Axe-Fx Firmware Release Version 17.01 Public Beta

Added 10 FullRes IRs to the Legacy bank provided by Valhallir and York Audio. These are at the end of the bank. These can be loaded into the IR Player blocks or into Slots 3 and 4 of the Cabinet blocks. Note that Slots 1 and 2 of the Cabinet blocks do not support FullRes.
This is just above and beyond. I had given up on using these on my Mark I. Now, I will definitely use them when I can. Thanks Cliff

Those new reverbs sound so good, many thanks for this nice addition to the reverb block, that's an amazing gift alone :)

possible bug :

when looking for right IR’s in cab block, while it’s pinned (hope this is the right word), it’s not possible to use keyboard arrows to audition IR’s anymore.

I have to use the mouse to change it to hear the different IR.
keyboard arrows highlights the choosen IR’s, but without change in sound.

Who can confirm ?

Last edited:
Hey Cliff, I think I have found a bug.
If I use the multiplexier with input 1 as the source, I lose all output signal, output leds go to full, and I need to reboot my mk1.

I found that this only happens when the multiplexer is connected to the rest of my signal chain, all the way to output1.
An unconnected multiplexer with input 1 as source doesn't lock up my unit.
Removing the reverb & pitch blocks from the chain doesn't help - the behaviour was the same.

Attached is my playground preset where I found the bug.
I do have a modifer on the input select of the modifer in this preset, but that is optional for the bug to trigger.

@FractalAudio
@FractalAudio

The same problem ist happening here: Outputs 1+2 show full red if I touch certain presets.
I need to call an empty preset and switch the unit off and on to recover to a safe haven.

I was just about to figure out which condition is causing the problem when I read the post of @Callan.

Please, find a sample preset in 17.01b4 attached.

EDIT: @FractalAudio , sorry Cliff, I missed that you already confirmed this issue before. I would not make unnecessary noise …. 😉

Attachments

• VibroP90.syx
    48.2 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:
@FractalAudio

The same problem ist happening here: Outputs 1+2 show full red if I touch certain presets.
I need to call an empty preset and switch the unit off and on to recover to a safe haven.

I was just about to figure out which condition is causing the problem when I read the post of @Callan.

Please, find a sample preset in 17.01b4 attached.
I can confirm this (Outputs 1+2 show full red) and a POP with the preset posted in this thread: https://forum.fractalaudio.com/threads/red-barchetta-rush-cover-alex-lifeson-preset-🎼🎸.172315/ A power cycle is the only way I can revive the unit.

Ok, the clicking/static artifacts in the Reverb block are happening on all the reverb types in the Beta, not just the pitch shifted ones.

To recreate, pull up any reverb type, set mix to 100%, turn time up and size down. Hit a big chord and let it decay. It seems to do it more on low notes.

Edit: This is on a MK1 btw if that matters.
I don't hear or measure this. Be aware that long times and small size are not naturally occurring so you will get excessive flutter on transients just as you would in a real space that had very low acoustic absorption (if you could find one).

The pitch shifting in the reverb block is a really nice addition! Thanks Cliff!

I've read on and experimented with stuff for years trying to get great ambient sounds. Now it's almost too easy, just drop a reverb, plex delay and you're there. Of course optional delays, pitch and other effects can take you "places no man has gone before". Big (turbo) fun :)

I have a possible bug with the Chorus block, creating clicking audio artifacts.
I have isolated the issue, with just an input, chorus, output block (preset attached), on a Mk 1 with 17.01 beta 4 and latest AxeEdit 1.10.02.
If clicking does not start right away, it will appear while switching through different types of the effect. It seems to happen mostly with the warm stereo type, but remains after that. Hope this helps

Attachments

• Chorus.syx
    48.2 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:
possible bug :

when looking for right IR’s in cab block, while it’s pinned (hope this is the right word), it’s not possible to use keyboard arrows to audition IR’s anymore.

I have to use the mouse to change it to hear the different IR.
keyboard arrows highlights the choosen IR’s, but without change in sound.

Who can confirm ?

Can confirm. Same with presets. That actually started before this update for me.

my first effort to attempt to integrate the III and FM9 (for now, just connected via SPDIF ) with as many fullRes slots as I got in my V1 III....trying to put any more FX onto the III than illustrated resulted in the official AxeEdit refusal to include message...those rooms definitely eat up the CPU...but boy does it sound great between my ears with a set of Sennheiser800 HD cans...and looks like I could throw some more preE92379F0-03A6-4DD7-9C4E-1742F3286812.jpeg FX on the FM9....

Simply amazing like Christmas over and over amazing product and support - best of the best here folks :) thank you

Back
Top Bottom