Axe-Fx III 16.00 Beta 8 "Cygnus" Firmware - Public Beta #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
looks like the Store button is stuck.
I checked all on the front panel and nothing is depressed and stuck. All buttons have a click. I think it is something in the firmware. There is no glitching booting, only fully booted. Then after it settles it freezes on preset one. Nothing can be changed. I went to the website and did the three firmware rescues, and nothing stops the process.

Brit800 Mod and the Tweed Twin have been big surprises for me on this FW.

100% agree Leon. Well, 50% I suppose. I haven’t tried the Tweed yet, but only because I can’t stop playing the 800 Mod. Just so easy to get a fantastic 80’s metal tone and it squeals like a pig with harmonics. Couldn’t help but play some early Skid Row, especially Youth Gone Wild a dozen times. Squeeeeeeal!

I checked all on the front panel and nothing is depressed and stuck. All buttons have a click. I think it is something in the firmware. There is no glitching booting, only fully booted. Then after it settles it freezes on preset one. Nothing can be changed. I went to the website and did the three firmware rescues, and nothing stops the process.
if it's firmware, we'd all have it. i think it's something specific to your unit unfortunately. maybe some water got in there and it's not "Stuck" but the contacts are constantly being connected/closed?

i can mimic your screen if i hit Store and Exit. sorry this is happening, but i think it's specific to your hardware. Support should be able to help you with this.

Let's keep this thread on topic please. If you have a support issue start a new thread or, better yet, contact support.
Sorry Cliff, but I was just freaking out without my unit. I did contact support. I did the three firmware rescues and nothing works. I hope we can resolve this without me sending my unit in. I do believe it is in the firmware and not hardware related unless it is some kind of memory issue.

Sorry Cliff, but I was just freaking out without my unit. I did contact support. I did the three firmware rescues and nothing works. I hope we can resolve this without me sending my unit in. I do believe it is in the firmware and not hardware related unless it is some kind of memory issue.
Have you tried reverting back to a former firmware? If it’s firmware related this should take care of you.

if it's firmware, we'd all have it. i think it's something specific to your unit unfortunately. maybe some water got in there and it's not "Stuck" but the contacts are constantly being connected/closed?

i can mimic your screen if i hit Store and Exit. sorry this is happening, but i think it's specific to your hardware. Support should be able to help you with this.
My unit has never gotten wet and is treated like a baby and stays in the rack in my studio. You are right, if it was in the firmware, all of us would have it. I hope I do not have a bad memory module or something on the motherboard. My unit is only two years old. I got an email from support stating if I sent my unit in, it could be a while before I could get it back. Covid shots are going out now and that should no longer be an issue. I got my shot last week. I need to open another post because I am off topic. Sorry for that, I am just freaking here

Dude can can you share that preset? Also, which one of your IR packs is that cab included. That seriously sounds mix ready.
HAHAHA! Feel free to use that excuse. :) I had to forego my bluesy chops, so here's a clip using a Tele with the Prince Tone AA964 with an 808 in front and a little Spring Reverb on the back end. I LOVE how Cygnus lets you hear the "stringy" attack of a Telecaster.

The York audio Princeton IRs are available at York Audio if your chomping at the bit for the sound heard here

The York audio thread isn't updated yet but I saw them on the site and grabbed them.
Here ya go.

100% agree Leon. Well, 50% I suppose. I haven’t tried the Tweed yet, but only because I can’t stop playing the 800 Mod. Just so easy to get a fantastic 80’s metal tone and it squeals like a pig with harmonics. Couldn’t help but play some early Skid Row, especially Youth Gone Wild a dozen times. Squeeeeeeal!
You made me try both, thank you :) So true about the 800 and that Tweed is so gooey :)

Just had something strange happen.
I was working on the AXE3 Mk II (Public BETA #5) when the unit suddenly lost power. Apparently a utility truck in the neighborhood cut power to service the lines.
I went to back to work when the power came on. I noticed the logo was not the correct color and was cycling through the colors.
Upon further investigation all Setup Menu data had been returned to default settings.
As an Axe user for almost 10 years now, this is the first time I've had anything like this happen.

Last edited:
I was working on the AXE3 Mk II (Public BETA #5) when the unit suddenly lost power. Apparently a utility truck on the neighborhood cut power to service the lines.
I went to back to work when the power came on. I noticed the logo was not the correct color and was cycling through the colors.
Upon further investigation all Setup Menu data had been returned to default settings.
As an Axe user for almost 10 years now, this is the first time I've had anything like this happen.
do you know if you happened to be adjusting anything in the Setup menu when the power went out? since it saves automatically, i think if you adjust something and suddenly power turns off, it may not save, and that may force a state where Setup has to be reset. i think that was the case on the AX8 at least, but not sure if the 3rd gen products do the same thing.

I was working on the AXE3 Mk II (Public BETA #5) when the unit suddenly lost power. Apparently a utility truck on the neighborhood cut power to service the lines.
This means a failsafe was encountered. If the setup data checksum fails, which can happen if the power is interrupted while modifying it, the unit will detect that and revert to default values.

Brit800 Mod and the Tweed Twin have been big surprises for me on this FW.
The HP tweed twin is a great amp.
ps. Those are JBL D120s in there. I love the amp with those speakers. The model sounds just like the real thing. Really close. At identical settings, maybe just a very tiny bit less headroom. Hard to tell, bc the room isn’t quite big enough for this amp.
pss. Oz lore. That bassman in the background originally belonged to the Hoodoo Gurus.

Attachments

• 452356AB-DF84-4172-90A4-56DFD11A991E.jpeg
    452356AB-DF84-4172-90A4-56DFD11A991E.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 17
Last edited:
Thanks Cliff, Chris & Cooper.
I wasn’t editing anything at the moment. I was editing a few minutes before the power went out. I was using the editor to browse presets at the time of the outage.
I loaded up my backup and was back up in less than a minute.
Thanks for making your products reliable and robust.

Thanks Cliff, Chris & Cooper.
I wasn’t editing anything at the moment. I was editing a few minutes before the power went out. I was using the editor to browse presets at the time of the outage.
I loaded up my backup and was back up in less than a minute.
Thanks for making your products reliable and robust.
Whenever you change presets the setup data is saved with the last preset you were using. That's why the unit boots up on the last preset you were using. Otherwise it would also boot to Preset 0 which would piss off people.

Whenever you change presets the setup data is saved with the last preset you were using. That's why the unit boots up on the last preset you were using. Otherwise it would also boot to Preset 0 which would piss off people.
Oh yeah I HATED that on a lot of older gear!

I see that this thread is now unpinned :eyes: :eyes: I'm guessing I happened to check the forum just as the next beta firmware thread will be posted?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom