Software FracPad III - iOS/Android/Mac/Win Editor for the Axe-Fx II/XL/XL+, AX8/FX8, Axe-Fx III and FM3/FM9

Third party software for Fractal Audio products.
The problem is not my code the problem is which apple device will not break anything when a new iOS version is released ? The answer is none, Crapple continues to release untested iOS versions, break midi communications or other things...
So i don't know, i really don't give any look at apple devices at all, no time to loose with high priced bad devices...
Now if you still wanna stay on iOS, i guess any iPad will work, unless it's an old one (needs to support 64 bits, because Crapple forces 64 bits apps now)
I have ipads but also have an amazon Fire HD10 tablet...would this be better to use?

1; Trouble loading cabs, incorrect cabs loading, not the ones selected on cabs page.
2. Cannot find any Legacy Cabs.
3. When allowing cab names to be read, does one need to do each page separately? i.e. Factory 1, Factory 2, User, Legacy...
I just downloaded fracpad on 08/08/2022 so I have latest version and am using FM3 5.03. Using a Roland UM-ONE mk2 and camera connection kit to connect to iPad.

1; Trouble loading cabs, incorrect cabs loading, not the ones selected on cabs page.
3. When allowing cab names to be read, does one need to do each page separately? i.e. Factory 1, Factory 2, User, Legacy...
I just downloaded fracpad on 08/08/2022 so I have latest version and am using FM3 5.03. Using a Roland UM-ONE mk2 and camera connection kit to connect to iPad.
Hi,
1 -I could reproduce the bug, i guess you mean "selecting by example a user cab while the bank parameter is set to factory does not move the bank parameter to user", will try to fix this
2 - Probably related to the bug 1
3 - All the cabs are read at the same time and presented together, will see if i can present them in banks like in AxeEdit

Last edited:
All fixed in upcoming release (just waiting for FM9 3.00 firmware release)

Just purchased this software on iOS on a whim to try with my FM9 and my old iPad2 mini and I’m quite impressed! Well done @AlGrenadine !

One thing that maybe I’m missing, and I read through as much of this thread as I could to try to find an answer, but in Fracpad all the blocks in the grid appear visually to be active, even when they are actually bypassed. Is there a setting I might be missing somewhere? I was hoping it would display bypassed blocks as bypassed somehow, so that I could use it as a true visual reference in addition to my unit.

Other than this, I’m pretty amazed by this and this will be a huge help to me when I’m out playing and not hooked into my computer at home.

Just purchased this software on iOS on a whim to try with my FM9 and my old iPad2 mini and I’m quite impressed! Well done @AlGrenadine !

One thing that maybe I’m missing, and I read through as much of this thread as I could to try to find an answer, but in Fracpad all the blocks in the grid appear visually to be active, even when they are actually bypassed. Is there a setting I might be missing somewhere? I was hoping it would display bypassed blocks as bypassed somehow, so that I could use it as a true visual reference in addition to my unit.

Other than this, I’m pretty amazed by this and this will be a huge help to me when I’m out playing and not hooked into my computer at home.
Yes it's already fixed in upcoming release
It's a bug in the fm9 midi protocole i had to workaround...

FracPad 3.44 is available :
  • AxeFx III firmware 20.04b1 support
  • FM9 firmware 3.00 support. Please note this is now the minimum firmware version required for FM9 operating in FracPad
  • FM9 bypass states are now correctly synced
  • Cab block bank/slot access is fixed on AxeFx III/FM3/FM9

Last edited:
I have the 'Confirm Save/Revert' option checked in the settings of Fracpad iOS/iPad. When I try to save or revert a preset the GUI hangs up. However if I put Fracpad in the background by pressing 'Home' button on the iPad and then bring Fracpad back to the foreground a "Confirm save yes/no" sort of dialog appears in the center of the screen. However, the buttons are non-responsive. I have to quit the application (double-tap home button and swipe the app away).

If I don't have the Confirm Save/Revert setting enabled, saving and reverting feature works fine. I'm new to AxeFX, so would rather have the confirmation dialog if possible. Has anyone else seen this, is there a workaround that lets me keep the option enabled, etc?

Let me know if there's a more appropriate forum for Fracpad tech support. I came to this thread via the Wiki article on Fracpad

Details on the system:
FracPad 3.40, iOS 15.1 on iPad (9th gen)
AxeFX 3 mk2, firmware 17.02. Problem also occurs in 17.01 and 16.04. I've never tried 17.0
Problem occurs with both bluetooth and USB connection.

Thanks
Sorry for the late reply,
I couldn't reproduce on my iPad Air 2 with FracPad 3.45, it behaves correctly

FracPad 3.44 is available :
  • AxeFx III firmware 20.04b1 support
  • FM9 firmware 3.00 support. Please note this is now the minimum firmware version required for FM9 operating in FracPad
  • FM9 bypass states are now correctly synced
  • Cab block bank/slot access is fixed on AxeFx III/FM3/FM9
    All fixed in upcoming release (just waiting for FM9 3.00 firmware release)
    Just logged in for the first time after being away on vacation, and all cabs are banked and named properly. You Are a man of your word, thank you:)

I'm having trouble getting fracpad lite to recognize my FM9, is there something I have to do to set it up? It appears in fracpad as a midi device but isn't connecting over USB, and if I try to connect over midi the logs show MIDI_ERROR_MSG_NOT_RECOGNIZED. I'm on an M1 ipad pro if it matters

Edited to add that I now see fracpad lite is several versions behind. Anyone know if the full version works on the ipad pro/FM9 combo? I was hoping to test it with the lite version first

I'm having trouble getting fracpad lite to recognize my FM9, is there something I have to do to set it up? It appears in fracpad as a midi device but isn't connecting over USB, and if I try to connect over midi the logs show MIDI_ERROR_MSG_NOT_RECOGNIZED. I'm on an M1 ipad pro if it matters

Edited to add that I now see fracpad lite is several versions behind. Anyone know if the full version works on the ipad pro/FM9 combo? I was hoping to test it with the lite version first
Mmm i think FracPad lite didn't get updated for ios and new FM9 sysex. Does it work with FracPad mac/Win version?

Back
Top Bottom