Presets MASTER THREAD - AustinBuddy's 1400+ NAKED AMPS TonePack for firmware Cygnus X2

Third party presets and packs for Fractal Audio products
I just dialled up the Mesa Mk IV Clean from the @austinbuddy Live Pack and I could swear my old trusty Mark IV's were behind me. I'm truly astonished at how good these presets sound. One thing I've noticed is how "focussed" and "tight" they sound in the low mids - dunno if thats the firmware (I'm on 15.01) or Austin Buddy's skills, but I suspect it's a bit of both.

Does playing guitar get any better than this ????

Last edited:
I just dialled up the Mesa Mk IV Clean from the @austinbuddy Live Pack and I could swear my old trusty Mark IV's were behind me. I'm truly astonished at how good these presets sound. One thing I've noticed is how "focussed" and "tight" they sound in the low mids - dunno if thats the firmware (I'm on 15.01) or Austin Buddy's skills, but I suspect it's a bit of both.

Does playing guitar get any better than this ????

Thank you @bread ! I spent the most time ever on dialing in the Mesa Boogies for the LiveGold. They can be pretty difficult to dial in with the GEQ being a component to get just right, and I usually leave them to dial in "last" for that time-intensive reason, but I do think I nailed some Petrucci and Metallica type tones pretty well this round. Enjoy!

Last edited:
Might be in the wrong spot to post this but is there videos for showing this old goat how to back up my Live Gold presets and Updateo_O?
THANKS.

Might be in the wrong spot to post this but is there videos for showing this old goat how to back up my Live Gold presets and Updateo_O?
THANKS.
Watch the Axe-Fx III Naked Amps YouTube tutorials, the first few of them walk through using FractalBot and the editor on loading and saving banks.

Hey everyone: A user flagged this for me.

In 1400+ Naked Amps "Orange Rocker+AD30" v15 preset, the cab block has two active cabs, but one of them is a User Cab (not provided, and shown in Cab 3 slot). It's a @York Audio cab and you can see the name below. If you own the York Audio Orange V30 Cab Pack, then you know which one to use now!

This is my error, and the point was to add some V30 to the Greenback. You can either just mute Cab 3, or or substitute in something that's good to your ears (I don't have a specific recommendation right now, but will when next update comes out probably late in the year if needed, Probably Cab4's muted factory 2 171 Zilla V30 works fine if you want to try that.

Actually - try Factory 2 #93 there...not a V30 but the 57 gives it the bite.

Thanks! - AB

Screen Shot 2021-01-31 at 3.37.57 PM.png

Last edited:
Hey everyone:

Live Gold (and applies to latest Naked Amps fw 15 version too!) Tutorial #4 is now up.

For those of you not using an FC12 or FC-6 foot-controller, here is the long-promised "down and dirty" video on how to use CS per Scene in the editor to activate CS controller switches (such as CS2 amp boost) and save them the way you like them, or to re-map them to your own MIDI foot-controller.

Hope this is helpful!

@austinbuddy
I just re-designed the layouts of my FC12, because you attached so many control switches to the amp block and I want to make use of them. But then I noticed, that you programmed CS 4 for the bright switch in a different way: min is on and max is off. That means, when I turn at the FC 12 the switch on, the bright switch at the AXE is turned off. This opposite behaviour of CS 4 (and only this one) is irritating me and I'm wondering, why you did that.

@austinbuddy
I just re-designed the layouts of my FC12, because you attached so many control switches to the amp block and I want to make use of them. But then I noticed, that you programmed CS 4 for the bright switch in a different way: min is on and max is off. That means, when I turn at the FC 12 the switch on, the bright switch at the AXE is turned off. This opposite behaviour of CS 4 (and only this one) is irritating me and I'm wondering, why you did that.
It is on purpose and the manual and videos explain it.

Brite depends on amp. Not every amp has a brite switch or defaults with it on

if the amp model defaults (as made by Fractal) to brite ON, then the switch turns it off.

if the amp model defaults to off, then this will turn it on (note: the real amp may not even have a brite switch).

so I preserved what Fractal did. Some amps would sound horrible if the brite was off all the the time and you had to turn it on in every preset. Make sense?

It is on purpose and the manual and videos explain it.

Brite depends on amp. Not every amp has a brite switch or defaults with it on

if the amp model defaults (as made by Fractal) to brite ON, then the switch turns it off.

if the amp model defaults to off, then this will turn it on (note: the real amp may not even have a brite switch).

so I preserved what Fractal did. Some amps would sound horrible if the brite was off all the the time and you had to turn it on in every preset. Make sense?
Thanks for the answer. I read the manual when I bought the pack in last year, but at that time I didn't use the control switches at all, so I probably skipped that part.
When I started with the control switches, I discovered the controller page, where I can decide for every scene, whether a switch should be on/off/stay in the latest state by default. That's a very practical tool.

Thanks for the answer. I read the manual when I bought the pack in last year, but at that time I didn't use the control switches at all, so I probably skipped that part.
When I started with the control switches, I discovered the controller page, where I can decide for every scene, whether a switch should be on/off/stay in the latest state by default. That's a very practical tool.
Yes! I recently did this video to explain all that, for those struggling with Control Switches:

Yep... gonna take a lot of time to comb through everything. Months and months.

@austinbuddy Been loving your tonepack, it's a great starting point for me to experiment with new amps. I still haven't dabbled in all of them yet. I'm debating updating to Cygnus now that it's final. Before I do so, I'm just wondering if your tonepack may sound drastically different in Cygnus until you have time to update it?

@austinbuddy Been loving your tonepack, it's a great starting point for me to experiment with new amps. I still haven't dabbled in all of them yet. I'm debating updating to Cygnus now that it's final. Before I do so, I'm just wondering if your tonepack may sound drastically different in Cygnus until you have time to update it?
It will sound different, some a little, some a lot. Depends on amp and I can’t tell you for 283 models what is what yet.

i hope to get Live Gold Bank 1 Marshalls done by May and do partial release of that for everyone to enjoy before I get Banks 2 and 3 done later this spring. Remember, I have to reset every amp model and dial it back in — that is over 1200 unique scenes so it can take some time.

So be aware - if you go to Cygnus now instead of firmware 15, stuff is going to change.

Last edited:
It will sound different, some a little, some a lot. Depends on amp and I can’t tell you for 283 models what is what yet.

i hope to get Live Gold Bank 1 Marshalls done by May and do partial release of that for everyone to enjoy before I get Banks 2 and 3 done later this spring. Remember, I have to reset every amp model and dial it back in — that is over 1200 unique scenes so it can take some time.

So be aware - if you got to Cygnus now instead of firmware 15, stuff is going to change.
Really appreciate the communication. I think most everyone completely understands this is an immense undertaking.
You updating us regularly makes it so much easier, especially for gigging musicians, to wait and make plans. Thanks!

So be aware - if you go to Cygnus now instead of firmware 15, stuff is going to change.
Love your Live Gold Pack . I can not wait to hear how the FW 16 Cygnus will sound like. Keep up the great work Austin!!!!

Back
Top Bottom