Axe-Fx Firmware Version 21.00 Public Beta #4 (Beta 4)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I vote to keep the Ideal page. I might be in the minority, but to me it's awesome to have the ability to tweak in that way.
Agreed- I only use the ideal page - why be limited by what controls the Amp Designer used? They were driven by cost restrictions the virtual amps aren’t.

Would the tweaks page have the main amp controls on it? Or would we need to jump between authentic and tweaks to adjust for example drive then low cut?

Last edited:
+1 for the Tweaks page. No more duplicate controls and controls that do nothing.

Idealists lose nothing, they only have to access multiple pages for the controls (they already have to, for example for selecting the SIC), while Tweakers don't get confused anymore because of controls that don't do anything.

I vote to keep the Ideal page. I might be in the minority, but to me it's awesome to have the ability to tweak in that way.
My understanding of the idea isn't to remove any controls completely, it's just a reorganization.

-The Authentic page would have only the controls that exist on the real amp.

- The Tweaks page would contain any additional controls that apply to each specific model.

Net would be a clean separation between the real-world controls and any other extended options Cliff can provide, and there wouldn't be any controls that don't actually work.

So to be clear, the tweaks page would be the actual ideal page minus parameters which don't act on the actual model?
That's not how I interpret what was said by Cliff in post #94:

"There should be a Tone page and then a "Tweaks" page. The Tweaks page would contain things that the amp doesn't have but could be modified to have, like a Depth control or a Bright Cap, etc."

That's not how I interpret what was said by Cliff in post #94:

"There should be a Tone page and then a "Tweaks" page. The Tweaks page would contain things that the amp doesn't have but could be modified to have, like a Depth control or a Bright Cap, etc."
In other words, all the ideal options that have actually been implemented for the given amp, and none of the options that don’t do anything. Sounds like a win to me.

Genuin question: the flubiness is gone and we don’t need low cuts in cab block (and input eq aswell?). Great that is!

But is that authentic for lets say the Rectifiers? I’ve never owned a Rectifier nor played one so I can only rely on what others says but everyone says the Rectifier are some flubby bastards when pushed.

Please enlight me!

Edit: just also want to add in that the beta sounds very very good. Incredible!

Genuin question: the flubiness is gone and we don’t need low cuts in cab block (and input eq aswell?). Great that is!

But is that authentic for lets say the Rectifiers? I’ve never owned a Rectifier nor played one so I can only rely on what others says but everyone says the Rectifier are some flubby bastards when pushed.

Please enlight me!

Edit: just also want to add in that the beta sounds very very good. Incredible!
Most high gain heads are flubby pushed because the gain comes from the preamp, not poweramp. If you push a 5150 or recto or blabla into power amp breakup, it wont make a tone most high gain players are after. Power amp drive would be like a cranked plexi or jcm800.

It’s a free experiment with the axefx, dime the output on a recto model and adjust gain to taste.

Biggest problem with the Authentic + Tweaks UI redesign is that it probably means this release will be delayed to implement it, and from what everyone has been saying saying about how it sounds, I can hardly wait!!!

I will never tire of writing these “thank you” notes … and Cliff, the innovations you’re talking about for future release sound fantastic.

I blink, and find I missed two betas! The evolution of the Axe-FX is a constant joy … makes me wish I was a “real” guitarist. But it’s helping with that, too!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom