Def Leppard On Jimmy Kimmel - Off Air Peformance

Here's a photo of the rigs from backstage at Kimmel!

View attachment 102595
And there it is - THE best power amp to match with a JMP1 - the Marshall Monoblock 100/100

@Admin M@ - you need to convince Cliff to to borrow my Monoblock 100/100 and use it to update the JMP1 amps with that power section. It's SOOOO good with the JMP1. I'm local to Fractal....I could have it there tomorrow!

When the critics and haters have their own platinum albums, signature guitars, world tours and residency in Vegas, I might consider thinking about giving a little weight to their opinions.
Shoot, 90% of guitarists I meet have never even recorded their own album 🤷‍♂️

I love my axe3, that is not a good guitar sound for a band that has unlimited choices, I'm sorry if no one agrees, that's just very thin and schreechy. Wow, and I thought I wasn't good at dialing in tones. I do not understand his trying to pick faster than what even sounds good. Sounds forced and very uncreative, almost like someone adding in chops on a youtube video play along. Rant over
That is exactly what I thought too.

Is that the heaviest tune Def has released in over 30 years?

Crowd says, "Hell yes!"

2 guitar solos in one song? OMFG! What's wrong with them? I can't decide if they are sick or healed
of a sickness that plagued them for 30+ years? :)

Excellent - not sure if anyone caught Brett's vid on the Goat Distortion Generator pedal a few days ago - nice to see a Rockman Rig clone pedal finally getting finalized in terms of wider availability.

I watched a video on the GOAT they say the cleans on it don't compare to the real rockman because of patents

I watched a video on the GOAT they say the cleans on it don't compare to the real rockman because of patents
is it still Dunlop that owns the Rockman rights? seems a shame whoever owns that now does not leverage it into some pedals/amps/sims ... as it's a sound many players want. I have the Amplitube X100 sim which is kinda cool but I've never played any real rockman stuff so dunno about how accurate it is.

When the critics and haters have their own platinum albums, signature guitars, world tours and residency in Vegas, I might consider thinking about giving a little weight to their opinions.
A differing opinion than yours doesn't make me a 'hater'. I prefaced my opinion by stating "I love Def Leopard"...and I do!

What makes you think that you giving any weight to an opinion means anything to everyone? You're optimizing the state of the world these days with the attitude that if someone doesn't agree with 'groupthink' they're haters.

A differing opinion than yours doesn't make me a 'hater'. I prefaced my opinion by stating "I love Def Leopard"...and I do!

What makes you think that you giving any weight to an opinion means anything to everyone? You're optimizing the state of the world these days with the attitude that if someone doesn't agree with 'groupthink' they're haters.
Relax, no need to take things personally or go on the attack. I didn't offer an opinion and don't presume to think that my opinion about opinions will cause others opinions to change.

Cool...it's still ok to agree to disagree then.

Actually, I usually enjoy your posts.

Whilst I have an opinion on that particular performance, it takes nothing away from the respect I have for DL's track record and the way they handled a major crisis within the band.

I think what we are hearing , is front house mix, and the ear monitors sound Wonderfull
I would of added more effect to joes vocals and backed off Phil's guitar ,sounded cool to me :cool:

Reactions: GBM
I love a handful of Def Leppard songs, but they lost me after the Hysteria album. I tried to listen, but the style changed so much at a certain point I just couldn't hang with them at all. To my ears it just sounded like the soundtrack to commercials, in the worst way. I totally think people should put out whatever music they feel, but to me it would've been way cooler if they just changed the band name at that point.

But if I go back and listen to Foolin' or Bringin' on the Heartbreak (I guess I'm partial to songs with apostrophes), I think they're an awesome and cool band. Hell, when I think about a song like Women, that just has such a great feel to it, it makes me feel all warm inside. And the end of Gods of War is like the most awesome clean part of a really heavy thrash band. Man, to think of how awesome some of the stuff they've done was.

So I want to listen to more by them, but every time I've tried past the '80s, I just can't deal with it.

One of my favorite bands, Heavy Pettin, came up around the same time and was always compared to them, which, during the '80s, I think, was a compliment in a way. The difference to me is Heavy Pettin's singer made the worst choices in his vocal tone, but they played with a ton of raw attitude, whereas Def Leppard, no matter what, was more polished than that, good or bad.

I vehemently disagree that money, success, chart-topping, fame, Las Vegas residencies, or anything related to those things makes any musician more or less competent, able to tell what good tone or playing, or just plain good. I just think it's totally unrelated. By those measures, Celine Dion must be the most soulful, powerful, and real musician, able to move the most stoic soul, but I'll take Jason Becker for that title any day.

Back to Def Leppard and these videos, I'm trying to work myself up to watching them, but it's a tough one for me.

Back
Top Bottom