Ares is over ...

Man, between Cygnus and the chugging, Cliff won't be able to make a single post without being hounded about either of them until they're (it's?) released.

I'm going to laugh when he comes out and says "I dunno what you guys are bugging me about, I was just chugging some beers and listening to "Cygnus X-1"

That's very interesting!
But!
The real questions are yet to be asked:

1. We have all seen it will chug more and be metal friendly. That is really nice. but what new features will Cygnus Firmware bring beside being the Ares successor?
If it only chugs better and it's a tiny improvement, isn't it simply a 15.02? What makes the total difference?

2. Will there be any renew or fixed values for existing amp models? Or else rewritten amps?

3. Is there going to be any new effects added to the this Firmwares, such as new drives, a doubler, synth improvement, phaser etc?

4. Will the UI add or improve by anything?

5. Will it change/improve the AX3 boot times?

6. Is there any chance that Cygnus firmware will finally use the AX3 MK2 Flash memory for the amp profiling patent that you waited to release?

7. Is there going to be new amps such as Revv models which in the past mentioned it will be modeled in the AX3

8. Any improvement on the effects algorithm and dynamics?

Last edited:
That's very interesting!
But!
The real questions are yet to be asked:

1. We have all seen it will chug more and be metal friendly. That is really nice. but what new features will Cygnus Firmware bring beside being the Ares predecessor?
If it only chugs better and it's a tiny improvement, isn't it simply a 15.02? What makes the total difference?

2. Will there be any renew or fixed values for existing amp models? Or else rewritten amps?

3. Is there going to be any new effects added to the this Firmwares, such as new drives, a doubler, synth improvement, phaser etc?

4. Will the UI add or improve by anything?

5. Will it change/improve the AX3 boot times?

6. Is there any chance that Cygnus firmware will finally use the AX3 MK2 Flash memory for the amp profiling patent that you waited to release?

7. Is there going to be new amps such as Revv models which in the past mentioned it will be modeled in the AX3

8. Any improvement on the effects algorithm and dynamics?
Check out the release notes, and any commentary on the associated forum post when it's released. Until then, enjoy fw15, it's awesome

Check out the release notes, and any commentary on the associated forum post when it's released. Until then, enjoy fw15, it's awesome
That is the obvious. I'm simply asking out of curiosity.
FW15 is amazing, but for me if there something totally new for a firmware, my expectations are usually for a huge patch that have a lot of features.

Any change to amp modeling ie. more chug, as I believe is a integer firmware, so the next one will be 16.00 most likely. But a new firmware era would be fun! So bring on Cygnus! And 15.01 is an awesome firmware

It's new amp modeling technology. There will be a write-up included with the firmware.

The main takeaways are:
New preamp modeling
Improved power amp modeling
Updated amp models

And, of course, it chugs...

Thank you for your answer to my heavily detailed questions!

I'm really eager to see the changes and compare it to 15.01.
I hope that the ENGL models will get updated as well!

Back
Top Bottom