OUT 2 Low volume

Oooops, sorry Rex.
I guess its possible I have a faulty unit ? I will contact the official support channel I guess ?
Although Hippitim has confirmed the difference...that we expected per unity on OUT2.

Oooops, sorry Rex.
I guess its possible I have a faulty unit ? I will contact the official support channel I guess ?
Although Hippitim has confirmed the difference...that we expected per unity on OUT2.
You do not have a faulty unit I’m pretty sure. Setting out 1 to +4 will make it louder.

I am set at +4....just like the AX8 was.
Adding an Output block increases CPU usage correct ?

I am not an audio engineer :) different kind, but I just ran a little experiment into my 6 channel mixer.
Set up two channels identical, mono.
One channel gets an XLR from OUT 1, one gets a 1/4 phono from OUT2.
MAX both controls at the FM3. Huge difference in volume, this is not gear related, in my case ASC12.
It is just the way the FM3 is configured, for unity gain, and I need to adapt I guess.

I am not an audio engineer :) different kind, but I just ran a little experiment into my 6 channel mixer.
MAX both controls at the FM3. Huge difference in volume, this is not gear related, in my case ASC12.
It is just the way the FM3 is configured, for unity gain, and I need to adapt I guess.
Did you think the result would be different???

Just set out 1 to -10, and the difference between 1 and 2 won’t be as big.

Yes. Setting +4 creates a bigger difference.

Did you think the result would be different???

Just set out 1 to -10, and the difference between 1 and 2 won’t be as big.
Not as big but still significant....I will try at volume later today. Its just not the same, figuring it out is all.
Wishing for Echo mode.....

Not as big but still significant....I will try at volume later today. Its just not the same, figuring it out is all.
Wishing for Echo mode.....
you have echo mode. it's Copy Out 1 to Out 2 as discussed. Out 2 though is set at a lower level compared to the Axe2 generation.

at this point we're saying the same things over and over. FAS needs to add the ability to increase Out 2 to +4 or some sort of higher level, or the user needs to turn up the devices after Out 2 (speakers, mixers, etc.), or use an Out 2 block and increase the level there in each preset they use.

personally, Out 2 level is loud enough for me as is. i just increase the level of the mixer or the speaker after it. if it's not loud enough for others, what i mentioned above needs to happen. that's all there is to it at this time.

Thanks, and I agree Chris.
I am truly grateful to be using this incredible device with the support of FAS and the community.

Have read this thread with interest. I also use my AX8 the same way and would definitely like a request for out 2 to have the ability to be the same as out 1 in terms of volume. Not interested in using it as an fx loop, I find FAS effects more than sufficient, but use it i a professional setting with out 1 going to FOH and out 2 to onstage power amp and can. Is there an FM3 wish list?

Before you posted this ticket, some customers and beta testers asked for a global graphic EQ for output 2. This would help by providing a master GAIN control for Out 2 of up to +12 dB, plus the 10 individual bands that could be boosted. The engineer I spoke to thought that this would be easy to add and was going to look into it. This would eliminate the need to use the Out 2 block, as the EQ controls would affect the signal when you use OUT 2 COPY OUT 1.

This is an easy software change. When copy Out 1 to Out 2 is true simply apply the same denormalization as Out 1. I'll ask the engineers to implement this. The Boost/Pad will then act as +4 dBu, -2 dBu, -10 dBv, -16 dBv.

Truly a rapid response/solution for All.
It is greatly appreciated, thank you.
This is why I am a long tome Fractal User !

So I would then set this new pad/setting for OUT2 to at +4db.
OUT2 would then have the same VOL range as OUT 1
(Assuming OUT1 is set to +4db)
Correct ?

Cheers !

Back
Top Bottom