Axe-Fx III Firmware Release Version 12.05

Triple Crown sounds like an HBE where someone kept the gain staging NOS boost but took out all the ridiculous filtering
Good description. When I was picking which hi gain monster to use with my band, HBE was my second choice, edged out by the JP2C+. Now that I have the TC100 dialed in both of those sound a little off, lol. The TC100 is basically my favorite Mesa and my sound, I guess. I really regretted selling my TC50 a few times, but now it's back with way more flexibility!

I am absolutely not a Mesa guy in any shape or form - Marshall and Fender pretty exclusively.

The recent user presets - the Matchless and now the Triple Crest, I've played nothing but these two - the TC is everything I always wanted from a Mesa

Thank you!
I've owned pretty much every Mesa ever made. The biggest issue people have dialing them in, is the bass and mid interact differently, as well as the presence. But in realty, you can make a Mesa sound like a Fender and Marshall, especially the Trem-O-Verb model. But you can't make a Fender or Marshall sound like a Mesa. The TC is a great addition to the AXE.

Wow. That Triple Crest 3, all default settings, into a cab block running the 4x12 Greenback Mix from the Legacy IR bank is something else! Really sings with my hotrod-ish EOB Strat! Hitting it with a Shimmer Drive, default settings and level at 3.66, kicks it into singing lead terriority.

It's got that super-aligned harmonics Mesa characteristic to it, but not the buzzsaw alignment that the Rectos have. I really dig this model!

Quick noodle over a two chord loop. All lame lead lines are strictly mine. :)

That was default everything. Shimmer drive as mentioned above. Plus a little delay mixed in on the line for ambience. So easy to make great guitar sounds these days with Fractal gear.

Edit: Naming presets and scenes is half the fun, right?

Screen Shot 2020-03-07 at 11.27.09 AM.png

Last edited:
Don't forget to change the speaker impedance selection to the cab type of IR you're using, TC is using USA Lead 4x12, if you're using a 2x12 IR, change the speaker impedance selection to 2x12 with similar speakers, the power amp responds differently depending on what impedance curve it is plugged into, if you match them up the power amp output EQ and IR frequency response EQ will match up, it makes the o_O sound

Update to Firmware 12.5... lost all output. Went back to 12.4... no output.

Anyone else experiencing this? THANK YOU!

Update to Firmware 12.5... lost all output. Went back to 12.4... no output.

Anyone else experiencing this? THANK YOU!
I haven’t heard of anyone else experiencing this.

Go to Layout > Meters and see where in your signal chain the signal is stopping.

@VEGAS check the global output settings, FAS changes defaults randomly in FW sometimes, somebody else was using SPIDF and same thing, had to go into global settings and turn it back on from AES or change it back, it ain't broke

Back
Top Bottom