Axe-Fx III 16.00 Beta 8 "Cygnus" Firmware - Public Beta #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sooo captor still has an impedance curve even if the cab sim is bypassed - my understanding was that with no cab sim engaged, the amp signal goes THRU (unaffected)
It can't go thru cuz that would blow both your amp and your interface, a tube amp needs necessarily a load.

PS: I don't know if the captor can also act as a resistive load (I don't think so) or a DI box, but in the latter case it would need a speaker cab connected and the signal would be affected by the cab's impedance curve.

That's correct, but I seriously believe that if I used a real amp 2 nights in a row in different venues, placing the same mic on the same spot, the comparison between the 2 would probably sound more off than the jcm comparison! And like I just wrote in another reply, my jcm is the 20w studio version, so it does sound a little "smaller" than the 50/100w big brother
🎉I win 🎉
Because you don’t know my bionic ears yet 🤣
No seriously they are very closed .
i love these mini games .
As my whole family is abruzzese, i sent you (and the whole 🇮🇹) a huge hug in This difficult period.

I love it : They masturbate on this impedance thing but all that matters is the result and if you like the sound or not, #%$£ the rest .

Last edited:
Apologies if this has already been mentioned - seems that the Low Cut setting on the Input EQ page on several of my amps has been reset to default.

For the first time, I can't say that the new version is better than the previous one. I don't know exactly what's going on, but the Brit JVM OD1 Orange sounds better on the Beta5 version. Now it has more digital sound that I'm running away from.

For the first time, I can't say that the new version is better than the previous one. I don't know exactly what's going on, but the Brit JVM OD1 Orange sounds better on the Beta5 version. Now it has more digital sound that I'm running away from.
There were no changes to the modeling engine nor those particular models between Beta 5 and Beta 8.

Boggy XTC red is sounding tiiiiight. I love it. Once you assign an appropriate speaker impedance curve and cab IR it absolutely rips. I put the grinder on the preamp input and turned the sat switch on as well because satan told me to. \m/
I've been lurking on this one....XTC Red, though, is one of my main amp channels.......tempting.......

Trouble is, I also use the JC120 a lot for cleans.....and it's not converted yet.🤬

brace-yourselves-tough-decisions-are-coming.jpg

Boggy XTC red is sounding tiiiiight. I love it. Once you assign an appropriate speaker impedance curve and cab IR it absolutely rips. I put the grinder on the preamp input and turned the sat switch on as well because satan told me to. \m/

XTC Red + Grinder + Sat .... ?!!! o_Oo_Oo_O

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom