Axe-Fx III Firmware Release Version 12.09

The improved power amp modelling sounds sooooo good! Much smoother, I was able to turn the treble up on some presets without it getting shrill or icepicky. I mostly play clean/eob and I feel like this was what I have been disliking about modelers in general and now it sounds amazing. Very subtle, but made all the difference. Fractal, I love you guys!

I would like fractal to further optimize the authenticity of the amps and cabs in the future with future updates, in order to be even closer to the original. that was shown to me by the latest update 12.09.
I think there might be a language barrier here...

One generous reading: "12.09 is awesome, love what you're doing, keep up the good work!"

If a user cab is locking up the user's unit then there is a problem with that particular IR. It is likely corrupted. It's not a bug. The user should reinstall the IR.

I'll try re-installing that cab tonight. I don't understand why it worked before, but not now. I did move some cabs around a while back. Could that have caused one cab to become corrupt?

My response has/had nothing to do with the specific bug related to this forum-user. I assume that developers want to see the bugs in an organized form (e.g. e section for bugs). And perhaps it's handy for the forum-users too.

Purely looking at your answer; the FM3 has bugs which have nothing to do with "bad cables or other nonsense"?
I’ve chased customer reported bugs for hours each, only to check the forum after not finding anything to see the user come back in with “solved it, bad cable.”

Clearly a bug with Edit would not be a bad guitar cable.

Anytime a bug is reported, someone has to check it out and verify it. A majority of reported bugs are indeed user error or misunderstanding. A bad cable is another common reason, of course for certain types of reports like no sound, or similar.

We take bug reports seriously. It can create hours of work for several people, and historically many times comes down to misunderstanding or a bad cable. All that is being asked is to check your cables before making that report. Checking the owners manual for relevant sections first helps us too. I do it all the time.

I’ve chased customer reported bugs for hours each, only to check the forum after not finding anything to see the user come back in with “solved it, bad cable.”

Anytime a bug is reported, someone has to check it out and verify it. A majority of reported bugs are indeed user error or misunderstanding. A bad cable is another common reason, of course for certain types of reports like no sound, or similar.

We take bug reports seriously. It can create hours of work for several people, and historically many times comes down to misunderstanding or a bad cable. All that is being asked is to check your cables before making that report. Checking the owners manual for relevant sections first helps us too. I do it all the time.
I think that there are many people who think "bug" equates to "something isn't working"... ;)

Hello,

I just had an issue (I don't want to call it a bug but...). I was tweaking the reverb, precisely playing with High Freq Time and Low Freq Time parameters, suddently the output of the reverb went full red and my output 1 went full red. I restarted the axe but whenever I go to this preset the reverb output is full red and the output 1 become locked to full red even when I switch preset. The only way I can play other preset is to go to an other preset and reboot the Axe. Here is the preset, if someone could load it to check if the same thing happens?
PS : my cables are good ;)

EDIT : I could recreate the issue this way :
-Open an empty preset
-Add an IN block followed by a reverb block followed by a OUT 1 block
-go to basic settings of reverb block
-change crossover Freq to around 9 Khz
-lower Low Freq Time under 0.05

Otherwise the firmware is fantastic :)

Attachments

• IMPRO FC12 OUSTALET DPA 12.08.syx
    48.2 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:
Hello,

I just had an issue (I don't want to call it a bug but...). I was tweaking the reverb, precisely playing with High Freq Time and Low Freq Time parameters, suddently the output of the reverb went full red and my output 1 went full red. I restarted the axe but whenever I go to this preset the reverb output is full red and the output 1 become locked to full red even when I switch preset. The only way I can play other preset is to go to an other preset and reboot the Axe. Here is the preset, if someone could load it to check if the same thing happens?

-Open an empty preset

thanks for the detail and reproduction steps. this is a great way to report any issues and helps us figure it out much faster!

Hello,

-Open an empty preset

Fixed for next release.

OK; I understand.

Perhaps it is the fact that I am Dutch and do not master the English language very well. My comment was not in any way related to specific reports of bugs made by users on this forum. I only tried to suggest to have a specific section for bugs as the FM3 section has one. That way (not only the developers) but also the forum-members can quickly 'dive' into these bugs instead of searching for bugs in a generic way all over the place in this forum.
I quoted the post/comment Yek made, because at that moment he suggested what to do with bugs to another forum-member. FractalAudio commented that it was not necessary to have such a section. Which is fine by me; he can run this forum in any way he wishes and he certainly does not owe me any explanation.
I find it a bit strange that the FM3 has an bugs-section and the Axe FX III has not. Especially for the reason(s) FractalAudio stated "Because 99% of reported bugs are user error or bad cables or other nonsense" as in these messages appear on the Axe FX III section (which does not have a bug section and is not needed), but the FM3 section has real bugs? (because there is a bug section)

".............We take bug reports seriously............."
I know this and I have never said otherwise on this forum.

Let's drop this and carry on.

Have a nice day, everyone!

Last edited:
Great sound! What amp and cab is that?
Thanks! I'm away from my fractal right now but I'm 99% sure this ones a combination of the Friedman small box with the old c45 trick to brighten it up on the way in and a boutique 1 acting as the wet amp with some harmonic trem and reverb on there. Matching appropriate @York Audio ir's on both. The marshall flavors have been so killer for cleans these last few updates

OK; I understand.

Perhaps it is the fact that I am Dutch and do not master the English language very well. My comment was not in any way related to specific reports of bugs made by users on this forum. I only tried to suggest to have a specific section for bugs as the FM3 section has one. That way (not only the developers) but also the forum-members can quickly 'dive' into these bugs instead of searching for bugs in a generic way all over the place in this forum.
I quoted the post/comment Yek made, because at that moment he suggested what to do with bugs to another forum-member. FractalAudio commented that it was not necessary to have such a section. Which is fine by me; he can run this forum in any way he wishes and he certainly does not owe me any explanation.
I find it a bit strange that the FM3 has an bugs-section and the Axe FX III has not. Especially for the reason(s) FractalAudio stated "Because 99% of reported bugs are user error or bad cables or other nonsense" as in these messages appears on the Axe FX III section (which does not have a bug section and is not needed), but the FM3 section has real bugs? (because there is a bug section)

".............We take bug reports seriously............."
I know this and I have never said otherwise on this forum.

Let's drop this and carry on.

Have a nice day, everyone!
I don’t understand @yek (who I think is Dutch) sometimes so it all evens out! 😂

Back
Top Bottom