Axe-Fx III 16.00 Beta 8 "Cygnus" Firmware - Public Beta #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
They sound a bit different eq-wise but that's probably due to the Captor unrealistic impedance curve.
You can tweak whatever you want in wall of sound. The captor is a great product for the price . Does the job quickly and is better than 3/4 of modelers .
I prefer sound 1 because it’s less compressed .

They sound a bit different eq-wise but that's probably due to the Captor unrealistic impedance curve.
What impedance curve? He stated clearly that the cab sim is bypassed in captor. There's a curve even if the cab sim is off?!?

That's correct, but I seriously believe that if I used a real amp 2 nights in a row in different venues, placing the same mic on the same spot, the comparison between the 2 would probably sound more off than the jcm comparison! And like I just wrote in another reply, my jcm is the 20w studio version, so it does sound a little "smaller" than the 50/100w big brothers

@Vio, do some reading about the AMP block (blocks guide) and the impedance curve. They are coupled in the AMP block and the CAB block has nothing to do with impedance in the Axe.

That's correct, but I seriously believe that if I used a real amp 2 nights in a row in different venues, placing the same mic on the same spot, the comparison between the 2 would probably sound more off than the jcm comparison! And like I just wrote in another reply, my jcm is the 20w studio version, so it does sound a little "smaller" than the 50/100w big brothers
You are right, I also compared my 20W "studio" JCM (into Shur Reactive Load) with the AXE Brit800 and came to the same conclusion (AND I could even use the same amp settings for both!). It is even closer than my Kemper profile attempts of that same rig. That's awesome!

Reactions: edo
You are right, I also compared my 20W "studio" JCM (into Shur Reactive Load) with the AXE Brit800 and came to the same conclusion (AND I could even use the same amp settings for both!). It is even closer than my Kemper profile attempts of that same rig. That's awesome!
the Kemper is a mystery I will never understand. You can use a triple rectifier profile or a fender Princeton profile, they will always sound like a Kemper, with that annoying ooomph in the low mids that FAS sorted out about 75 fw's ago!

@Vio, do some reading about the AMP block (blocks guide) and the impedance curve. They are coupled in the AMP block and the CAB block has nothing to do with impedance in the Axe.
Have I misread? @edo said here
In this clip I plugged into the af3, sent an output to the jcm800 input, jcm800 output into a torpedo captor x with cab sim bypassed, and form the captor back into the af3 input 2, using the same Celestion IR for both clips. The tone, the feel, just amazing!
@DLC86 said "Captor unrealistic impedance curve"
I know what the amp's block Speaker impedance curve is and I use it all the time - so I assume you confused "captor unrealistic impedance curve" - which seems to NOT be used in his chain with the amp block's speaker impedance curve which I don't think it can be bypassed.

Correct?
(Bare with me - based on your avatar name you're a fellow flier same region I'm in and same age even)

@Vio, sorry. I'm not sure I can parse out what the issue or desire is among the different comments. I'll step out of the loop. :oops:

@DLC86 said "Captor unrealistic impedance curve"
I know what the amp's block Speaker impedance curve is and I use it all the time - so I assume you confused "captor unrealistic impedance curve" - which seems to NOT be used in his chain with the amp block's speaker impedance curve which I don't think it can be bypassed.

Correct?
(Bare with me - based on your avatar name you're a fellow flier same region I'm in and same age even)
The impedance curve can't be bypassed in the captor cuz it's the load the amp is phisically connected to. What is bypassed is the cab sim which is the equivalent of an IR.

Last edited:
The captor is a great product for the price . Does the job quickly and is better than 3/4 of modelers .
I didn't say it's a bad product, I just said it doesn't have a realistic impedance curve, which for the price might be fine anyway for some people.

captor.png

I didn't say it's a bad product, I just said it doesn't have a realistic impedance curve, which for the price might be fine anyway for some people.

View attachment 80115
Sooo captor still has an impedance curve even if the cab sim is bypassed - my understanding was that with no cab sim engaged, the amp signal goes THRU (unaffected)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom