Updated with a large Daddario Xpnd Pedalboard. The case has lots of space in the front pocket.

Also getting back to using my regular cabs. Eventually will get a decent power amp but for now still using the Magnum 44. A friend wants to sell me the Rivera Rockcrusher but do not see any added value (might be wrong) since it is more an attenuator than actual power amp.

Attachments

• FM9 and Laney Cabs.jpg
    FM9 and Laney Cabs.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 97
  • Pedalboard Case.jpg
    Pedalboard Case.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 96
All done! Took a minute to get all the pieces.
Board is a Creation Music 32X16 Aero
Bridge is a 20X6X3.5 FIX Pedalboards Mag Latch Bridge
D-Mount Panel is also from FIX Pedalboards
D-Panel XLR's are Neutrik from Amazon
D-Panel PowerCon and USB are from Amazon
XLR cables I made with Neutrik connectors and Mogami cable from Redco
TS and TRS patch cables are EBS Flat cable
Everything is fastened with 3M Dual Lock SJ3550 & SJ3551Fractal FM9 Finished.JPGFractal FM9 Board Rear.JPGFractal FM9 Board OpenJPG.JPGFractal FM9 Board Patchbay.JPG

All done! Took a minute to get all the pieces.
Board is a Creation Music 32X16 Aero
Bridge is a 20X6X3.5 FIX Pedalboards Mag Latch Bridge
D-Mount Panel is also from FIX Pedalboards
D-Panel XLR's are Neutrik from Amazon
D-Panel PowerCon and USB are from Amazon
XLR cables I made with Neutrik connectors and Mogami cable from Redco
TS and TRS patch cables are EBS Flat cable
Everything is fastened with 3M Dual Lock SJ3550 & SJ3551View attachment 111575View attachment 111576View attachment 111577View attachment 111578
Nice how heavy is it?

Nice how heavy is it?
I don't know. I'll weigh it when the road case comes in.
It's definitely lighter than my previous FX8 on a Pedal Pad board... That weighs a ton!!!

Attachments

• PedalPad Top 2021.JPG
    PedalPad Top 2021.JPG
    430.9 KB · Views: 104
  • PedalPad Front 2021.JPG
    PedalPad Front 2021.JPG
    2.7 MB · Views: 104
  • PedalPad Buffer Bay 2021.JPG
    PedalPad Buffer Bay 2021.JPG
    2.2 MB · Views: 103
I don't know. I'll weigh it when the road case comes in.
It's definitely lighter than my previous FX8 on a Pedal Pad board... That weighs a ton!!!
One of the reasons I'm changing up my board is to lose a little weight! Right now I'm around 35-40 Lbs in the case. My guess is you will easily be in that neighborhood with your new rig. Looks really nice!

Do you have any concerns with the FC6 coming off the top shelf? with nothing underneath the front part of the FC for support it looks like a hard step might be enough to undo the dual lock.

One of the reasons I'm changing up my board is to lose a little weight! Right now I'm around 35-40 Lbs in the case. My guess is you will easily be in that neighborhood with your new rig. Looks really nice!

Do you have any concerns with the FC6 coming off the top shelf? with nothing underneath the front part of the FC for support it looks like a hard step might be enough to undo the dual lock.
Time will tell but it’s pretty rock solid. I can pick up the board from the FC6. I used dual lock 250 mated to 400. The dissimilar interlocking surfaces are very strong. The 250/400 is supposed to be the strongest bond. I’d say the weakest link is the adhesive.

Still the work in progress...my StroboStomp was repositioned slightly closer (lower) to my 1st external switch so that accessing the upper switch was a little easier reach. The StroboStomp serves an an acoustic tuner for either standard, James Taylor sweetened, or DADGAD tuning. My 1st external is Utility: FM9 Tuner w/ Offsets. My 2nd external was programmed as a Bank Inc/Dec with toggle/hold, which freed up FM9 switches #6 and #9 for other uses.

I preferred to let #6 & #9 switches send to layouts 6 and 8. Each subsequent layout 2 thru 8 all have the ability to send to layout 1 (Presets), so there's really no getting lost within OFM9G. It's like having a GPS active at all times that tells you how to find your way around. At the end of the day, it all comes back to how well the FM9 handles the workflow.

6YRrPDl.jpg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom