Ares is over ...

I guess my question is will Cygnus add additional cpu overhead and or reduce it or stay same on the FM3?

I guess my question is will Cygnus add additional cpu overhead and or reduce it or stay same on the FM3?
Dude they're not going to say yes to that especially with no projected date of release and a few rounds of closed and open beta.

This makes me sad, because I know this also marks the last new system on the Axe FX III

Did you just make that up?

I'm never sure whether false ideas like this are actively made up or if they spring fully formed into people's heads. Either way...

Here's a reminder. Quantum 1.0 was released in Sept. 2015. If not for the new amp modeling technology, it would have been firmware 20 for the Axe-Fx II. Hair was pulled. Teeth were gnashed. "Oh dear!" the pulling gnashers lamented, "This is a sign. The end is nigh."
Flash forward to Quantum 10.... May 2018! The moral of the story is "Do not allow ignorance (or more forgivingly, naivety) to be transformed into worry; it might taint 32 months (or more) which might otherwise have been spent in enjoyment!"

https://forum.fractalaudio.com/threads/quantum-1-0-official-release.104341/

https://forum.fractalaudio.com/threads/axe-fx-ii-quantum-rev-10-00-firmware-release.138476/

I'm never sure whether false ideas like this are actively made up or if they spring fully formed into people's heads. Either way...

Here's a reminder. Quantum 1.0 was released in Sept. 2015. If not for the new amp modeling technology, it would have been firmware 20 for the Axe-Fx II. Hair was pulled. Teeth were gnashed. "Oh dear!" the pulling gnashers lamented, "This is a sign. The end is nigh."
Flash forward to Quantum 10.... May 2018! The moral of the story is "Do not allow ignorance (or more forgivingly, naivety) to be transformed into worry; it might taint 32 months (or more) which might otherwise have been spent in enjoyment!"

https://forum.fractalaudio.com/threads/quantum-1-0-official-release.104341/

https://forum.fractalaudio.com/threads/axe-fx-ii-quantum-rev-10-00-firmware-release.138476/
This!!!
...and not to mention that as much of Ares as possible was ported to the Axe II as well!

This is a great time to be a guitar player, having grown up from the late 50's and starting guitar in the mid seventies, with all the amps and music I've listen to, and having now a little black box with processors in it, WOW Just getting better .I love technology (most the time ) :)

Right? I don't even know how how much time and energy I've spent over the years trying to get the sounds that I get out of this box.

Sometimes they are paid for ...
Oh yes....a common and gnarly strategy used by rival tech companies. I run one, I would know. But yes, you are right. It happens a lot. "turfing" is a common term used by the PR firms. If the Broccoli Association believe sales could be increased by making asparagus look bad it is amazing how many turfed articles begin to appear online about how asparagine causes cancer...asparagus futures decline, broccoli wins. Rinse, wash, repeat. Just as a simple example.....bad press can be bought and paid for. You are right,

CAB MODELLING NEEDED: Ive always wanted and wont be getting a new fractal until there is some version of CAB MODELLING with moveable mics easy swap out of speakers, cab enclosures. etc. But I cant wait to hear the chug.

CAB MODELLING NEEDED: Ive always wanted and wont be getting a new fractal until there is some version of CAB MODELLING with moveable mics easy swap out of speakers, cab enclosures. etc. But I cant wait to hear the chug.
I don’t really see why this is such a big deal. Many IR creators like Ownhammer have multiple versions of the same cab impulse with diff mics and also diff mic distances (in values from 1-10). Nifty feature yeah. But deal breaker?

I don’t really see why this is such a big deal. Many IR creators like Ownhammer have multiple versions of the same cab impulse with diff mics and also diff mic distances (in values from 1-10). Nifty feature yeah. But deal breaker?

I don't know if I think it's 100% necessary, but it is more flexible and intuitive to get at a certain sound visually the same manner you'd mic a cab.

It'd be a very welcome addition.

Back
Top Bottom