Axe-Fx III 16.00 Beta 8 "Cygnus" Firmware - Public Beta #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
The soldano 100 is super dirty to me, I had better result with the fas modern based on the recto. Yes I have a cab but not a poweramp . I have tried to put the axe in the return of my JP2c head to use it as a poweramp and the result was cool . Yes I probably will be happier playing through a real cab for these tones . Playing with studio monitor is fun and that’s the sound you have when you record, but just to enjoy guitar... a stack is a stack . When you play through a recto for real , the whole room vibe , you do a palm mute you drool 😅. I miss some real violence . This €&@@€ covid .
Definitely go with whatever your ears are telling you then. Also, we have to remember that this is still the beta and we'll see how it all sounds when it is the full version. The JP2C's power amp would definitely be different than going through a neutral one, while cool like you said, maybe not so good for crafting tones. Are you running your studio monitors loud like you would your stack? It won't be the same, but it will help get some of that thump and interaction with some decent volume. Until then, there are a lot of great amp models to experience. There is also the FAS Modern that you mentioned as well.

We agree there. Tube power and a good cab is an unmatched experience at volume. Therein lies the Kracken!!!
The first time I tried a rectifier stack at loud volume I was laughing all alone in the shop, you do a palm mute, the sub bass never ends. the comparaison with a Davidson bike is great . Everything is shaking in the room.

no I don’t play my studio monitors as loud as a stack .
I own mackie hr824 mk2 pair and krk 6 pair . Both are great in different ways. You have less surprised when you do mixes and presets with the krk because the mackie are way more tolerant with bass frequencies.

the ehx magnum does the job without coloring ? I don’t want to spend a lot for a poweramp .

yes that’s a beta but what is done is done I think, the one who are “verified” and already there won’t change

I got it.
But in the latest official firmware, HBE 2018 sounds tighter.
Which model should I take if I prefer HBE 2018 tone in the current official firmware?

If you want to use the updated version of the older HBE 2018, then it would be one of the new HBE models, but I'm not sure if it's V1, V2, or V1 FAT that you want.

The first time I tried a rectifier stack at loud volume I was laughing all alone in the shop, you do a palm mute, the sub bass never ends. the comparaison with a Davidson bike is great . Everything is shaking in the room.

no I don’t play my studio monitors as loud as a stack .
I own mackie hr824 mk2 pair and krk 6 pair . Both are great in different ways. You have less surprised when you do mixes and presets with the krk because the mackie are way more tolerant with bass frequencies.

the ehx magnum does the job without coloring ? I don’t want to spend a lot for a poweramp .

yes that’s a beta but what is done is done I think, the one who are “verified” and already there won’t change
You know what would sound amazing? The J2PC model into the effects return of the J2PC. I bet it sounds like when you plug the guitar into the front of the amp...

I know this seems silly because you have the amp right there in front of you so why not just plug into that, but now by changing the amp on the Axe to any other boogie amp, you basically have every Mesa Boogie in the box. They will sound totally legit through that power section into that cab... I have the Mesa 2:90, a simul-class power section, and that also works great for Boogie tones.

Now if you get the same result with a ‘non-coloring’ tube amp and power section modeling enabled in the AxeFx, and you can verify that right next to that amp, you let me know.
I don't get along with solid state power so that's not an option for me, but I would love to find that.

Last edited:
Just installed this beta over public beta #2. Haven't had time to play yet and surely haven't had time to catch up on this thread but, when are getting back that SWEET ASS Cygnus boot screen?!! Please Cliff, I cant live without it!!

I spent tonight going through the Plexi's and Fredman's and they have never sounded this good!

If you have AB's Live Gold or Naked Amp pack just try grabbing a preset and 'soft reseting' the amp and have at it!!

Just installed this beta over public beta #2. Haven't had time to play yet and surely haven't had time to catch up on this thread but, when are getting back that SWEET ASS Cygnus boot screen?!! Please Cliff, I cant live without it!!
Its in there look at the RGB screen above the Axe its hiding

I really want to try this beta, but holding off for the release candidate. Good things come to those that beta test, and to those that wait! ;)

I am having a ball with the Plexi tones as they are on 15. I cant wait to try 16!

Last edited:
Cygnus has made me branch out a little more from my usual amps just out of curiosity over how everything is sounding. Ended up finding the perfect Oh, Sleeper tone from their Son of the Morning album using the Marshall JVM model. Been trying to nail that tone for a while and couldn't quite get it close enough until now. It's metal though so most of you jabronis probably won't know the band, but I was stoked. :D

Anyways, this beta rocks. Don't forget to get your playing time in ya'll.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom