Axe-Fx III Firmware Version 20.00 Public Beta (Beta 4)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm noticing a hickup/gap (I would guess about 100ms after the midi message) when using midi to switch between two presets on different scenes (e.g preset 400 scene 3 to preset 402 scene 4) and even different scenes within the same preset. Rolled back to 19.08 and the issue is gone. Retested with 20b4 and the hiccup remains. In either case (across presets or across scenes) there are changes to multiple channels. I do not experience the hiccup when changing presets or scenes in AxEdit.

I'll try to reprogram my control (Liquidfoot12+) to see if there are certain IA messages that cause the issue, but it seems odd that in 19.08 there is no issue.

presets attached

Attachments

• 20 beta switching gap.syx
    48.2 KB · Views: 3
  • beta switching gap 2nd preset.syx
    48.2 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:
I'm noticing a hickup/gap (I would guess about 100ms after the midi message) when using midi to switch between two presets on different scenes (e.g preset 400 scene 3 to preset 402 scene 4) and even different scenes within the same preset. Rolled back to 19.08 and the issue is gone. Retested with 20b4 and the hiccup remains. In either case (across presets or across scenes) there are changes to multiple channels. I do not experience the hiccup when changing presets or scenes in AxEdit.

I'll try to reprogram my control (Liquidfoot12+) to see if there are certain IA messages that cause the issue, but it seems odd that in 19.08 there is no issue.

presets attached
Can't replicate here. Must be something the LF12+ is sending.

I’ve been experimenting with dynamic distortion in series in front of the amp block (sounds awesome!) and I am getting a really loud zippering/popping sound as I turn the bias knob in Axe Edit. I hear it consistently through the full range of values.

It’s also noticeable with the drive knob but not as loud. Ditto with gain knob but it’s really faint.

Not as pronounced if I move the block after the amp and cab but still hearing it.

Levels are good all around with no clipping.

Apologies if this has been noted already I didn’t find it.

Last edited:
I’ve been experimenting with dynamic distortion in series in front of the amp block (sounds awesome!) and I am getting a really loud zippering/popping sound as I turn the bias knob. I hear it consistently through the full range of values.

It’s also noticeable with the drive knob but not as loud. Ditto with gain knob but it’s really faint.

Not as pronounced if I move the block after the amp and cab but still hearing it.

Levels are good all around with no clipping.

Apologies if this has been noted already I didn’t find it.

I can't remember if I heard that too, but I wouldn't worry about it. The only parameters where that will matter are ones that you can attach to modifiers, where you might, e.g. be sweeping that value with a pedal. I think Cliff's probably always testing for and designing modifiers around avoiding that, but for something that can't move during a performance anyway, the zippering wouldn't really affect anything negatively. My jackass layman's guess is probably the bias is more CPU intensive than the other parameters, so it just can't act as smoothly realtime. Again, jackass conjecture here. 😁

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom