OUT 2 Low volume

One of the reasons I switched a while back from AMP and Guitar Cab was because adding a FXL loop on every preset was driving me nutty :)

So is +20DB the boost number we need ? I was close at +15.

I am hoping this is possible to accommodate in firmware update?

For the consideration list please.
Thank you

I’m concerned about this too. With my ax8 I used out 1 to foh and out 2 to my frfr for monitoring. I need independent volumes on the unit. Why would they make this change? It worked perfectly on the ax8. Why even include a out 2 volume knob if our 2 is designed to be used at unity gain with the output knob maxes?
So you can turn it down if necessary. Maybe they can change it to make it louder if enough people complain about it? In all my testing, Out 2 was more than loud enough. I can’t imagine a powered speaker maxed out isn’t loud enough with Out 2 turned up. I’ll have to test again, but it definitely wasn’t insanely low or anything.

On my III, I’m using Output 3 (unity gain) to feed a Seymour Duncan Powerstage and conventional cab, without having to increase level in the Output block.

This is similar to using Output 2 on the FM3 (also unity gain). Plenty loud enough.

I’m surprised that the Friedman doesn’t have sufficient headroom to compensate for the difference with the level from Output 1 on the FM3.

Believe me the 6tLB Friedman ASC 12 is PLENTY loud.
FM3 Out 2 is no way similar in volume, at least mine, to my AX8 OUT 2.
We know why.

I went back and forth tonight to make sure.

Yes, if I add an Out 2 block, at +15db , or maybe 20 dB someone said ?? to FM3 presets it’s the same......but it’s not convenient.

So is +20DB the boost number we need ? I was close at +15.
The amount of boost is whatever it takes to make you happy with the result.

As others have said, I'm surprised that you're not getting enough level out of your Friedman. I send Output 2 to a wedge, with the Out2 knob dialed to 2:00, and I get plenty of volume, with no boost needed.

I am hoping this is possible to accommodate in firmware update?
The first step to getting a change is to ask for it on the Wish List. ;)

So you can turn it down if necessary. Maybe they can change it to make it louder if enough people complain about it? In all my testing, Out 2 was more than loud enough. I can’t imagine a powered speaker maxed out isn’t loud enough with Out 2 turned up. I’ll have to test again, but it definitely wasn’t insanely low or anything.
I haven’t even tried it with my CLR yet hopefully it works for me 🤷🏻‍♂️

As others have said, I'm surprised that you're not getting enough level out of your Friedman. I send Output 2 to a wedge, with the Out2 knob dialed to 2:00, and I get plenty of volume, with no boost needed.

Hi Reg,
Are you using an FM3 ?
I

I don't think I see a wish List for FM3......Do I begin one ?
thanks

I tested this last night, Output 2 is significantly quieter than Output 1 when Output 1 is configured for +4db. Having said that, I had no trouble getting to painful volumes with Output 2 alone.

Yeah I’ve never needed to max Out 1 to get a “loud enough signal” nor have I needed to change from -10 to +4 in setup. That could by why there’s no disparity between Out 1 and Out 2 for me.

Any speaker or mixer I plug into with Out 1 at -10 has been PLENTY loud enough with no noise, not turning up the knob all the way. Thus Out 2 is loud enough as well for all of my situations.

I tested this last night, Output 2 is significantly quieter than Output 1 when Output 1 is configured for +4db. Having said that, I had no trouble getting to painful volumes with Output 2 alone.

Thanks Hippietim for verifying this.
What did you have OUT 2 going to ? I am using the OUT 2 1/4 inch out to XLR -> ASC12

Thanks Yek, I do not run my OUT 1 Stereo at Max..... nor did I with AX8, but usually at about 11 o'clock.
So adding an OUT 2 block with +20db is the only solution here I see get back control of OUT 2, locally at the FM3.
Am i correct ? I am pretty certain there is nothing wrong with my ASC12, it is just the FM3 has OUT 2 at Unity for some reason.
Just for clarification, if you run Out 1 at -10 rather than +4 in the Setup menu, are you saying Out 1 is therefore not loud enough either?

I understand that +4 is there for a reason but just wondering for more info on this topic.

Yeah I’ve never needed to max Out 1 to get a “loud enough signal” nor have I needed to change from -10 to +4 in setup. That could by why there’s no disparity between Out 1 and Out 2 for me.

Any speaker or mixer I plug into with Out 1 at -10 has been PLENTY loud enough with no noise, not turning up the knob all the way. Thus Out 2 is loud enough as well for all of my situations.

Hi Chris,
Doesn't the manual say to set OUT1 to +4DB for Pro gear hook pop ? this still will not fix my Out2 issue though.....

Hi Chris,
Doesn't the manual say to set OUT1 to +4DB for Pro gear hook pop ? this still will not fix my Out2 issue though.....
Sure, see my recent question above this post. But personally I leave it set to -10 with “pro gear” with no issues.

Maybe Out 2 will get this option in the future as well. But I get healthy levels at default settings.

For clarity, I’m not at all saying you’re doing anything wrong.

Just for clarification, if you run Out 1 at -10 rather than +4 in the Setup menu, are you saying Out 1 is therefore not loud enough either?

I understand that +4 is there for a reason but just wondering for more info on this topic.
Hi,
I have not used -10 as manual asks or +4db, Pro gear.

Back
Top Bottom