Let's see those FM9 rigs!

Sure thing.

Temple audio duo 34" board with road case.

Powercon mod for power. Locking connection is a point of failure I don't have to worry about. I also had the powercon power cable from my old rig. It runs into a Y adapter. One end goes to the voodoo mondo (again from my old rig) and the other to the FM9.

I have 2 sets of stereo XLR's. One set for FOH and one set for my FRFR monitors . The third output is a single ¼" jack to run to an amp for gigs where backline is provided.

Should be noted that this isn't the final form but it is close. I'm waiting on some parts and hobbled this together with bits from my old rig.

Any other questions, reach out.

View attachment 111117View attachment 111118View attachment 111119View attachment 111120
I'm working on my FM9 Templeboard build now. How did you get that IEC C19 power cable for the FM9 through that hole? Did you cut and splice the cable? My current plan is to cut a larger hole for the cable to go through, otherwise. I enlarged a couple holes to mount antennas last night (G50 wireless is going to be mounted under the board)

Did you use the Templeboard mounts for the FM9? How easily did that work? I was planning on just using velcro, but I'm unsure about the fan access.

I'm working on my FM9 Templeboard build now. How did you get that IEC C19 power cable for the FM9 through that hole? Did you cut and splice the cable? My current plan is to cut a larger hole for the cable to go through, otherwise. I enlarged a couple holes to mount antennas last night (G50 wireless is going to be mounted under the board)

Did you use the Templeboard mounts for the FM9? How easily did that work? I was planning on just using velcro, but I'm unsure about the fan access.

I did cut and splice the IEC. You can see the 3 connector WAGO connector in one of the photos.

To mount the FM9, the temple stuff wouldn't work so I picked up some slightly longer screws, added a washer, and replaced the ones that are there now. You can see them in one of the photos. I have extra screws if you wanted me to post some to you. The size of the screws is M3.5-0.6 x 16mm.

I did cut and splice the IEC. You can see the 3 connector WAGO connector in one of the photos.

To mount the FM9, the temple stuff wouldn't work so I picked up some slightly longer screws, added a washer, and replaced the ones that are there now. You can see them in one of the photos. I have extra screws if you wanted me to post some to you. The size of the screws is M3.5-0.6 x 16mm.
Very helpful information!

So the screws on the FM9 matched with the holes in the templeboard??? I didn't even think to check if that was possible.

Recently upgraded Duo 34 with side-plate access USB and locking ¼" instrument cable jack.

u9Up20f.jpg

Recently upgraded Duo 34 with side-plate access USB and locking ¼" instrument cable jack.

u9Up20f.jpg
Nice! My 34 should be showing up any day now.The side plates are on back order though so it will be a few before I finish it. Where did you source the big buttons from?

Nice! My 34 should be showing up any day now.The side plates are on back order though so it will be a few before I finish it. Where did you source the big buttons from?
The external buttons were from Barefoot Buttons (https://barefootbuttons.com/product-category/version-2/).

They fit footswitches from Love My Switches (https://lovemyswitches.com/pro-grade-spst-momentary-foot-switch-normally-open-soft-touch-solder-lug/) that were soldered and assembled by hand.

The normally open momentary type switch works for both the toggle and hold function. If for some reason you buy the normally closed switch like I did, you'll need to wait for FAS to upgrade their OS which will allow both toggle and hold for normally closed switches.

The FM9 toppers were Mooer toppers from amazon, as @Deadpool_25 mentioned...

If perhaps you do put in a USB connector jack purchased from amazon, be prepared for some modification that will need to occur with the side plate. The USB connector required some filing with a metal file that was needed. Below is an image of how the USB access hole looked once the metal filing was completed. The blue rectangular region represents what was filed with a round metal file. The circular blue region was what existed previously.

1668707161568.png

If perhaps you do put in a USB connector jack purchased from amazon, be prepared for some modification that will need to occur with the side plate. The USB connector required some filing with a metal file that was needed. Below is an image of how the USB access hole looked once the metal filing was completed. The blue rectangular region represents what was filed with a round metal file. The circular blue region was what existed previously.

View attachment 111293
Buyers Alert: If one buys a Neutrik NAUSB-W-B Panel Mount Reversible USB GenderChanger Type AB Black Adapter from amazon, and you reverse the inputs (it is possible), you will not need sand or file either the connector or access plate.

Will be making the correction for my board with a new access plate and Neutrik connector so as to avoid the appearance of shoddy workmanship. (It helps me feel better when things are done correctly, so as to not leave you sighing over my ineptness.)

Buyers Alert: If one buys a Neutrik NAUSB-W-B Panel Mount Reversible USB GenderChanger Type AB Black Adapter from amazon, and you reverse the inputs (it is possible), you will not need sand or file either the connector or access plate.

Will be making the correction for my board with a new access plate and Neutrik connector so as to avoid the appearance of shoddy workmanship. (It helps me feel better when things are done correctly, so as to not leave you sighing over my ineptness.)
Can you post a pic to show what the difference looks like?

Can you post a pic to show what the difference looks like?
I will actually remove the former access plate along with the QIANRENON USB B to A D Panel Mount Connector (the connector that caused the filing/sanding) and replace it with a new access plate and Neutrik reversible USB. It'll be Monday or Tuesday before the parts arrive. Will post images of the removed old USB jack and the plate...

I will actually remove the former access plate along with the QIANRENON USB B to A D Panel Mount Connector (the connector that caused the filing/sanding) and replace it with a new access plate and Neutrik reversible USB. It'll be Monday or Tuesday before the parts arrive. Will post images of the removed old USB jack and the plate...
Still waiting on all my parts to show up. I had the low profile XLR's show up yesterday. Just tracked the Sweetwater package and they will be here when I get home from work! :p

I have a power mod that I think i'm going to do not positive yet, but I thinking about running another switched power socket on the other side of the board so I have the option of running power from either side and/or powering up my monitors right there at the board, I will have to make up a cord with 2 female ends for it. Still looking at the USB panel mounts I want to definitely have those for the convince. I have both an iPad and iPhone and thanks to Apple they both have a different charge port. So I get to have 3 USB charging ports because I want to have a standard USB port as well.

Back
Top Bottom