Presets MASTER THREAD - AustinBuddy's 1400+ NAKED AMPS TonePack for firmware Cygnus X2

Third party presets and packs for Fractal Audio products
So what is happening when new firmware makes presets sound weird? I have your naked amps and some moke presets for individual songs. When 14 came things started sounding generally tinny. You’re both great about the free updates, but it was time consuming, and lots of the free presets I’ve used that guys have posted on these forums are now unusable. Is there something I can do to tweak my existing presets when the firmware updates? It’s frustrating to have everything sound good and then constantly have to replace it when the next firmware comes in the near term. I can only imagine how time consuming it is for you, ha. My fear is that every time I get things sounding good they update firmware and it all starts over again. I hate tinkering with this thing, ha. I did the copper Carter class and still feel utterly clueless and overwhelmed when it comes to all the possible things to tweak and all the parameters and such.
Thanks for the help, Joe

Hi Joe @UpTheIrons - usually these days I find firmwares update make existing amp models sound better and not radically different (thankfully!). There are some exceptions and it is usually because something was not correct in the original amp model and it got fixed. For example so far people think firmware 15 makes the amps sound even better than firmware 11/2 they were dialed in on. I am planning a firmware 15 update, I just did 14 and now I just have to see if any tweaks are needed for 15, probably VERY few, if any. Hoping to get it up this weekend.

Last edited:
I will say that most of the presets have held up well to FW updates.
I agree. The changes to negative feedback will probably make these a little sharper, but you guys always tweak to your own guitars anyway.

Made the Jumped Bassman preset last night from scratch, with the existing Bassman combination IR cab choice and man I could not believe how utterly REALISTIC it sounded coming out my CLRs. Holy Cow. I really though there was a mic’d Bassman in my studio I was monitoring. Cliff never ceases to amaze!

Okay gang - I've gone ahead and released the promised 1400+ Naked Amps TonePack update for firmware 15.01. It should be in your login download account area on my website now.

It's now just two banks -- Bank 1 and Bank 2, I consolidated the old Bank 3 bonus presets into Bank 2. Hey, we can all use more preset/bank space!

Under firmware 15.x you'll hear more string definition when you play chords than under the last firmwares, and I like it. That's really the main thing I detected when A/B'ing the presets compared to firmware 14 version (really firmware 12) on my two Axe-Fx IIIs.

New presets for new amp models are included in the update -- Archon, Triple Crest, Soldano Bright, Peavey 6560+ bright, Plexi 50W 6CA7, Jumped '59 Bassman.

There are now customized values for amp boost and saturation (mirroring the LiveGold setup) so those CS2 and CS5 switches are more useful. CS6 lo cut is added, plus compressors have been updated and their is a limiter after each amp - you'll like how it makes things sound bigger while staying transparent.

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE look at the README folder and Update notes/User manual. That lays out all the changes. Normally I'd do a video to explain the updates, but I don't have the bandwidth to do that for weeks to come.

If you find issues as you play through it or don't see your download, email me and let me know.

Enjoy!

Gotten a few nice emails from people happy with the update! Seems to be working well on firmware 15.x.

As always, flag any unexpected problems you find for me with any amp models under the 15.x firmware for us here or PM or email me directly.

i am now moving on to update LiveGold next...

All you guys new to this, and not having an FC12 or FC6 controller will find this below info useful I want to (and will) do a video on how this works/how to do this soon, but I'm getting hammered with firmware updates and those take priority.

First, the problem: you guys are seeing the amp block shot shows controllers are attached to the amp (those yellow dots under Input Boost for CS2 for example) BUT you can't move them there, because they are supposed to be controlled by a foot switch.

CS2 - Input Boost
CS6 - Cut
CS3 -FAT
CS4- Brite (or reverses if bright is off for amp as default)
CS5- Saturation

AmpBlock with Modifier Attached.png

Also, if you right click over any of these with the yellow dot, you see something like this - this is how I attach CS2 modifier to Input Boost for example. (An alternate fix: You can always "detach" the Source 1 to = None, and then you will be able to toggle it in every scene the way you like:

CS2 Modifier.png

The Better Solution:

Go to CONTROLLERS (left top button). Then go to CS per Scene.

Here is where you can toggle/ turn any controller assigned CS 2 to CS6 ON or OFF instead, and do it by scene, all on one screen! Here is a screen shot. if you make a change here and SAVE the preset, it should remember it.

Now - after you make a change in the below (say, turned CS2 on in Scene 3, you may have to change to another Scene (besides Scene 3) then back to Scene 3 for the amp block in Axe-Edit to "see" the change you made and visibly show up in the amp block. If you hit "Save preset" it will save this change you made.

So you can turn on CS2 or other CS switches where you like by scene.

CS per Scene.png

I will do a video on all this, but this should help for now.

Last edited:
@austinbuddy I think you might have forgotten to change the compressor settings on the blackface Bassman. It's quieter than other presets. I just copied the compressor settings from another Fender preset and all is well. :)

@austinbuddy I think you might have forgotten to change the compressor settings on the blackface Bassman. It's quieter than other presets. I just copied the compressor settings from another Fender preset and all is well. :)
Thanks for flagging, I am away until Monday but will check. You mean the amp block compressor for cleans, right, not a compressor block or did I forget to include a compressor block? Is this the new Bassman (jumped?). If so, yes the same compressor block post cab in all presets applies for all .Naked Amps.

Thanks for flagging, I am away until Monday but will check. You mean the amp block compressor for cleans, right, not a compressor block or did I forget to include a compressor block? Is this the new Bassman (jumped?). If so, yes the same compressor block post cab in all presets applies for all .Naked Amps.
This is for the preset '65 Bassman v15. The post cab compressor block looks like it's using the default settings instead of what I see you using on other presets.

This is for the preset '65 Bassman v15. The post cab compressor block looks like it's using the default settings instead of what I see you using on other presets.

Per this post, the '65 Bassman Compressor2 block is not set.

As a workaround, please just copy the Compressor2 block (it's correct) from the '65 Bassman single coil preset that follows it, and paste that into into the '65 Bassman preset and save. That fixes it.

Man this firmware 15 sounds GREAT doesn't it??? Wow.... I'm updating the LiveGold Tonepack to firmware 15 now and it's hard to stop playing....

Back
Top Bottom