Axe-Fx III Firmware Version 20.00 Public Beta (Beta 4)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here’s a question I know I should know the answer to but I don’t……lol…..the release notes refer to resetting the amp block…..
How do you reset a block using Axe-Edit? I see the “reset channel “menu item…..do you reset the block 1 channel at a time?

Well, this is a milestone. The updates keep coming so consistently and reliably that sometimes, I neglect to say “thank you …”

But to Cliff and everyone on the Fractal team, my sincere thanks. I’ve never owned a hardware or software product that receives support comparing to what you all continue to provide. It’s amazing, you’re amazing, I’m amazed. My Axe-FX III is pure joy in a box.

Last edited:
sweet update! Thank you thank you thank you!

The Dynamic Distortion should be really cool when messing with routing synths through the axe fx, can't wait to try it out!

Thanks for this great update! Quickly tried it and the new speaker drive adds something quite nice, especially on edge-of-breakup tones.
The dynamic distortion is really cool, I still haven't understood how it works exactly but I know I want modifiers capability on the frequency parameter, lots of cool sounds when you move that knob while playing... PLEASE!!

You guys are the best! I can't wait to test the new speaker drive algo, especially for my Princeton presets. Also, thanks for the impressively fast turnaround on getting the scene ignore fixed for the amp block.

RE: Dynamic distortion, is it me or are the values reversed? Depth boost cuts, Depth cut boosts, Mid boost cuts, Mid cut boosts, etc.
The graph shows cut on boost selections and boost on cut selections. Could be me, but I installed the new AXE Edit and refreshed.

RE: Dynamic distortion, is it me or are the values reversed? Depth boost cuts, Depth cut boosts, Mid boost cuts, Mid cut boosts, etc.
The graph shows cut on boost selections and boost on cut selections. Could be me, but I installed the new AXE Edit and refreshed.

I was thinking the same thing ...

Do we do an amp block reset with this firmware? I’m guessing yes, but someone else said that he was told that we don’t.

If I got it right the graph represents what's being fed to the distortion, so a boost on the low end makes the lows distort more but at the same time the output level of the lows will be lower since they clip "sooner" than other frequencies.

Only when the release notes advise to do so. And in this case they don't.
If I'm not mistaken though, the default value for speaker drive for new amp blocks or when you reset the block is 2, but existing amp blocks created before this firmware will have 0. Same is true for amp blocks saved to the library before this firmware.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom