Help the Fight Against COVID-19

Status
Not open for further replies.
We need to grow up and realize giving power to a word, so much that one person becomes angry, one's feelings are hurt and another's life and reputation are destroyed is immature and foolish.

Yup. We all need to grow up someday. It hasn't happened yet. IN THIS CASE the dude is using 'Chinese' instead or corona for a singular reason.

if someone says something that causes you to do something foolish, the fault lies in you

Uhm, there's a LOT of people with fault in the world. This dude has made a career the past few years of exploiting them.

The ONLY power words have is what you give them

Exactly! Which is why Chinese (the people) was used, and not China (the country). He gave the word 'Chinese' great power in his speech.

I just find it amusing people allow themselves to be controlled (often extremely emotionally) by words.

Cool. Walk down to the nearest Chinatown, search out the largest/meanest looking Chinese man you can find
and call him 'chink' to his face while explaining why he shouldn't kick your ass.

Nope.. but one can ALWAYS choose which words matter... you can't argue that fact... the older I get, the less I F**king care about "words"

I wish more people were like you. Unfortunately that's not the case. Which is why the word Corona was crossed out and Chinese was used instead.

Last edited:
Nope.. but one can ALWAYS choose which words matter... you can't argue that fact... the older I get, the less I F**king care about "words"

What a bizarre thing to say. Not caring about words is not caring about efficient communication

If taste and smell are initial symptoms..
then need to find a good source of stank, readily available, and convenient and can be placed under nose for smelling.... while maintaining the 6ft rule.

I noticed the WHO is now recommending that people only view the news once or twice a day in order to maintain mental health. Maybe spending a lot of time in this thread isn't a great idea. Limit exposure, like everywhere right now.
This thread has mostly served its therapeutic role for me and I’ll be stepping back. That said, OMG stay away from broadcast news on the left or right!! There are some genuine idiot-guests on those programs right now. Regarding news, I’ve gone as center as I can with Reuter’s app on my phone, but even there the content is not 100% insanity-free.

Last edited:
If taste and smell are initial symptoms..
then need to find a good source of stank, readily available, and convenient and can be placed under nose for smelling.... while maintaining the 6ft rule.

Simple, eat lots of beans then drop a silent one and see who walks away or cringes! ;)

Loss of smell and taste, definitely seem to be symptoms. More and more people who tested positive are saying the same thing.

"Wilson, a travel expert, brushed off her symptoms when she first got sick, she told CNN's Erin Burnett. She was overly tired and had a low fever but didn't think much of it. Until she lost her sense of taste and smell completely."

https://www.cnn.com/2020/03/24/health/young-patient-stories-coronavirus/index.html

Last edited:
Yup. We all need to grow up someday. It hasn't happened yet. IN THIS CASE the dude is using 'Chinese' instead or corona for a singular reason.

no, actually that was said very few times but the media shoves it in your face for a singular reason

Uhm, there's a LOT of people with fault in the world. This dude has made a career the past few years of exploiting them.

no, once again that is what the media is doing and I feel for the ones that are fully digesting everything they spit out

they (media) have beaten the same dead horse for years, so why stop now?

Exactly! Which is why Chinese (the people) was used, and not China (the country). He gave the word 'Chinese' great power in his speech.

so Chinese is more powerful than China? this is a %100 mental thing giving power to one over the other

Why is it that things require the country of origin on them? Why are there American cars, European cars, Japanese cars, CHINESE cars? because of the point of origin - if you research you will find most last names originated from the area a person was from.

What a bizarre thing to say. Not caring about words is not caring about efficient communication
Oh I can communicate quite well, especially when in presentation mode or teaching a class to other engineers...I simply choose NOT giving power to certain words...but I guess that’s beyond your comprehension

Cuomo reporting that the amount of cases in NY are doubling every 3 days.
If that keeps up, NY will have over 1 million cases by the second week of April.

no, actually that was said very few times but the media shoves it in your face for a singular reason

The people being targeted are tuning in for the official daily WH briefing to hear what the top dog has to say.
That is the biggest stage in the United States right now to reach them.
Millions heard him use that word and that's all they needed to form their opinion.

no, once again that is what the media is doing and I feel for the ones that are fully digesting everything they spit out

1. For the majority, they get their daily news from the media. How else would they?
2. The media is biased as sh*t. The country is biased as sh*t.
One side of the media will repeat and expound on anything that side's top dog says. But, he has to say it first.

Why are there American cars, European cars, Japanese cars, CHINESE cars? because of the point of origin - if you research you will find most last names originated from the area a person was from.

Kinda missing the point. The PREPARED speech said 'Corona' virus. The top dog crossed out Corona and wrote in 'Chinese'.
Why did he do that?

I simply choose NOT giving power to certain words...but I guess that’s beyond your comprehension

Again, good for you.
What does that have to do with why the word Chinese was used instead of Corona?

Last edited:
The people being targeted are tuning in for the official daily WH briefing to hear what the top dog has to say.
That is the biggest stage in the United States right now to reach them.
Millions heard him use that word and that's all they needed to form their opinion.

1. For the majority, they get their daily news from the media. How else would they?
2. The media is biased as sh*t. The country is biased as sh*t.
One side of the media will repeat and expound on anything that side's top dog says. But, he has to say it first.

Kinda missing the point. The PREPARED speech said 'Corona' virus. The top dog crossed out Corona and wrote in 'Chinese'.
Why did he do that?

Again, good for you.
What does that have to do with why the word Chinese was used instead of Corona?
Same reason the Spanish flu was named the Spanish flu..mic drop..

word and that's all they needed to form their opinion.

forming opinions from a "word" and not facts makes for a lot of things, intelligence is not one of them

if you say a "word" once and the media repeats it over and over who created the problem?

did you hear about the Chinese virus treatment drugs manufactured in china that were threatened to be cut of to the us? or does that matter when a word is said after the fact.

Same reason the Spanish flu was named the Spanish flu..mic drop..

The Spanish flu didn't originate in Spain... bigger mic drop. ;)

Many think it was actually the US.
France, Britain, and China are also top suspects.

Listen, we're splitting hairs on what the affect is on parts of the public.
Or how much of their news they get from where.
Or whether it's right or wrong that a word can irk someone.

The issue is the top dog purposely used that word instead of the one in the speech.
Why?
We all know why. It sucks. He shouldn't do it. People shouldn't buy it.
But it is what it is. I don't like it. You don't like it.

Last edited:
The Spanish flu didn't originate in Spain... bigger mic drop. ;)

Many think it was actually the US.
France, Britain, and China are also top suspects.

Listen, we're splitting hairs on what the affect is on parts of the public.
Or how much of their news they get from where.
Or whether it's right or wrong that a word can irk someone.

The issue is the top dog purposely used that word instead of the one in the speech.
Why?
We all know why. It sucks. He shouldn't do it. People shouldn't buy it.
But it is what it is. I don't like it. You don't like it.
Then don’t buy/eat Mexican, Thai, Chinese, or French food... weak minds...

Simple, eat lots of beans then drop a silent one and see who walks away or cringes! ;)

Loss of smell and taste, definitely seem to be symptoms. More and more people who tested positive are saying the same thing.

"Wilson, a travel expert, brushed off her symptoms when she first got sick, she told CNN's Erin Burnett. She was overly tired and had a low fever but didn't think much of it. Until she lost her sense of taste and smell completely."

https://www.cnn.com/2020/03/24/health/young-patient-stories-coronavirus/index.html
They say.. wash hands and dont put fingers in mouth..or touch your eyes.. but what about the finger in the bum?

Have the conversation, but do it without casting aspersions on the people you're conversing with here. If you can't discuss an idea without calling people names, leave the thread.

I didn't "call anyone names" I'm merely stating an observation. That observation is it's OK to use the word Chinese if ordering/eating Chinese food but not OK to use it in reference to this Chinese virus...sorry, that's a weak argument. I despise political correctness.

Have the conversation, but do it without casting aspersions on the people you're conversing with here. If you can't discuss an idea without calling people names, leave the thread.

we have reached the limits on our super powers of enlightenment, so maybe we should let the poor old horse rest in peace

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom