Axe-Fx III Firmware Release Version 16.03

This is madness.

This is not a slight against other modeling companies, but if I were a dedicated user of other products, it would be hard for me to not have a “grass is greener” feeling when seeing the constant stream of updates on the undisputed King of the Mountain. Having those updates trickle down to the little brother would only intensify that feeling.
When someone says "the grass is greener" I usually tell them it's because the dog shits over there😂

However it's not the case in Fractal's yard...the grass is actually greener.
😜🤘

It seems like nothing is impossible for Cliff and this machine. It’s like the whole guitar industry - except the guitars, strings and cables (and of course a few other things) - in a box.
amazing engineering - I have been with the 3 from the start and the evolution of this machine over the years is beyond expectations.
Happy to be part of the user community. Keep up the wizardry Cliff. 👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻😃

You said, "FAS' updates just improve the overall experience, while the other brand(s) might release a bunch of new algorithms and models"

There are only 2 new amp models and 2 new cabs in HX 3.0, and they still haven't updated their amp modeling algorithms. The bulk of HX 3.0 relates to effects. And HX 3.0 was released in February of last year.
Ah; yes, you misunderstood, and it's my fault; I apologize. I didn't mean "just" as in "only," I meant it holistically, (read: wonderfully) meaning that in addition to the addition of new models, they make the over all experience of using the unit a pleasure and improve the algorithms, never resting on their laurels. The sentence could have read, "FAS' updates wonderfully improve the overall experience, while the other brand(s) only release a bunch of new algorithms." I also would never debate that FAS has more models, I was just citing a single HX FW release.
If someone's going to compare this update to Line 6's, I'm not going to let that slide.
I guess my tone didn't come across, because I was praising FAS and trying to make it clear they lead the way despite the potential arguments that they might not :tonguewink:

Ah; yes, you misunderstood, and it's my fault; I apologize. I didn't mean "just" as in "only," I meant it holistically, (read: wonderfully) meaning that in addition to the addition of new models, they make the over all experience of using the unit a pleasure and improve the algorithms, never resting on their laurels. The sentence could have read, "FAS' updates wonderfully improve the overall experience, while the other brand(s) only release a bunch of new algorithms." I also would debate that FAS has more models, I was just citing a single FW release.

I guess my tone didn't come across, because I was praising FAS and trying to make it clear they lead the way despite the potential arguments that they might not :tonguewink:
Thanks for the clarification.

I haven’t been able to play the axe3 in 2 or 3 months now because we are building a house and have seen delays. Haven’t played Cygnus or the new presets and new updates keep coming. My stuff is in storage and I am dying to play. We finally close tomorrow and move in on Friday! It will be like Christmas x2..
I am in the same situation, but instead made the Axe FX a focal point in between homes. It's perfect for the studio in the corner of a bedroom thing!

I think there might be a bug with the SV-1 bass model in the new firmware 16.03, I'm hearing a high pitch squeal whenever the headroom on the amp model reaches zero. Unfortunately I got my Axe FX 3 mainly for live use so I don't have a recording chain fully setup yet, but I'll try to see if I can potentially capture some audio if needed. Doesn't seem to be affecting any other of the bass models that I've tested, just the SV-1. Signal chain I'm testing with is Input 1 -> Amp 2 -> Output 1 with SV-1 at stock settings, with there being a parallel path with Amp 1 disabled. I had basically made a scene where each amp channel had a bass amp to test all of the models, and I switch between them using the default scenes layout on the FC12.

EDIT: Realized I had my dual amp messed up, both blocks were set to through and not mute. Here's the preset in question, scene 5 is the one with the noise. Still have the issues with the bypass in mute. No issues in a separate preset with only one amp block, so potentially an issue with dual amp blocks
Confirmed. I have already fixed this and will post a new firmware before the weekend.

I haven't installed this yet, but I meant to ask this question on the previous fw thread: is there any specific reason why the presets that used to use the tweed deluxe now default to tweed deluxe jumpered?

Note if you're using GLOBAL delays blocks:

The delay time in your existing presets may be off after updating the firmware. That's because the new MASTER TIME parameter is set to 25%. Simply increasing MASTER TIME to 100% solves this.
Yep, I ran into that and had to reset that in my global delay blocks

When someone says "the grass is greener" I usually tell them it's because the dog shits over there😂

However it's not the case in Fractal's yard...the grass is actually greener.
😜🤘

I learned a while back, due to a relationship issue, that the grass is always greener where it gets watered.

It’s certainly the case in point within the context of modeler updates and 9x out of 10, is the case in point in relationships as well!

I learned a while back, due to a relationship issue, that the grass is always greener where it gets watered.

It’s certainly the case in point within the context of modeler updates and 9x out of 10, is the case in point in relationships as well!
I learned the hard way in relationships that eating shit is actually an acquired taste...you eat enough of it and one day you recognize that familiar taste early on. Lol 😂
😜🤘

Ah; yes, you misunderstood, and it's my fault; I apologize. I didn't mean "just" as in "only," I meant it holistically, (read: wonderfully) meaning that in addition to the addition of new models, they make the over all experience of using the unit a pleasure and improve the algorithms, never resting on their laurels. The sentence could have read, "FAS' updates wonderfully improve the overall experience, while the other brand(s) only release a bunch of new algorithms." I also would never debate that FAS has more models, I was just citing a single HX FW release.

Your tone came across fine, and I don't feel like you needed to clarify anything. Ignore any morons who can't handle someone having a different opinion to their own. I love it on here, and I absolutely love the frequent updates and support from FAS. Cliff gets stuck in and continually makes improvements and additions. The amps definitely sound slightly better IMO, and the delays are improved noticeably. I need to learn how to use a Compander 😊.

Hi,

Anyone else having an issue accessing their block library in Axe Edit? Since I updated (firmware and Axe Edit, also refreshed after new firmware), specifically in the cab block, if I click the box to access my saved blocks it flashes on the screen for a fraction of a second and disappears.

Not sure if firmware/Axe Edit bug related, Windows/computer related (unlikely since Windows is flawless), or PEBKAC error.

Thanks.

Edit: Spelling.

Hi,

Anyone else having an issue accessing their block library in Axe Edit? Since I updated (firmware and Axe Edit, also refreshed after new firmware), specifically in the cab block, if I click the box to access my saved blocks it flashes on the screen for a fraction of a second and disappears.

Not sure if firmware/Axe Edit bug related, Windows/computer related (unlikely since Windows is flawless), or PEBKAC error.

Thanks.

Edit: Spelling.

It works fine here.

Haven't you made a change on your libraries folder?

Back
Top Bottom