Axe-Fx Firmware Version 21.00 Public Beta #4 (Beta 4)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Exactly. There should be a Tone page and then a "Tweaks" page. The Tweaks page would contain things that the amp doesn't have but could be modified to have, like a Depth control or a Bright Cap, etc.

Oh sooooo much exactly this!!!! If this makes it less of a headache for you, that's beautiful icing on the cake!! It would make that entire process so much more intuitive, to my workflow and process anyhow.

The redundancy with some controls being in "Ideal" and other places, and other controls in "Ideal" are only offered in Ideal and not other tabs was not intuitive for me at all. Turning "Ideal" into "Tweaks" and removing redundancy of controls there would be....dare I say....ideal. ;)

Which got me thinking about those that love the Ideal page....perhaps someday there could be an added tab, maybe called Custom, that contains X number of "slots" which would allow users to select functions from a pulldown menu, giving the ability to create a customized layout from all available controls which are their most used tweaks and controls, and save it. Maybe just a single global tab, or per preset if possible. Just thinking outloud since we're talking about interface changes. It'd be an option to further streamline workflow for sure.

At the end if the day, there just aren't words for proper expression of the thanks and admiration I have for this glorious platform. It truly is a monumental achievement I'm grateful for every single day.

Which got me thinking about those that love the Ideal page....perhaps someday there could be an added tab, maybe called Custom, that contains X number of "slots" which would allow users to select functions from a pulldown menu, giving the ability to create a customized layout from all available controls which are their most used tweaks and controls, and save it. Maybe just a single global tab, or per preset if possible. Just thinking outloud since we're talking about interface changes. It'd be an option to further streamline workflow for sure.
Without the pull down menu, this is what the Performance pages do, both Global and Per-Preset. ;)
10 parameters in each page.

Those would stay as well. Only things that don't do anything would go. Another example is, again, an AC-20. The amp has no Depth control and the control on the model does nothing.
I say go for it! Nobody should complain about stuff disappearing that did nothing anyway. I bet a few would though! "They" certainly walk among us. LOL It may help reduce "option paralysis" when staring at a screen as well! ; )

Without the pull down menu, this is what the Performance pages do, both Global and Per-Preset. ;)
10 parameters in each page.
Oh FFS brother, I swear I learn something completely new everytime I open my yap!! Thanks a LOT for the tip, sure enough there it is staring me right in the face!! Of course Cliff has already put this together and implemented it!! :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy:

Thanks again brother, the endless AxeFx grin lives on!

I tweak solely from the ideal page, although I may check the amp page for reference just to see what the amp looks like stock... I definitely see the point in not having a knob visible that doesn't do anything to ease confusion, but I do like having all our options on one page for the amp.

I appreciate all the work you do for us and recognize it's a labor of love

Here's a brief article on Plate Suppressor (flyback) diodes:
https://paul1179.wordpress.com/2016/03/27/flyback-diodes/

The author doesn't quite fully understand how they work but it shows the connection and gives the basics.
I built an Express clone and put those in, just because they were in the schematic, never knew about the fizz reduction, just figured they were for protection.

I know the fizz is probably perfectly accurately modeled, but I just always felt like I was getting more than I heard in clips from other users, not sure why.

Mud’s clip sounds like what I was hearing with my presets, this firmware seems to have a kitchen sink full of changes that are really making a difference for me. I just needed to shave a little off and this did it. I played my ass off tonight because I could get everything I wanted. Couldn’t be happier.

should we make a poll thread just to see general thoughts? with all the work toward the Authentic page over the past years, i personally never use Ideal. i'd guess some like the extra controls at times.

but i think the Axe platform seems to be going in a certain direction and the Ideal page doesn't contribute to that...

i'd love to know how many people use Ideal purposefully to get something the Authentic page doesn't offer.
I use it very rarely, and would happily switch to a “Tweaks” page instead. I makes no sense maintaining controls that don’t do anything.

Last edited:
I use it very rarely, and would happily switch to a “Tweaks” page instead. I makes no sense maintaining controls that don’t do anything.
I spent a couple of days, a couple of years ago, creating a chart of which parameters were active on which models. All of the controls in the Ideal page are used throughout the amp models but there are some models that have controls deactivated. The 'rub' has been that there is no designation to show whether they're active or not and those who don't know they work in other amp models wonder why they're even there.

I am wholeheartedly in support of having a 'Tweaks' page that has consistency between the amp models.

I love the idea of having a Tweaks Page.
I really hate when I actually thing I make something in the ideal page and think by placebo that "it sounds better"

Also I love to have the "Jose Mod"/Fractal Saturation switch in the Friedman BE page and turn it into a JBE for example. It way better than having a whole new model.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom